LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

I mean, thats obvious isn't it. The number of pixels is the same on any 4k screen is the same (3840x2160). So the smaller the screen, the higher the pixel density.
Ok I thought it was different with OLED. LCD - yes obvious. OLED TVs I thought had the proportion of ppi orchestrated the same during glass design for different panel sizes.b

Hi, I have CX 65' (4 month old). I was prepared for mediocre inbuilt speakers performance before buying it but it turned out way too bad than what i expected. The dialogue cannot be heard properly unless the volume is 50 or 60. and when sudden some music comes ... had to reduce it back to 20. I have it mounted on a wooden TV panel and set the audio option as mount instead of stand. still no much improvement. Any setting that can improve this or is this a defect in my piece ?

Hi, I have CX 65' (4 month old). I was prepared for mediocre inbuilt speakers performance before buying it but it turned out way too bad than what i expected. The dialogue cannot be heard properly unless the volume is 50 or 60. and when sudden some music comes ... had to reduce it back to 20. I have it mounted on a wooden TV panel and set the audio option as mount instead of stand. still no much improvement. Any setting that can improve this or is this a defect in my piece ?
Better switch to a sound bar. The inbuilt speakers is trash.

Ok I thought it was different with OLED. LCD - yes obvious. OLED TVs I thought had the proportion of ppi orchestrated the same during glass design for different panel sizes.b
No, that's impossible. If both had the same PPI and different screen sizes, they would have different resolutions. At least one of them won't be 4k anymore.

You can calculate pixel density yourself:

Pixel density = pixels along diagonal/screen size.

So for a 4k set, pixels along diagonal = sqrt(3840^2 + 2160^2) = 4405.81

Now you can divide it by screen size to get pixels per inch. Bigger screen size = bigger denominator = lower pixel density.

Are new buyers getting 2021 manufactured units for 2020 model? I was told July/ August 2020 is what available for LG CX or GX!

I had put this query wrongly in another thread!

Well finally I am able to control the firestick 4k with the magic remote. The best thing is that after trying for the connection I could not get it to work and did some cec settings in the firestick and now it just works.

Guys, please help, between the cinema and filmmaker modes (and maybe ifs dark room as a third option) which one is best for space movies?

My kids watched "Soul" from Disney hotstar+ today in our 65" CX and said the black levels were unbelievable. I don't think my hall TV Sony 8000H is even comparable to this experience. Great contrast and wonderful colors and black levels.

This is a common issue with all TV's. No settings can improve the performance of the inbuilt speakers. It's better to add a soundbar or HT setup.

Are new buyers getting 2021 manufactured units for 2020 model? I was told July/ August 2020 is what available for LG CX or GX!

I had put this query wrongly in another thread!
Now that C1 (C11) is launched I guess it will be hard to find CX 2021 model.

This is a common issue with all TV's. No settings can improve the performance of the inbuilt speakers. It's better to add a soundbar or HT setup.
Well, I have fixed a 600 watts Sony HTRT3 5.1 channel to my LG CX which I bought it for ~Rs.19000. BT connection only as HDMI cable of mine needs to be changed and I skipped that as BT connection works well. Harry Potter kind of movies which my son's love watching will rock the room like a theater during wand battle scenes. Infact we got scolded left right and centre by my wife and mother (tag team) over a sudden outburst of surround sound playing Mission impossible BGM music which caught us by surprise while watching Rogue nation(the remote was not near us to reduce the volume in a jiffy). I have never used the 5.1 ch Home theater soundbar ever again. It has been ordinary in sound front but still.... Family wants the volume down.

Well, I have fixed a 600 watts Sony HTRT3 5.1 channel to my LG CX which I bought it for ~Rs.19000. BT connection only as HDMI cable of mine needs to be changed and I skipped that as BT connection works well. Harry Potter kind of movies which my son's love watching will rock the room like a theater during wand battle scenes. Infact we got scolded left right and centre by my wife and mother (tag team) over a sudden outburst of surround sound playing Mission impossible BGM music which caught us by surprise while watching Rogue nation(the remote was not near us to reduce the volume in a jiffy). I have never used the 5.1 ch Home theater soundbar ever again. It has been ordinary in sound front but still.... Family wants the volume down.
Please consider using the HDMI ARC connection on your set. I can guarantee that there will be a massive difference, BT only supports 2 channel audio and is also a very lossy medium for audio. HDMI will transmit Dolby Digital audio which your HT can decode (provided the content supports it, I believe most Netflix and Prime content supports Dolby Digital and Atmos. Even some HD channels via Set top box support Dolby Digital). An HDMI cable is such a small investment for a significant improvement in audio quality

Please consider using the HDMI ARC connection on your set. I can guarantee that there will be a massive difference, BT only supports 2 channel audio and is also a very lossy medium for audio. HDMI will transmit Dolby Digital audio which your HT can decode (provided the content supports it, I believe most Netflix and Prime content supports Dolby Digital and Atmos. Even some HD channels via Set top box support Dolby Digital). An HDMI cable is such a small investment for a significant improvement in audio quality
This itself rocks my room with lots of complaints about huge volume. I infact had a working hdmi ARC with my 9300D but this TV does not support that cable.

This itself rocks my room with lots of complaints about huge volume. I infact had a working hdmi ARC with my 9300D but this TV does not support that cable.
It's not about rocking the room with volume, it's about sound quality with surround effect. Getting HDMI ARC won't make it louder. With Bluetooth you lose the central and surround channels which will make sound fluctuate a lot between different sources so you'll get a lot more sudden increase/decrease in sound.

Also, you can use optical cable which will also get 5.1 channel audio working.

Will this do? It is Amazon basic brand's own Toslink. It's a bit cheaper.

Back