LG India launches India's 1st Full LED LCD TV - LH90 Series

superbhikari

LG India launches India's 1st Full LED LCD TV - LH90 Series

Saw the ad in today's newspaper about it. Here are some details -

Full LED panel (not edge-lit), 200 Hz TruMotion, 50,00,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio, 1 ms response time, Bluetooth enabled, IPS advanced LCD panel.

Festive Price : 42" - Rs. 82,000
47" - Rs. 97,000
+ HDMI DVD Player with 5.1ch and USB + 50 Blockbuster Movie Pack free.

There no info about this series on official LG india website so far. I tried google to get more info/review about it and been directed to some international sites which mentions that LG LH90 series available there in 55"/47"/42", 240Hz Trumotion, World's first THX-certified display. Rest of the info there is more or less same.

Thing to watch out in Indian LH90 will be for the THX certification.

Please share your views, info, review here about LG LH90 LED LCD TV.

This is fantastic news. Most reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

- Chad B (much acclaimed reviewer and calibrator on avsforums) rates this very close to the Kuro Elites and much higher than any other TV

reviews

- CNET has given it an Excellent rating

LG 47LH90 Flat-panel TV reviews - CNET Reviews

- In the recent HDTV Shootout 2009 comparing all top TVs available in the market, this was rated very highly by the experts (though not so highly by the audience).

Wish the 42" was available at a lower price.. :-(

This is indeed interesting and if it's on par with kuro's that's an excellent news even. Hopefully if we don't want the freebie they may reduce the price. What's in other Manufacturer's bag now?

Doesn't this TV have IPS panel. I read in the forum that generally video quality in IPS panel is much lower than others. How would ppl rate this when you compare this TV to Samsumg B7000 46 inches which is available in india.

Hi Guys,
Just joined the forum to say THANK YOU. With all your inputs/reviews i dared to buy the 42LGLH90 (alas 47 inch is not in production) . And i am so happy to have bought the TV. Have been reading tons of pros/cons about this TV , in the end i am glad i made this decision.

Now , if anyone can please point me out to the FullHD resources, i will be ecstatic. Already started downloading from microsoft , some free videos, to see the real 1080p videos. Blu-ray is still so costly, minimum price is 999 rs in ebay :-( .

Thanks a ton.

Srinath

Hi Guys,

Now , if anyone can please point me out to the FullHD resources, i will be ecstatic. Already started downloading from microsoft , some free videos, to see the real 1080p videos. Blu-ray is still so costly, minimum price is 999 rs in ebay :-( .

Thanks a ton.

Srinath

Congrats on your new buy. I too have today only got it Installed and have started exploring it.

Join the Blu-Ray rental service local in your area. Some locations cite each disk as low as rs 70. Search for such threads in the whole forum.

Atlast i found one drawback. Fast motion is not delivered perfectly, as many have already mentioned. This is the only complain i have, though i am using low,high settings of true motion with various degrees of success.

For picture quality, this is the best i have ever seen. with life like picture and 3D feel to many channels.

Anybody has the best possible solution to the motion blure, please post.

Atlast i found one drawback. Fast motion is not delivered perfectly, as many have already mentioned. This is the only complain i have, though i am using low,high settings of true motion with various degrees of success.

For picture quality, this is the best i have ever seen. with life like picture and 3D feel to many channels.

Anybody has the best possible solution to the motion blure, please post.

Unfortunately thats the drawbac dis TV has got.Even i have asking many ppl ,but no soln for it til now.By de way which DTH u r using?

I am using DISH TV, but not satisified, of lack of Neo cricket. It goes to LG RH399H to convert 576p to 1080p@50Hz. This is connected by HDMI to my LG TV. But i see better result with my 4 year old laptop, VGA output at 1080p@60Hz, motion is a lot better and smother. Enjoy.

Always try to give the best possible resolution to your TV and see the difference. :)

I bought 42LH90 last month for 68.5 k. I am very satisfied with its PQ and the amount of user-settings it allows. Some users in this forum had issues with picture settings of this model (& also some other minor issues), but I believe these issues dont exist in the current lot as myself & other users (e.g. singho, srinath) who bought it recently have confirmed. In general, this is an excellent TV better than any 40/42 LCD/LED-backlit LCD TVs available in India.
On Pana G10, when I last enquired (in Dec09), it was quoted 68k. I had auditioned this and liked it. From what I have seen this is very good for HD, but average (not bad though) for SD as compared to the LH90.
I think you cant go wrong with either of these two both have great fan following within this forum.

Saumitra- Where did u buy it from? I have checked with the LG showroom in Domlur and also eZone, Unitech and Girias, but the best price I am getting is 73k.

Hi All ,

Can you guys please confirm if the initial setting menu show up when you turned tv on for first time

check the manual page 37 'initial setting' , mine didnt and i think i have been bumped off with an old set.

Please help

Yes it did show up.

Hi All ,

Can you guys please confirm if the initial setting menu show up when you turned tv on for first time

check the manual page 37 'initial setting' , mine didnt and i think i have been bumped off with an old set.

Please help

@ Kool Kid - I bought the LG 42LH90QR last month. The LG guys came and did the wall mounting, and i did not notice if the initial settings screen came up when they switched on the TV for the first time, but i can assure you that my piece is a fresh one looking at the plastic wrapping all around the set. I dont think any shop would be giving a used piece to any customer, so dont worry, as long as you have the 1 yr warranty from your date of purchase and you are satisfied with the PQ, you should be good.

I got the TV from Total @ Old Airport rd for 68.5k. I was actually looking for the 47in, but unfortunately it is not available anywhere in Bangalore.

@Saumitra - Can you please let me know if this TV can play MKV files. I have downloaded a number of 1080p HD movies, but these movies are not detected on the TV through the USB. Is there anyway i can play HD content through the USB? Currently i am unable to play any HD content like AVI,WMV,MPEG,MKV,DIVX etc, but i do not have any problems playing SD movies through the USB.
Also one more concern with this TV is i am unable to adjust the picture settings like color, brightness or contrast for any movie/picture which i am playing through the USB. I mean to say there are no options on the TV to adjust the color for anything that i am playing through the USB, and more often than not any picture/movie i view through the USB on the TV comes out real bad with too much color on them.

Also one more question i have is, what is the best way to connect my laptop to this TV - there are 3 options i have :
1.S-video (on laptop) to HDMI (in TV)
2.VGA(on laptop) to HDMI (in TV)
3.VGA(on laptop) to RCA component (in TV)

Any help/suggestions is very much appreciated.
Thanks
Arpan

@ Kool Kid - I bought the LG 42LH90QR last month. The LG guys came and did the wall mounting, and i did not notice if the initial settings screen came up when they switched on the TV for the first time, but i can assure you that my piece is a fresh one looking at the plastic wrapping all around the set. I dont think any shop would be giving a used piece to any customer, so dont worry, as long as you have the 1 yr warranty from your date of purchase and you are satisfied with the PQ, you should be good.

^^^

It is a common practice to sell demo piece to customers after properly cleaning and repackaging it.

Last month, I bought samsung B450 plasma it turned out to be used for 300 hours. Returned it and bought LG 50PQ70. Even for that I had to go through 3 sets in godown before I got a fresh piece.

Can you please let me know if this TV can play MKV files.

Also one more question i have is, what is the best way to connect my laptop to this TV - there are 3 options i have :
1.S-video (on laptop) to HDMI (in TV)
2.VGA(on laptop) to HDMI (in TV)
3.VGA(on laptop) to RCA component (in TV)

Any help/suggestions is very much appreciated.
Thanks
Arpan

Hi Arpan
- You cannot play mkv files or for than matter any file with a resolution equal or more than 720p on the LH90s sold in India

- the best way to connect your laptop to the TV is VGA from Laptop to VGA on TV

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back