LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Remote froze for the 3rd time in the last 18 days. Needed powering off the tv and restarting. Just switching off with remote wasn't enough. The remote doesn't fully freeze but some functions become greyed out , like the settings. I can switch between inputs. Happened after hours of tv being on like the last 2 times , so something is effecting the mb. The tv was a bit warm on the thicker part while the thin top half was cold to the touch. Not hot or anything . Maybe tv is not built for 6 hrs of continuous on time ? I have done 100 hrs in 18 days.

Remote froze for the 3rd time in the last 18 days. Needed powering off the tv and restarting. Just switching off with remote wasn't enough. The remote doesn't fully freeze but some functions become greyed out , like the settings. I can switch between inputs. Happened after hours of tv being on like the last 2 times , so something is effecting the mb. The tv was a bit warm on the thicker part while the thin top half was cold to the touch. Not hot or anything . Maybe tv is not built for 6 hrs of continuous on time ? I have done 100 hrs in 18 days.
It has never happened to my remote. The thin top side is the panel. It won't heat like in LCD led. The thick bottom is the processing unit. It will slightly be warm but not too hot. 100 hrs in 18 days is just 30% more than my usage. That's nothing. Contact LG for the remote issue.

Hi guys, So I have bought 75 inch FALD and I want to sell my LG B7 55' OLED as 55 seems to small and none of the family members seems interested in using it, Do you think I can get possible buyers? It doesn't have any burn in.
One is my new tv( CYBERPUNK) and other is OLED ( too small now :( )
Would really appreciate the inputs I get.

Attachments

• IMG_20210601_003929.jpg
    IMG_20210601_003929.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210601_141829.jpg
    IMG_20210601_141829.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 36
No never faced any issue with the remote freezing was able to switch inputs. Watched around 6 hours on a stretch for sporting events (different ones).

Hi guys, So I have bought 75 inch FALD and I want to sell my LG B7 55' OLED as 55 seems to small and none of the family members seems interested in using it, Do you think I can get possible buyers? It doesn't have any burn in.
please post in relevant thread/section

You are better of keeping it and use it as a secondary tv. Pple are buying the latest B series at 1.05 to 1.15L. So given the age and model I am sure it will attract buyers only at 50k range.

You are better of keeping it and use it as a secondary tv. Pple are buying the latest B series at 1.05 to 1.15L. So given the age and model I am sure it will attract buyers only at 50k range.
Hmmm. You are right, I was thinking of getting some cash and then going for a ust projector but given low offer, I will suffer loss at selling.

I think even 50k would be high as the TV is likely through more than half of its life already and will soon start showing burn in. Older LG OLEDs weren't that resistant to burn-in.

Also it's older and doesn't support modern file formats. I'd keep that TV for secondary use as a bedroom TV.
I will suffer loss at selling.
You likely used this TV for 3-4 years. If you can sell it for 50k+, I'd say that's a massive win and not a loss.

The TV is definitely through more than half its life (unless you used it sparingly) and selling for half what the new models cost is a plus IMO.

I think even 50k would be high as the TV is likely through more than half of its life already and will soon start showing burn in. Older LG OLEDs weren't that resistant to burn-in.
Hahah yeah. I was just being polite. Lately in the television topics if u talk facts and truth ur accused of being a fan boy. I better be neutral with my comments. I have had it with the tv community in this forum

Hahah yeah. I was just being polite. Lately in the television topics if u talk facts and truth ur accused of being a fan boy. I better be neutral with my comments. I have had it with the tv community in this forum
Indian tv community isn't mature and so is the tv prices. I have always liked OLED but I cannot afford 77 inch OLED here in India. Does anyone here has a 77 inch CX?

Since it’s old model he got it for somewhere around 5.5L
Croma has it at nearly 8 lakhs , while the cx 77 is at 8.8 lakhs.
My viewing distance is exactly 8' for my 65 and now i feel a 77" would have been ideal. Sitting at a distance of around 4' from the 65" , the details and immersion is so much better. Not possible to reduce distance since its in the bedroom.
Bet most guys buying a 8 lakhs tv in India would have a interesting conversation at home.

Well, that 77" C9 was a TV that was booked by another customer and was ordered into the showroom based on a promise made by the other customer who did not turn in. All of a sudden the showroom started feeling some kind of logistical pressure and displayed it for 6.5 lakhs through their online portal. Our forum member, If I remember it right, from Chennai, goes in and casually enquires and strikes a bargain at 5.5 lakhs! I had pm'ed him if there is one more available, as I am also from Chennai, but no reply. In my room the viewing distance from the 65" OLED is 7-7.5'. A 77" would make it look a notch non-ergonomic. So it is for the best I didn't go for it.

Croma has it at nearly 8 lakhs , while the cx 77 is at 8.8 lakhs.
My viewing distance is exactly 8' for my 65 and now i feel a 77" would have been ideal. Sitting at a distance of around 4' from the 65" , the details and immersion is so much better. Not possible to reduce distance since its in the bedroom.
Bet most guys buying a 8 lakhs tv in India would have a interesting conversation at home.
The CX 77" costs just $3300 in US. The prices should come down rapidly in India too as demand for 77" increases and there are real volumes.

Also, people who buy an 8 lac TV make enough money to not have any conversation at home about price. It's likely that's less than what they make in a month.

We can not compare US prices. Even A80J 77 is costing 3500 USD currently.
The prices are high currently due to volumes of 77" TVs being very low here.

Going by 55-65" TVs, these should come down to US price + GST or lower when demand and hence volumes pick up.

I would be surprised if 77" OLEDs are selling above 4 lakhs a couple years down the line.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back