LG 139 cm (55 inches) 4K UHD Smart Nano-Cell TV 55SM8100PTA (2019 Model) (Discuss Pros and Cons)

Sandesh

Hi Guys

As mentioned earlier, my budget is 60-70k+
Size- 55"
Smart TV with netflix,amazon, hotstar, Toutube built in (I used streaming 90% of the time)
Tv watching in complete darkeness (70%)and some daylight(curtains) (30%)t, need to have good blacks and visibility from angles
May use it for gaming and movie/series/concert/dvd/blue ray watching
Bluetooth, wifi ready
Must be capable of connecting my HDD/Comp screen
Good Panels and longevity with long life. No screen burn in
Should be compatible with an old Onkyo TX-DS676 Amp and home theater system

How does the LG Nano-Cell TV 55SM8100PTA (2019 Model) compare when you take all the above into consideration and can you also compare it to OLED and QLED tvs?

It's horrible for anything other than bright room viewing, especially compared to an OLED. Watching in complete darkness on an IPS panel is a bad decision. QLEDs are just VA LCD panels; they have better contrast but bad viewing angles. However, even with better native contrast, for completely dark room viewing, QLEDs falter. Only top end Q80 and Q90 can provide decent blacks because of FALD, but then they'll cost more than a B9 OLED. OLED has perfect contrast and best viewing angles, but chance of burn-in, although that has been reduced a lot thanks to panel improvements. If you're mostly streaming content, there will be no static logos, which means burn-in won't happen. Only subtitles will be a risk if you use them all the time, but then too you'll get a good 14-15k hours thanks to increase in size of red sub-pixel. You can lower their brightness in at least Netflix by making them transparent. Use white, not yellow. OLED is the way to go based on your usage for me.

If you are looking for LG nano cell, then last year's model SK series is better than this year's SM series according to rtings and other websites. You can do a side by side comparison of both the TVs in rtings.com

Hi Guys

As mentioned earlier, my budget is 60-70k+
Size- 55"
Smart TV with netflix,amazon, hotstar, Toutube built in (I used streaming 90% of the time)
Tv watching in complete darkeness (70%)and some daylight(curtains) (30%)t, need to have good blacks and visibility from angles
May use it for gaming and movie/series/concert/dvd/blue ray watching
Bluetooth, wifi ready
Must be capable of connecting my HDD/Comp screen
Good Panels and longevity with long life. No screen burn in
Should be compatible with an old Onkyo TX-DS676 Amp and home theater system

How does the LG Nano-Cell TV 55SM8100PTA (2019 Model) compare when you take all the above into consideration and can you also compare it to OLED and QLED tvs?

The next model is better (9100) but fares badly in reviews. Instead go for 7300 and save some money.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back