LG 32" lcd --

vinod_david

Banned
Banned
Hi.

I had a demo of LG-32LG30R - very nice colour, had good SD picture when compared to Sony V series and Phillips.

Had anybody seen this model in action or anybody who owns it, please what do you think, is it worth to take the plunge ?

Sarlet had also good picture, but didnt like the panel and red color.

pls help.

I have been using the LG Scarlet 32" with an oppo 981 dvd player since 6 weeks and am overjoyed by the amazing resolution and color saturation etc., at default '0" settings for everything. Using 1080i / HDMI output from the Oppo.

Its a very stunning looking piece, and if you dont like the scarlet color, its at the back of the TV, so its not disturbing. TV sounds good too, although mostly I use external speakers which are far superior (JBL control one at Rs. 7500/pair) + a 10" JBL sub.

reviews all over including CNET and What Hi Fi have been quite poor. That's all I know about it. Generally LG and Philips are a bit behind with their LCD panels as opposed to the other manufacturers. My gut feel is that you should avoid these two manufacturers unless there are some compelling reasons to go for them.

Hi.

I had a demo of LG-32LG30R - very nice colour, had good SD picture when compared to Sony V series and Phillips.

Had anybody seen this model in action or anybody who owns it, please what do you think, is it worth to take the plunge ?

pls help.

Vinod,

Will recommend to audition the panasonic, sony and samsung 32" models as well , as they offer bang for the buck, then take the call of which one to buy

the samsung A450 32" LCD has 5 stars on amazon.com with 55 reviews......and the WORST review it has got is a 4 star review......if nothing it speaks for how well the product delivers everything it promises. I've seen a price of 38k for it. I've seen the pictures on it and they're very very good. CNET calls it the best budget 32". Do consider it.

Vinod,

Will recommend to audition the panasonic, sony and samsung 32" models as well , as they offer bang for the buck, then take the call of which one to buy

Thanx Dushie. Panasonic 32LX700 is the one that i love, i thought may be will have a look at LX800 also before taking the plunge, as its getting launched in Chennai on Sept 15th.

In the meantime, I might as well look into LG, Samsung, etc.

Re: LG 32" lcd - Scarlet series

Please be careful when reading CNET or other websites, what date the review is, because you might be reading a wrong model or an earlier year review. Its critical to exactly match the model number (usually 6-8 digits) with the one being reviewed, and do not read any 2006 or 2007 reviews as all those models have been replaced anyway and they dont apply to the new models.

Re: LG 32" lcd - Scarlet series

hey Chetan, I'm aware of that....this is a recent review for this very model.....as are the amazon reviews.....

Please be careful when reading CNET or other websites, what date the review is, because you might be reading a wrong model or an earlier year review. Its critical to exactly match the model number (usually 6-8 digits) with the one being reviewed, and do not read any 2006 or 2007 reviews as all those models have been replaced anyway and they dont apply to the new models.

I own a LG scarlet 42 inch... i had seen sony all the LCD and found that LG is the best

its good and good features

Best regards
SK
Mumbai

Hi.

pls help.

Exactly, I compared the TV in a side by side demo to Sony, Panasonic, Samsung and a few others 32" in the showroom with DVD input HDMI and found it the best picture overall in July end when I bought it. So am wondering is there a difference between the USA and Indian models, how can it get trashed in the USA when its visibly superior in Mumbai?

Oh well, I really am pleased with its images in my bedroom and have absolutely no regrets. Mind you, when it came to the 50" size I really preferred the Pioneer Plasma (forget which model number).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back