LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

The initial picture frame screen shows "Not programmed" message for antenna input.
How to disable this input if you dont have an antenna input?
Yup it is so irritating with black screen and it pops to Gallery mode.
I saw we have to connect to some hdmi cable to get rid of that

As per rtings, there is virtually no difference between BX and CX. What is the point of superior α9 Gen3 AI Processor 4K, AI 4K Upscaler, HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro, clear voice IV, AI Sound Pro etc...? Why should consumers spend more for CX?

As per rtings, there is virtually no difference between BX and CX. What is the point of superior α9 Gen3 AI Processor 4K, AI 4K Upscaler, HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro, clear voice IV, AI Sound Pro etc...? Why should consumers spend more for CX?
Don’t go by what sites say. There are differences in picture processing - whether you notice it depends on your eyes and content you watch.

Higher models with better processing is definitely recommended and sometimes worth a small price difference (like BX vs CX).

^^ +1 Although I don't know what's the big difference between GX and CX...
GX and CX differences should be mostly aesthetic. LG has done away with E series, maybe that’s why G series comes at a premium. Picture differences wouldn’t be known unless we do a side by side comparison.

Peak brightness is a negative trait? Maybe one has to consider peak brightness as a negative point for OLED TVs. (Sony's OLEDs also have a premier price for being less bright. Directly proportional to panel life I guess) Ok 60 watts answer makes even more sense.

Do LG CX TV sets require Sound bars or Woofer + speakers (2.1/5.1) HT or other audio receivers for large halls? (Say 20k extra expenditure) How would you pit them against GX's 60 watts output so as to suggest the difference in pricing saves money on external audio device solutions?

Do LG CX TV sets require Sound bars or Woofer + speakers (2.1/5.1) HT or other audio receivers for large halls? (Say 20k extra expenditure) How would you pit them against GX's 60 watts output so as to suggest the difference in pricing saves money on external audio device solutions?
Any premium flagship tvs will need external sound enhancement to match the picture. Watching tvs with default sound at that level is meaningless.

Any premium flagship tvs will need external sound enhancement to match the picture. Watching tvs with default sound at that level is meaningless.
Then it increasingly appears as if GX is a wasted vestegial product in their line with no big difference whatsoever. For halls, usually not a lot of them fit external sound devices as usually the viewing is more of family entertainment. Personal entertainment is different and usually people have HTs or soundbars in their rooms. Me, being a frugal person have always used the default TV speakers all my life. Spending about a lakh and a half or more on HT to get the desired cinematic sound effect still may look like "well dressed up but no place to go" as elderly people will not let you have a high decibel show in the house. Even neighbors may object. Even after that, you probably will have to think of the correct positioning of the speaker etc..(false ceilings may also be needed for a downward throw of sound in surround otherwise soundbars at 30-40k may be more than enough. Which may be the price difference between the two models) Many people do not enter the world of sound and therefore prefer sets with better pmpo in the first place.

Last edited:
This is a LG cx user thread. For people who love Sony, please by all means go ahead and get one.

Last edited:
Sorry. My bad. What I meant to say was Sony's colour gamut looks artificially high even in light emissive technology with no layers behind it - now you understand I was just mocking Sony on their OLED technology having higher colour levels?

Sorry. My bad. What I meant to say was Sony's colour gamut looks artificially high even in light emissive technology with no layers behind it - now you understand I was just mocking Sony on their OLED technology having higher colour levels?
I was just stating in general. Quantum Tv is known for bashing LG always and is against Oled. I myself a LG hater before I got the c9. I booked c9 at the last moment while I was going to book the a8g.

How is C9 compared to C10? I had an offer of Rs.1.05 lakhs a display piece of c9 55 with just 2300 hours runtime (as covid had shut the showroom down for 6 months). I then figured I might buy a CX for 1.2 after tough bargaining I dropped it and further dropped the idea of an OLED itself for a want of 75" TV. Should I have grabbed that offer?

How is C9 compared to C10? I had an offer of Rs.1.05 lakhs a display piece of c9 55 with just 2300 hours runtime (as covid had shut the showroom down for 6 months). I then figured I might buy a CX for 1.2 after tough bargaining I dropped it and further dropped the idea of an OLED itself for a want of 75" TV. Should I have grabbed that offer?
1.05L for a demo unit is very high. Usage 2300 hours equals to nearly two years based on my usage. I crossed 1000 hours in 10 months and used it only for watching movies,tv shows and occasional YouTube videos. I haven’t had the opportunity to compare c9 and cx but I don’t think there should be a big difference in performance. May be some marginal improvements.

BX and CX might not have a difference but the resale value of CX will be huge compared to BX.
LG BX Missing features
  • no Face Enhancer
  • no Frequency-based Sharpness Enhancer (BX has only "Sharpness Enhancer")
  • no AI Picture Pro (BX has only "AI Picture")
  • no Perfect Color (BX has only "NanoCell Color")
  • no True Color Accuracy Pro (BX has only "True Color Accuracy" - smaller 3D LUT container)
  • no 4K and 2K playback via USB (BX can play 4K/2K only via HDMI)
  • no AI Sound Pro (BX has only "AI Sound")
  • no 4 full HDMI 2.1 inputs (BX has only 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs + 2 HDMI 2.0 - two ports labeled HDMI IN and two ports labeled HDMI (4K@120Hz) IN.) - so you will get two HDMI 2.1 ports capable of 10-bit 4K at 120Hz with RGB 4:4:4, and two lower bandwidth ports that max out at 4K/60P with 8-bit RGB 4:4:4.

Limited capabilities

• Alpha7 gen. 3 SoC (aka M16P3) instead of Alpha9 gen. 3 SoC (aka O20)
  • Lower brightness in HDR/DV (similar to the 2019 B9 model) - needs confirmation
  • HFR limited by the Alpha7 SoC - needs confirmation
  • only two-stage Noise Reduction due to Alpha7 SoC - more image noise with low bandwidth video (Alpha9 has four stages)
  • higher image artifacts due to Alpha7 SoC (especially near-black artifacts and more motion artifacts (flashing, etc.))

Back