LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

I have decided to put my CX 55 inches for sale @ Rs 105k !!!, I am also willing to pay for the logistics involved ... please feel free to contact me at jayaesh_singh@rediffmail for detailed enquiry.

Dear FMs please me know whether this is an appropriate forum regarding selling ...
After just 8 months you are selling your cx 55 , while i am about to buy one .
Any specific reason for disposing it off so soon ?
Edit - just went through the whole thread and you and some others have put real doubts in my mind with all the buyers remorse stuff.
Dont want any remorse after spending 2 lakhs on a 65" cx.
Seems i will have to again examine the sony tvs.
Might just shell out for a 55" sony A8h.
Because of corona i haven't physically seen any tv and am relying solely on this site and online reviews.

Last edited:
I bought a LG CX 65" on April first week for 1.9 lakhs and I vouch for it. Jayaesh vouches for Samsung QLEDs which is bright but you will never like bright LCDs in the longer run. OLEDs for its contrast is the best TV viewing experience especially for cinema and games. I had a Sony flagship, a super bright LCD LED wonder with triluminous and dynamic contrast booster Sony trademark that CANNOT be replaced by any of the Samsung products. But OLED technology, that's a different ball game. Jayaesh is the exception, not the rule. Not all will sell their OLEDs for LCD panels. If the TV is in good condition, you are a lucky buyer for that price point. (95k-1.05L) inside warranty product. (Disclaimer: New TVs are always better and caveat emptor on old tv sets)

Last edited:
After just 8 months you are selling your cx 55 , while i am about to buy one .
Any specific reason for disposing it off so soon ?
Edit - just went through the whole thread and you and some others have put real doubts in my mind with all the buyers remorse stuff.
Dont want any remorse after spending 2 lakhs on a 65" cx.
Seems i will have to again examine the sony tvs.
Might just shell out for a 55" sony A8h.
Because of corona i haven't physically seen any tv and am relying solely on this site and online reviews.
Depends on ur taste nd contents. If majority of your viewing is 4k movies and HDR contents in a dark room Oled is the best option. If u want to watch regular contents and cable using standard picture mode in a bright environment then Oled is not for u.

Last edited:
Tried a very rough surround sound setup with a old jbl charge bluetooth speaker.
Even with a single bluetooth speaker behind me, the cx gives a very good surround sound effect. The surround sound setting in the TV has to be increased from the preset 4 to around 8 to get a very effective effect. I have to now get another similar bluetooth speaker as you cant connect 2 different model speakers to the tv. All new areas for me.

Tried a very rough surround sound setup with a old jbl charge bluetooth speaker.
Even with a single bluetooth speaker behind me, the cx gives a very good surround sound effect. The surround sound setting in the TV has to be increased from the preset 4 to around 8 to get a very effective effect. I have to now get another similar bluetooth speaker as you cant connect 2 different model speakers to the tv. All new areas for me.
Bluetooth can give stereo output and not surround sound (5.1 etc.). Optical can give 5.1 but not 7.1 etc... So you would have to try hdmi eArc for the best home theater amp and speakers set up.

Bluetooth can give stereo output and not surround sound (5.1 etc.). Optical can give 5.1 but not 7.1 etc... So you would have to try hdmi eArc for the best home theater amp and speakers set up.
2 observations -
I updated to 4k in Netflix and the pq is exceptional. Was frankly getting sick of the relatively poor quality of tatasky hd and prime.
Cx needs a good input signal to show off its 4k capabilities.
2ndly the sound in Netflix is also very good. Very clear. In comparison the sound quality in prime is horribly low. Even tatasky hd movie channels dont have clear sound.

The bitrate in Netflix topped out at 15.5 mbps for 4k content while Google says a good 4k bitrate ranges from 40 to 80 mbps.
In comparison content in the apple app is supposed to reach 40 mbps. No way of checking in the app unlike the Netflix app.
Also got a lg ota update yesterday.

Not only LG CX but all TVs need good input signal to show good PQ. For sound, you might need additional hardware equipment like sound bars or home theater in a box etc... Tata sky would be 1080i - not so good across all TVs under the sun. Amazon prime is inexpensive alternative ott but not for content quality it is chosen. It just is a good adjunct for the bored minds if they have exhausted Netflix content. Disney Hotstar+'s Avengers watching experience is better than Harry Potter in Amazon prime. So Netflix is much more superior but Netflix HD is 799 Rs a month and Amazon prime is 1000 Rs for a whole year. A top end flagship QLED TV also won't give you true blacks and so some of the space documentory in youtube in even FHD will look just superb. In LCD LED technologies you can see the darkest grey instead. Some people say if you go black you will not turn back. Celestial objects, movies involving space will appear out of the world in an OLED TV. Check this out in expert dark room picture settings. Saturn - one thrillion rings - oddest mysteries of the ringed planet in youtube.

Last edited:
Not only LG CX but all TVs need good input signal to show good PQ. For sound, you might need additional hardware equipment like sound bars or home theater in a box etc... Tata sky would be 1080i - not so good across all TVs under the sun. Amazon prime is inexpensive alternative ott but not for content quality it is chosen. It just is a good adjunct for the bored minds if they have exhausted Netflix content. Disney Hotstar+'s Avengers watching experience is better than Harry Potter in Amazon prime. So Netflix is much more superior but Netflix HD is 799 Rs a month and Amazon prime is 1000 Rs for a whole year. A top end flagship QLED TV also won't give you true blacks and so some of the space documentory in youtube in even FHD will look just superb. In LCD LED technologies you can see the darkest grey instead. Some people say if you go black you will not turn back. Celestial objects, movies involving space will appear out of the world in an OLED TV. Check this out in expert dark room picture settings. Saturn - one thrillion rings - oddest mysteries of the ringed planet in youtube.
How is the sound from your cx for prime and tatasky if the home theatre system is not used ? I find the sound really low. Even switching to clear voice doesn't help.
Might get a midrange soundbar since i have the tv in my bedroom. The acoustics will never be very good so no need for a 5.1. I do have 2 old 5.1 speaker sets lying around with their players busted. Maybe get a new avr and experiment a bit.

How is the sound from your cx for prime and tatasky if the home theatre system is not used ? I find the sound really low. Even switching to clear voice doesn't help.
Might get a midrange soundbar since i have the tv in my bedroom. The acoustics will never be very good so no need for a 5.1. I do have 2 old 5.1 speaker sets lying around with their players busted. Maybe get a new avr and experiment a bit.
I have the Sony HTRT3 5.1(Rs.19000) connected via optical cable. There is a clear voice button in it which enhances DTH and Amazon sound output.

You could try a 2.1 soundbar but it won't be that effective. For Rs.14000 there is a Sony 5.1 soundbar S20R. There are dime a dozen low cost sound bars too like Blaupunkt, Boat etc...(2.1 - stereo soundbar with subwoofer 160 watts) But those won't make much difference. Infact the TV by default can even match up to sound bar levels if u raise the volume.

Changed the cx tv's settings from home to shop to show off to a visitor and totally scre...d up the colors.
Had to do a factory reset. Back to normality.
But now unable to connect to the jbl bluetooth speaker- not detected. No issues connecting to the philips and jabra speakers.
Was initially concerned that i would focus too much on the forum fed pq and sound aspects of the new tv and not get immersed in the content. Through that stage and now dont notice the size and newness of the tv. Unless the tv is off , and its size is unignorable in the bedroom.
I am pretty happy with my acquisition.

Ok need help with screen mirroring to the lg cx. I use a free VPN to watch bbc iplayer . But if i try and mirror my phone with the VPN on to the tv, it doesn't connect. Switch off the vpn and connects normally. Internet is advising changes to the router settings which i don't want to do.

Ok need help with screen mirroring to the lg cx. I use a free VPN to watch bbc iplayer . But if i try and mirror my phone with the VPN on to the tv, it doesn't connect. Switch off the vpn and connects normally. Internet is advising changes to the router settings which i don't want to do.
Well I think as the phones on the same network as the TV connect so if you are on VPN your whole n/w needs to be on VPN otherwise I am sure it wont be possible to connect to the TV wirelessly as the phone is on a separate n/w than the TV

Further, any pointers when i press the mute button an mute symbol keeps on displaying. I am unable to hide the same. Is there any feature where I can do so akin to my previous LG plasma.

Well I think as the phones on the same network as the TV connect so if you are on VPN your whole n/w needs to be on VPN otherwise I am sure it wont be possible to connect to the TV wirelessly as the phone is on a separate n/w than the TV

Further, any pointers when i press the mute button an mute symbol keeps on displaying. I am unable to hide the same. Is there any feature where I can do so akin to my previous LG plasma.
Check your "sound out" option. You might be having TV internal speakers plus bluetooth or optical in sync. In such cases the mute stays on.

Ok, I am sharing this information for potential future buyers. Being owner of GX for last few weeks, I would like to share my experience for a difference on the sound quality.

Though I have fairly decent HT setup, I do not switch them for all TV content and in this regard GX sound quality in my perspective is more than excellent. Volume between 12-14 is good enough to fill the entire hall.

The mild bass and crispiness in voice is great. I sometime tap my leg when I hear a nice beats in the music background watching any TV content.

For extra 20-23k, I felt GX is worth if you are going to wall mount your TV. Only concern is using voice command without touching the remote. It is yet to pick my voice accent in most of the occasions. Voice command through remote work flawlessly.

As some of them had few concerns on CX inbuilt speakers, thought of sharing GX experience. Happy viewing all.

Ok, I am sharing this information for potential future buyers. Being owner of GX for last few weeks, I would like to share my experience for a difference on the sound quality.

Though I have fairly decent HT setup, I do not switch them for all TV content and in this regard GX sound quality in my perspective is more than excellent. Volume between 12-14 is good enough to fill the entire hall.

The mild bass and crispiness in voice is great. I sometime tap my leg when I hear a nice beats in the music background watching any TV content.

For extra 20-23k, I felt GX is worth if you are going to wall mount your TV. Only concern is using voice command without touching the remote. It is yet to pick my voice accent in most of the occasions. Voice command through remote work flawlessly.

As some of them had few concerns on CX inbuilt speakers, thought of sharing GX experience. Happy viewing all.
The remote on my cx doesn't understand my accent most of the time. Stopped using voice commands for now.
The cx does have a issue in voice clarity in some of the inputs. Netflix and youtube are fine. Prime is not good. Tatasky news channels are fine but the movie channels are bad.
Watched the friends reunion episode last night and zee5 sound was ok. But this is just for this month so does not really matter.
I use old bluetooth speakers lying around and will eventually upgrade to a external speakers set. But being a total newbie, i am in no hurry.

Tatasky hd movies audio is much louder and clearer after i changed the output to pcm from dolby.
Even prime video sounds better though how the 2 are connected is beyond me.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back