LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Will this do? It is Amazon basic brand's own Toslink. It's a bit cheaper.
Yes, this will work. Note that with Toslink you won't be able to play DD+ audio, so HDMI ARC is still better.

The advantage of TOSLINK is that it's very stable and never gives issues. But it can only go upto Dolby Digital.

I have decided to put my CX 55 inches for sale @ Rs 105k !!!, I am also willing to pay for the logistics involved ... please feel free to contact me at jayaesh_singh@rediffmail for detailed enquiry.

Dear FMs please me know whether this is an appropriate forum regarding selling ...

I have decided to put my CX 55 inches for sale @ Rs 105k !!!, I am also willing to pay for the logistics involved ... please feel free to contact me at jayaesh_singh@rediffmail for detailed enquiry.

Dear FMs please me know whether this is an appropriate forum regarding selling ...
You can use the buy & sell section of the site: https://www.hifivision.com/forums/for-sale-by-owner.77/

Personal take: the price of ₹105k is a bit too high. A used OLED has less life in it already compared to a new one(burn-in is cumulative) and the CX was selling for close to 1.1 lakhs a few months ago anyway (even now you can get it for 1.2 easily). If I had a used CX, I'd sell it for around 90-95k (without scope of further negotiations).

You can use the buy & sell section of the site: https://www.hifivision.com/forums/for-sale-by-owner.77/

Personal take: the price of ₹105k is a bit too high. A used OLED has less life in it already compared to a new one(burn-in is cumulative) and the CX was selling for close to 1.1 lakhs a few months ago anyway (even now you can get it for 1.2 easily). If I had a used CX, I'd sell it for around 90-95k (without scope of further negotiations).
Thanks, i brought mine in July (LG Showroom) when It was freshly launched in India at Rs 165K, so i fixed the price according to that

Looking at the current prices LG showroom : Rs 150k, Tata, Reliance,Croma@Rs 148k, Amazon n Flipkart @ Rs 134k I assumed Rs 105K was fair. But if more time passes n I have no takers then 95k it will be as you suggested.

Thanks, i brought mine in July (LG Showroom) when It was freshly launched in India at Rs 165K, so i fixed the price according to that

Looking at the current prices LG showroom : Rs 150k, Tata, Reliance,Croma@Rs 148k, Amazon n Flipkart @ Rs 134k I assumed Rs 105K was fair. But if more time passes n I have no takers then 95k it will be as you suggested.
Try OLX too. Why, can't you use it for games alone for your children? As this is the best gaming tv currently available in market.

@BLASTO got his CX brand new for 1.05 lakhs last Diwali and a lot of offline stores even now are selling for 1.2 lakhs. Even on Amazon, if you buy with 1.34 lakhs with no cost EMI and cancel the loan immediately, it will effectively net you 120k (as that's the principle amount).

Try OLX too. Why, can't you use it for games alone for your children? As this is the best gaming tv currently available in market.
I have it put on the OLX since last couple of weeks, if I don't get the expected price then I will keep the TV n shift it to my parents room n my children have free access to there room 24x7, so a win win scenario I guess.

@BLASTO got his CX brand new for 1.05 lakhs last Diwali and a lot of offline stores even now are selling for 1.2 lakhs. Even on Amazon, if you buy with 1.34 lakhs with no cost EMI and cancel the loan immediately, it will effectively net you 120k (as that's the principle amount).
I just checked with Croma,Tata, Reliance they are all at Rs 145k , could you elaborate more on those offline stores as I maybe missing out on some others...

I just checked with Croma,Tata, Reliance they are all at Rs 145k , could you elaborate more on those offline stores as I maybe missing out on some others...
Vijay sales in my city has been selling for 1.2 lakhs when I last checked a couple months ago. Obviously right now in Mumbai there's a lockdown.

Let's even forget about them. You can get it on Amazon for 1.35 lakhs brand new with no cost EMI of 2 years. Now after getting the no-cost EMI, just cancel the loan on the second day and you have to just pay the principal amount which will be around 1.15-1.2 lakhs.

You are right on loan cancel thing but Amazon/Cloudtail have this notorious reputation of selling refurbished/used/demo TVs. BTW Vijay Sales as I write : Rs 143.5 K .

But I do get your larger point that eventually I will have to be more flexible regarding my pricing strategy.

BTW Vijay Sales as I write : Rs 143.5 K .
You just checked the online price I guess. The CX is available for a much cheaper price offline if you go in person and negotiate. That's how most on this thread got it. I have tracked the price of CX for at least one year now and almost bought the thing last Diwali if the U79 didn't come for el-cheapo price.

Anyway, I hope you do find your buyer at 1.05 lakhs. I'm just saying that this might be the reason you might not.

You are right on loan cancel thing but Amazon/Cloudtail have this notorious reputation of selling refurbished/used/demo TVs.
Wow! That's a big accusation.
Please share any link/reports/proof/experiences for the benefit of fellow FM's.
Because many here depends on online purchases.

The online prices are only for show. Actual selling prices are a lot lower. I got mine for 1.2L after CB last diwali in Mumbai plus got 3 months Netflix premium plan worth almost 2,500 with it. Add to that a warranty of 3 years as opposed to standard warranty of 1 year.
Your pricing of 1.05L for a 10-11 month oled does not make sense to me.
Since you bought it at launch, I'm assuming you got only 1 year warranty which means the TV is almost out of warranty at this point.
My suggestion would be to just use it since I don't think you'll be able to sell for anything close to what you're looking for.

Wow! That's a big accusation.
Please share any link/reports/proof/experiences for the benefit of fellow FM's.
Because many here depends on online purchases.
It is based on heresay mostly and I am afraid I can't substantiate those with actual proof, I guess one will have to check the packing thoroughly and the look for any panel defect or performance issues.

Mind you these accusations hover around flagships more than budget or Amazon exclusive TV.

@Jayaesh1 again we going off topic maybe this thread is not a proper place for this.

@Donivlapog whats the issue you are having in having arc over hdmi with this tv. As you were able to get arc with the previous tv you should be able to get arc on this tv with the older hdmi cable

The online prices are only for show. Actual selling prices are a lot lower. I got mine for 1.2L after CB last diwali in Mumbai plus got 3 months Netflix premium plan worth almost 2,500 with it. Add to that a warranty of 3 years as opposed to standard warranty of 1 year.
Your pricing of 1.05L for a 10-11 month oled does not make sense to me.
Since you bought it at launch, I'm assuming you got only 1 year warranty which means the TV is almost out of warranty at this point.
My suggestion would be to just use it since I don't think you'll be able to sell for anything close to what you're looking for.
It is 8 months old actually, it came with 1 plus 1 warranty, I paid Rs 165 k for it then.

Maybe relative to that Rs 165k price I feel psychologically compelled to sell at Rs 105 k , maybe I am hoping against hope and eventually I will have to lower it to Rs 95k.

Why can't LG flagship be like flagships from Samsung and Sony who barely come down from there launch price unless a newer model comes along.
@Jayaesh1 again we going off topic maybe this thread is not a proper place for this.

@Donivlapog whats the issue you are having in having arc over hdmi with this tv. As you were able to get arc with the previous tv you should be able to get arc on this tv with the older hdmi cable
Duly noted and obliged :)

I think it needs a different HDMI cable. 2.0 over 1.4 or something like that. I will try Toslink. Always wanted to use that.

But it is not like that I am using the HDMI 1.4 cable and getting ARC so the cable is not at fault here and as per my knowledge 1.4 should support ARC on the CX. Check the settings on the AVR and TV pls.

But it is not like that I am using the HDMI 1.4 cable and getting ARC so the cable is not at fault here and as per my knowledge 1.4 should support ARC on the CX. Check the settings on the AVR and TV pls.
I have placed order on Amazon's optical cable. So let me try that. HDMI, I can use later when I have better audio amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers. Till then I am too lazy to fiddle with the AVR settings.

Just got the Toslink delivered and connected and changed settings there is a kick in the soundbar. Got a nice suprapadam running in modern optical connection. MS Subhalakhshmi's voice does sound clearer than BT. Will try other stuff and see later. LG Remote does not control optical. But I do have the HTRT3 remote handy so no problems.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back