LED 3D TV or Plasma TV

rahul88

I am torn between buying an LED 3D TV and a Plasma TV? I am a bit of a Go Green guy. So which one would be a better option for me?

plasma has higher energy consumption,is not ideal for areas with ambient light. but picture quality is great, no motion blur,deep blacks.

Power consumption wise LED is better but you have to compromise a lot on picture quality. Plasma is better picture wise as I have both and almost close to selling off the LED TV.

Marketing hype and cost reduction drove down the plasma tv manufacturing.

LED will consume at least 2 times less power - perhaps even 3 times. That said only the top LED TVs will deliver the PQ that is delivered by a mid-range plasma such as UT50.

The 50UT50 is around 75k while the matching/exceeding LED TVs such as 46XH850 is around 120k. The price difference will alone offset any power saving; in fact it will be years before you will recover the savings. The 50ST50 is around 1L and even here there is 20K difference. ST50 is currently the top performing TV going by the experts' opinions. That said, plasma vs. LED is a very hyperventillating topic and there is no end to debates.

You do a demo and go with your gut feel.

I think this topic has been discussed zillions of time in other threads as well as numerous other places. So please search forum first before reposting an age old topic.

Urging moderators to either merge it to existing thread or close this.

I think this topic has been discussed zillions of time in other threads as well as numerous other places. So please search forum first before reposting an age old topic.

Urging moderators to either merge it to existing thread or close this.

Exactly. How many times we have discussed the same topic with no conclusion. Its just personal taste about plasma or led you like more. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Please search innumerable threads in this forum where we have discussed it thoroughly...

LED 3D TV is the best choice for you as the Plasma TV is kind of an energy guzzler. And while we are at it, I would recommend you to go for a passive 3D TV as you can view 3D on it through comfortable film glasses without experiencing any strain or headache.

LED 3D TV is the best choice for you as the Plasma TV is kind of an energy guzzler. And while we are at it, I would recommend you to go for a passive 3D TV as you can view 3D on it through comfortable film glasses without experiencing any strain or headache.

kindly calculate between exact specs and then say term like this energy guzzler.

to the original topic.what has been already said.
no led can beat a plasma in terms of picture qualuity.nopw audition and decide.

kindly calculate between exact specs and then say term like this energy guzzler.

to the original topic.what has been already said.
no led can beat a plasma in terms of picture qualuity.nopw audition and decide.
Let us not discuss this topic and introduce a new round of boxing. :) :)

@rahul88, please search the forum (and other forums), read pros and cons, reviews, do demos and then decide.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back