LG 42LH50 - reviews / price in BLR?

TNAWAYAJ

Hi All,

I've seen that the LG LH50 series have got some good reviews internationally (on whathifi, trusted reviews etc - note: it's sold as LH5000 in some countries). Considering that it packs so many features like 200Hz, 2msec response time and Divx over USB, was just wondering what folks on this forum think... I got to see it a while back when I was buying a 42PQ70... It was being sold for around 65k then, with an MRP of 78k as claimed by the dealer (LG Brand Shoppe).

What would be the best price for this tv in BLR and from where?

One word for this TV ... AWESOME.

I just got my LH50YR on the 16th of Aug, during the independence day sale. The dealer gave it to me at a fantastic price; 60k !

Well throwing in an old 21inch got me a bonus of another 2k, so 58k was what it was.

On my experience with the TV, I did go to the LG exclusive Shop with my laptop & had a couple of really high bitrate HD clips & they looked amazing when I played it. With the Trumotion set to High, action scenes, panning scenes & the end credits vertical scroll was smooth. No jerks whatsoever.

Playing around with the Expert mode, helped set my picture to perfection. My laptop has a WLED screen & with the help of it could calibrate my screen to pure awesomeness. Hook up the TV vis HDMI on the laptop to set it up.

The cons of this TV is no digital out. No co-ax or optical. No Ethernet, no widgets. & the sound is bad. The speakers are located at the bottom of the TV & you better hook up the audio to your HTS. The divx on USB does not support HD :-(

If you are buying it for the picture, this is the best LG TV that you can get in the market. I had the TV compared side by side with the Sony Z series ( 200Hz Motion flow), The LG , pulverized the Sony, the best part, it costs only half as much.

In low lighting conditions, the image is as soothing as a plasma.

On a scale of 1 5, 5 the higest my ratings
Video 5
Refresh rate 5 (No jags or cuts)
Audio -2.5
Panel 4.5
Looks 5 ( it simple yet very elegant)
Ease of use (UI & remote) 4.5

Unless you are looking for a LED TV, this is by far the best LCD available as of now in India.

I just got my LH50YR on the 16th of Aug, during the independence day sale. The dealer gave it to me at a fantastic price; 60k !

Well throwing in an old 21inch got me a bonus of another 2k, so 58k was what it was.

On my experience with the TV, I did go to the LG exclusive Shop with my laptop & had a couple of really high bitrate HD clips & they looked amazing when I played it. With the Trumotion set to High, action scenes, panning scenes & the end credits vertical scroll was smooth. No jerks whatsoever.

Playing around with the Expert mode, helped set my picture to perfection. My laptop has a WLED screen & with the help of it could calibrate my screen to pure awesomeness. Hook up the TV vis HDMI on the laptop to set it up.

The cons of this TV is no digital out. No co-ax or optical. No Ethernet, no widgets. & the sound is bad. The speakers are located at the bottom of the TV & you better hook up the audio to your HTS. The divx on USB does not support HD :-(

If you are buying it for the picture, this is the best LG TV that you can get in the market. I had the TV compared side by side with the Sony Z series ( 200Hz Motion flow), The LG , pulverized the Sony, the best part, it costs only half as much.

Video 5
Audio -2.5
Panel 4.5

Unless you are looking for a LED TV, this is by far the best LCD available as of now in India.

Congratulations!

How is the regular Tata Sky / Cable SD content showing up on the screen? Any pixalation?

Video 5
Audio -2.5
Panel 4.5

congrats on ur purchase, DNZ.. really glad u r loving the TV.. :)

i must say, though, that my own experience with it in a store setting hasn't been good at all. i was looking at this model myself and got a chance to compare it (and LH70) in Hypercity next to the Samsung 5 and 6 series LCDs recently. The difference in black levels was painfully obvious, with both the LGs being visibly much greyer than the Samsungs. Usually such differences between panels are subtle in store settings but here it was easily visible. In a dark room, I believe the blacks from LH50 would be even less impressive. What has your experience been?

One small suggestion: While I completely agree with your view that LG has a strong value proposition (good features at a decent price), statements such as "The LG , pulverized the Sony..." (Z series) will just lower the credibility of your review.

Hi,

I am having LG 42LH50 and this TV is AWESOME. I am using my ps3 to watch Bluray movies. The picture is amazing. I event use this as my comp monitor. If someone needs the picture i can upload it.

Cheers!
Sudhish.

@DNZ - Thanks for the review! The price you got is incredible. Do share with me where you got it from please, if you don't mind... Thanks!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back