LED projector or DLP projector- Please Suggest

rankesh

Hi Tech Gurus,

Planning to buy Projector to watch movies on bigger screen,Please suggest should I buy LED or DLP and which is better and why if you can.

Budget is not decided yet,once I get clearer picture which 1 I should buy then I will decide for budget.Please Suggest guys.

Thanks in advance !!!

Regards,
Rankesh

You first need to know what your requirements are before suggestions can be made. Budget and intended use. Only movies or tv replacement Controlled or uncontrolled ambient lightening etc. Decide on these and then suggestions can flow.

Maybe you can tell us how big your space is? and how big a screen you can go? I suggest posting some pictures of where you want to set it up.

According to me it's not easy to say which one is best over another. But you can try and find a dealer and request him, to show side by side compare, if he can do. Mostly they will deny, or they will not have demo piece, and just selling them, as most of the retail clients don't go in such hassle.

Still if your luck is good and he shows you SBS compare, you will know if DLP or LED / LCD has good white balance, Colors are vivid but not they don't get spread.

I have DLP and I'm happy with it, no current issues yet after 100hrs of viewing.

Thanks folks...as you asked few things need to know first before making any decision
1) Distance and space : I am planning to put in Living room and viewing distance would be 10 feet.
2) And only for movies not as a replacement of TV

As Sam9s Suggested LCD over DLP ( rainbow effect & Lens Life),I think I should go for LCD/LED once but still I wait for your suggestions.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Rankesh

For checking projectors throw ratio, you just have to decide which one you wanna buy. After you make your choice, all projector companies have link on their site to check their particular model's throw ratio. So instead of assuming, you should try direcly for genuine results. I would assume 10ft = 85" display.

As I said earlier till this day I have not faced any rainbow effects, trust me. I'm not any sales man, or optoma not my own company. So yes I never saw it. But yes it's your choice. ;)

Any projector will rock.

errrr "real theatre experience"? ... thats an over statement, LCD/LED projector also give the same theatre like experience (though I am not sure what exactly you mean by theatre like) and rainbow effect is not an over hyped issue, its rare yes I agree but its very much there.

Thanks to HFV and Tech Gurus Like you..I finally ordered Optoma HD141x from Amazon Global. :)

Found this projector very positive reviews in many forums.and suitable to my playing conditions as well.

Regards,
Rankesh

As per my experience LED as a backlight is not so great in overall contrast levels
in 20-40K range , higher range I am not sure .
Just for the information of other buyers

Thanks to HFV and Tech Gurus Like you..I finally ordered Optoma HD141x from Amazon Global. :)

Found this projector very positive reviews in many forums.and suitable to my playing conditions as well.

Regards,
Rankesh

Rankesh congrats! Hope you enjoy your pj.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back