LG or VU?

Ashish_Lithium

Hi!

Planning to buy a TV within 45k.
No fancy features like 3D, WiFi, Android etc. required.
Plain 1080p display panel with 2-3 USB and HDMI ports will be enough.
Only fascination is for big screens.
I don't watch TV channels.
Will only be watching local content through pen drive/Chromecast - mostly movies and series.

Narrowed down to following choices:-
Vu 40K16 102 cm (40) - 27k
Vu 42D6475 107 cm (42) - 28k
LG 42LB550A 105 cm (42) - 39k

A bit skeptical on VU as its new and not that much heard of.
LG has always been a favourite, tried and tested brand.

And if I am splurging 40k on LG, can I go for "Vu 50K160GP 127 cm (50) - 43k" with even bigger screen.

What will be the pros and cons of VU over LG?

Budget severely restricted else would not have given a second thought before buying LG.

Regards,
Ashish

Last edited:
LG - Trusted brand - you will get proper after sales service, IPS panel - gr8 viewing angles with protection, price is reasonable compared to sony, samsung.

Avoid Vu imo. Due to unknown after sales support.

If budget a concern - consider Phillips

Many users have no issues with purchasing a tv which offers a good 3year warranty. In the previous year many users have got good deals on toshiba led tvs and are more towards the warranty factor as the rate of failure of led tvs and electronics in general is increasing. LG is a reputed brand and cannot go wrong with them. If you want to pay the premium price and are brand concious then go for lg with extended warranty plan but remember to go to a authorised lg brand store rather than reliance as they will give you extended warranty of resq and others not of lg. Toshiba led tvs had gobe viral last year in the forum many purchased the led's with 3year warramty. You can refer to the previous posts on this forum. In my opinion stay away from vu.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back