LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

Shows 35k minimum in most online sellers. I will probably have to increase my budget to around 50k to get a decent system.
soundbar available much cheaper price in retail shops,they hv targets so ,u can negotiate ,i hv watched some videos on yt they bought it around 20k,for full audio setup u can chose onkyo,denon av receiver

Shows 35k minimum in most online sellers. I will probably have to increase my budget to around 50k to get a decent system.
soundbar available much cheaper price in retail shops,they hv targets so ,u can negotiate ,i hv watched some videos on yt they bought it around 20k,for full audio setup u can chose onkyo,denon av receiver ,

home theatre is complicate to setup,patch download, speaker selecting,accoustic setup ,thats y most of users choose soundbars

Buy polk magnifi mini soundbar. It looks small but is a beast. I owned it for 2 years before I switched to a complete HT setup.

The biggest thing was size, 55 was never able to give cinematic feel, it always felt way too small, plus my tv was in hall, so in daytime we could not see any dark scenes as it was so dim. New 75 inch was very big upgrade in the sense that it is cinematic, looked sharper, brighter and definitely more vibrant.
But I guess new Mi TV is not on a swivel mount now right? Any issues watching from, say dining room or off angle from farther away without having the option to swivel?

But I guess new Mi TV is not on a swivel mount now right? Any issues watching from, say dining room or off angle from farther away without having the option to swivel?
All LED/Fald/Qled will have some kind of colour issues when watching at a angle. I think it will be nimal for MI.

All LED/Fald/Qled will have some kind of colour issues when watching at a angle. I think it will be nimal for MI.
Yeah colour issues are to be expected, but the lack of swivel was what had me concerned, or would things still be visible as the screen size is so big. Haven't owned a TV bigger than 50 inch so wasn't sure of this. My current tv I have to swivel to the left to view from an angle. Otherwise you can't see much.

Yeah, I am not getting good price quote for the OLED. I disagree completely that 55/65 looks like 75 if we sit closer, it never does, by this logic, just buy an amoled phone and watch movies on it, it should cover more area of our eyes.
Mathematically it is the same. Move within a few feet and you would get to see a larger tv immersion experience. Your opinions can be different but maths is a universal truth. The cellphone viewing distance comparison does not apply here because that's too small to enter the threshold.

Mathematically it is the same. Move within a few feet and you would get to see a larger tv immersion experience. Your opinions can be different but maths is a universal truth. The cellphone viewing distance comparison does not apply here because that's too small to enter the threshold.
Agree. Have seen a 77" in a bigger hall and my 55" in a smaller room at around 6 feet looks magnificent

By mathematics only phone covers more eye angle than your 55 inch tv lol.
This forum is really crazy man, A 7 inch tab will cover whole eye vision.
What's the threshold btw? Show me your math you geek boy. Math is universal truth lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_180422.jpg
    IMG_20210607_180422.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
By mathematics only phone covers more eye angle than your 55 inch tv lol.
This forum is really crazy man, A 7 inch tab will cover whole eye vision.
What's the threshold btw? Show me your math you geek boy.
To get the same angle as a 55" TV from 5.5 feet, you'd need your 6.5" (5.5" in 16:9 mode) at about 15cm from your face.

That is problematic for various reasons:

1. Holding the phone this close for longer periods will cause strain on hands.

2. You won't be able to hold it at a stable distance, causing loss of immersion.

3. There are issues at this distance from your eyes because the angle to both eyes is very different. Try this: hold the phone close. Now close one eye. Now open that eye and close the other one. See how different the image looks as the phone shifts. This can cause fatigue in the long run as the brain tries to piece the image together. Also leads to loss of sharpness. It won't be an issue at 5 feet as your eyes will be at relatively same angle.

A phone at 5 inches looks hella immersive. It's just not practical.

To get the same angle as a 55" TV from 5.5 feet, you'd need your 6.5" (5.5" in 16:9 mode) at about 15cm from your face.

2. You won't be able to hold it at a stable distance, causing loss of immersion.

3. There are issues at this distance from your eyes because the angle to both eyes is very different. Try this: hold the phone close. Now close one eye. Now open that eye and close the other one. See how different the image looks as the phone shifts. This can cause fatigue in the long run as the brain tries to piece the image together. Also leads to loss of sharpness. It won't be an issue at 5 feet as your eyes will be at relatively same angle.

Well there are some headsets in the market which the give the immersive cinematic feeling. :)

This is reddit copy paste

Cinematic experience are around 12k in resolution i.e the 70mm. If your eyes have same angle for 55 inch or 75 inch tv. The 75 inch tv will look way sharper because of distance from pixels. One should first try both 55 and 75 and then speak. Barely bringing maths mean nothing. By your maths only, pixels will also look bigger if you come closer to tv.

Well there are some headsets in the market which the give the immersive cinematic feeling. :)
Exactly, that's why VR looks so immersive despite being 2" in screen size. It projects a much bigger image on your eyes.

After the image is formed on the retina, it's all going to look like 1cm. So it's all about what the projected image is to your eye rather than what size is projecting it.

It's not. I wrote it on my own. Want to make a bet before telling such absurd statements. How about it?

That makes no sense whatsoever. And IMAX resolution has nothing to do with cinematic experience, since there is probably just 1 pure IMAX in India to speak. It's very likely that you have never seen true IMAX anyway (digital IMAX doesn't count).

75" TV will not look sharper than 55" one because while it's further away, it also has lower pixel density. That gets exactly compensated. Both have the same 3840x2160 resolution, but it's stretched thinner on the 75".

Did you flunk maths? A 55" TV has smaller pixels than a 75" TV by the same proportions. So while they'll look bigger, they will be the same size as a 75" one at proportionally higher distance.

Go search about what a steradian is, pixel pitch and projection angle.
100% correct. On top of it, a few years back on a screenwriters work shop jointly hosted by celebrities Kamal Haasan and Singeetham Srinivasa Roa, we were given a lecture of how Hollywood movies are able to cut costs by assembling model- miniature sets and having a mini-drome carrying a micro camera replicating effects of a real city skyline and VFX stunts and camera tricks. The mathematical proportion works to the same as one that's really shot by a helicopter in a busy (say)Los Angeles or New York mid-day busy city centre. If that itself is possible this is a very logical reasoning by us, which, a strong sense of denial by Vikrantxtrad does not wish to accept.
The kid will learn eventually.

Back