LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Hi Guys while watching IPL highlights on Hotstar I noticed the native App didn't support DV on supported titles while weirdly when watching Hotstar through my Amazon Fire stick it does display DV just fine. Are u guys facing similar issues...

Another anomaly is that Netflix Native App DV is fantastic while that of Firestick is dim n muted.
I am talking about my CX...

Hi Guys while watching IPL highlights on Hotstar I noticed the native App didn't support DV on supported titles while weirdly when watching Hotstar through my Amazon Fire stick it does display DV just fine. Are u guys facing similar issues...

Another anomaly is that Netflix Native App DV is fantastic while that of Firestick is dim n muted.

I tried using fire stick initially but the native apps were so much better in every aspect, I gradually stopped using the fire stick all together.
I dont remember a scenario where fire stick was better to warrent using it.
Btw, is IPL DV in hotstar? Some time back, hotstar had only one DV title to talk of. (Mandelorian)

I tried using fire stick initially but the native apps were so much better in every aspect, I gradually stopped using the fire stick all together.
I dont remember a scenario where fire stick was better to warrent using it.
Btw, is IPL DV in hotstar? Some time back, hotstar had only one DV title to talk of. (Mandelorian)
No IPL is not in DV, they barely manage 1080p properly. Apart from Mandelorian quite a few other titles are available in DV now ...but DV is just not working on the native App, I uninstalled n reinstalled but to no avail.

I understand that hotstar are yet to roll out the dv update on the webos app whereas the same is available on the android app which is used in the firestick.

Further there a lot of options with dv now. One issue I faced is that there is no way to change the colour of subs in hotstar (this is possible in netflix and prime) so in dv the subs are way too bright.

48" is big enough. Infact compared to a 55" it is diagonally only 7" smaller. Length wise not so much smaller. But as there isn't even a good FALD in 45-48 inch screen category, I agree this is the best.
The price mentioned is almost same as what you get for 55 inch. Hence if one is not cramped for space, this will have very less takes. Not sure if they have new OS that comes along with this year model !

The price mentioned is almost same as what you get for 55 inch. Hence if one is not cramped for space, this will have very less takes. Not sure if they have new OS that comes along with this year model !
At launch it was like that. Infact as much as a BX 65"! It will correct from its present price to a reasonable one over time.

I watched hotstar for a very long time today Pak vs SA and CSK ipl match. Will that be a rough use tantamount?

I watched hotstar for a very long time today Pak vs SA and CSK ipl match. Will that be a rough use tantamount?
Not really, ensure Logo luminance is set to high for channels with a static logo and you should be fine.

Anyone got the new update for the CX?

48" is big enough. Infact compared to a 55" it is diagonally only 7" smaller. Length wise not so much smaller. But as there isn't even a good FALD in 45-48 inch screen category, I agree this is the best.
Area wise, 55 is around 27% bigger than 48 last I checked.
And I don't think 55 is big enough after getting a 55 inch CX. Even at a viewing distance of 7-8 feet, it feels kinda small.

Area wise, 55 is around 27% bigger than 48 last I checked.
And I don't think 55 is big enough after getting a 55 inch CX. Even at a viewing distance of 7-8 feet, it feels kinda small.
55" is supposed to be viewed at around 5-6 feet to get full immersion. At your distance you'd need a 65" at least and 75" to get the THX recommended viewing angle.

The cheapest way to get good immersion is to get the viewing distance lower. It's easy if you are the only one watching it, but with family it will be tough.

55" is supposed to be viewed at around 5-6 feet to get full immersion. At your distance you'd need a 65" at least and 75" to get the THX recommended viewing angle.

The cheapest way to get good immersion is to get the viewing distance lower. It's easy if you are the only one watching it, but with family it will be tough.
I know. I just went with 55 because that is what I could afford.

I know. I just went with 55 because that is what I could afford.
In a human life, nothing stops as the ultimate solution. If a toddler finds a way to walk, he has all reasons to want a cycle in his boyhood, a motorcycle after turning 18, a car in his 20s and a flat or a house as he grows older and so would his boundaries of interest. A 14" CRT screen became a 24" LCD TFT, and then 32 inch LCD LED screen which is not as big as a 40 incher and eventually a 55" is the need of the hour and after the 55" the mind would want a 75", 85" and so on! Infact human engineering has not got such pedestals covered and is limited in scaling new dimensions but consumers are not wanting to stay put. So you will surely buy a bigger screen eventually and will jump further.

If you can reduce the viewing distance that can make a 55" look like 65" or even bigger. Just move the sofa a bit or you can use a bean bag when watching movies.
Yeah my bro has a 55 inch tv in a small room and seating position is close to the tv. So when I visit him and watch something in his tv after being used to 65 inch I don’t feel it’s small at that viewing distance.

Does 55" in OLED have better pixel density than 65"? They usually say 55" in LCD technology has the best ppi density ratio.

Does 55" in OLED have better pixel density than 65"? They usually say 55" in LCD technology has the best ppi density ratio.
I mean, thats obvious isn't it. The number of pixels is the same on any 4k screen is the same (3840x2160). So the smaller the screen, the higher the pixel density.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back