LG QNED91 Mini LED

So as expected engineer visits are going on, 1 technician came and he was able to see it in videos but he has no info on what should be done. Now after a week, another technician visit has been arranged. They're just testing with default diagnostic in TV and checking with static images from their service remote.

Another update: The service engineer said that they've called head office and they're saying that it isn't an issue in this model. I don't think they're gonna acknowledge this as an issue and provide replacement. Guess I'll be stuck with this.

Another update: The service engineer said that they've called head office and they're saying that it isn't an issue in this model. I don't think they're gonna acknowledge this as an issue and provide replacement. Guess I'll be stuck with this.
Is it watchable or it robs some fun?

Is it watchable or it robs some fun?
For some content it's fine but during scenes with panning shots, scenes with clear blue sky like in vlogs etc they're very noticeable. If I notice a little closer i can even see it slightly in faces of people in serials during close up scenes. The service person has been helpful and said to take it higher up as they're not accepting it as an issue, will try the contact CEO option and see if that makes any difference.

What I'm surprised with is I also complained about mic not working in my remote from day 1 unboxing and they're yet to provide a replacement even for that. It has been almost a month and all I got was two technician visit who reached the same conclusion that it's faulty and I thought Samsung was bad in after sales!

A friend just got the 65qned91 for 147.5k, 170k less 15k exchange for a damaged oled less 7.5k cash back in Delhi.

Waiting for technician to come and install. Will report back on DSE.

The issues with this TV just keep piling up, from last month there's a line appearing randomly in the display. Is it possible to get replacement after close to 3 months?
The service guy is saying replacement is not possible. I'm planning to raise a complaint in consumer forum and get refund if they don't provide replacement. I can't believe LG support is this bad, they are literally the worst.

20220804_233332.jpg

The issues with this TV just keep piling up, from last month there's a line appearing randomly in the display. Is it possible to get replacement after close to 3 months?
The service guy is saying replacement is not possible. I'm planning to raise a complaint in consumer forum and get refund if they don't provide replacement. I can't believe LG support is this bad, they are literally the worst.

View attachment 71137
They will replace the panel or they will replace the set. There are also dead pixels. This is clearly manufacturing defect. It will be replaced. Don't worry. Keep torturing them.

They will replace the panel or they will replace the set. There are also dead pixels. This is clearly manufacturing defect. It will be replaced. Don't worry. Keep torturing them.
Those are just dust, I've mentioned to the service guy that I'll only accept replacement of the set but he said they only replace panel.
I really wanted to keep the TV as i like it but after dealing with these guys for two months I feel like i should just get refund and go with another brand.

They are saying only panel replacement is possible and as a goodwill they're giving extended warranty for another year.
My only concern is, How would I know if they use refurbished/used panel as they're saying it will be taken to workshop to get the panel replaced!
I'm confused if I should proceed with this or escalate this further.

@Donivlapog any suggestions?

They are saying only panel replacement is possible and as a goodwill they're giving extended warranty for another year.
My only concern is, How would I know if they use refurbished/used panel as they're saying it will be taken to workshop to get the panel replaced!
I'm confused if I should proceed with this or escalate this further.

@Donivlapog any suggestions?
I have experience with Sony. Sony did it in front of my eyes. I was given a replacement with panel even displaying the panel price(60k, 75 inch panrl). So tell them to do it in front of you.

I have experience with Sony. Sony did it in front of my eyes. I was given a replacement with panel even displaying the panel price(60k, 75 inch panrl). So tell them to do it in front of you.
He assures that it won't be a refurbished panel, he also said it'll have to be shipped from another country. Do I ask him to let me be present in their workshop when it's being changed?

He assures that it won't be a refurbished panel, he also said it'll have to be shipped from another country. Do I ask him to let me be present in their workshop when it's being changed?
For me also it was shipped from Singapore. When it reached thrm they called me and had it fixed in my home. 75" and above changes dynamics and logistics i think. Upto 65 they do it in their lab.

For me also it was shipped from Singapore. When it reached thrm they called me and had it fixed in my home. 75" and above changes dynamics and logistics i think. Upto 65 they do it in their lab.
Ah okay, mine is 65 inches and they said it'll probably be done in the workshop. How did you confirm that the one from Singapore is new and not refurbished/used panel?

Ah okay, mine is 65 inches and they said it'll probably be done in the workshop. How did you confirm that the one from Singapore is new and not refurbished/used panel?
Just a hunch as it had a price tag and the panel was spic and span after they unboxed it and had the covers removed. It was done twice on the first month of its purchase and now has completed 1 year and 8 months with no blemish whatsoever. Infact i must admit three times was the charm in my case. The second replacement had Audi logo kind of circles and they took another couple weeks for the third and last replacement. You see, a senior member of this forum by the id lightgamer had many times stated that initially during the first few months the likelihood of TVs getting faults are high and after a steady run, it would be stable. I got to experience what he said in my case. So dont worry. It will not give further problems. This forum has many such experiences and OEMs will want to fit the right panel to avoid redundant logistical costs.

Just a hunch as it had a price tag and the panel was spic and span after they unboxed it and had the covers removed. It was done twice on the first month of its purchase and now has completed 1 year and 8 months with no blemish whatsoever. Infact i must admit three times was the charm in my case. The second replacement had Audi logo kind of circles and they took another couple weeks for the third and last replacement. You see, a senior member of this forum by the id lightgamer had many times stated that initially during the first few months the likelihood of TVs getting faults are high and after a steady run, it would be stable. I got to experience what he said in my case. So dont worry. It will not give further problems. This forum has many such experiences and OEMs will want to fit the right panel to avoid redundant logistical costs.
Dang you had to replace it 3 times?! May I know what was the issue? DSE or lines in display?

Just a hunch as it had a price tag and the panel was spic and span after they unboxed it and had the covers removed. It was done of the first month of its purchase and now has completed 1 year and 8 months with no blemish whatsoever. Infact i must admit three times was the charm. The second replacement had Audi logo kind of circles and they took another couple weeks for the third and last replacement. You see, a senior member of this forum by the id lightgamer had many times stated that initially during the first few months the likelihood of TVs getting faults are high and after a steady run, it would be stable. I got to experience what he said in my case. So dont worry. It will not give further problems. This forum has many such experiences and OEMs will want to fit the right panel to avoid redundant logistical costs.
Dang you had to replace it 3 times?! May I know what was the issue? DSE or lines in display?
First time no display when TV was switched on. That was exactly a month from purchase date. I registered a complaint, they came, checked the set then and there and took a few pics asked for the warranty card and purchase invoice and said they have to replace the panel. Panel had to be shipped from Singapore blah blah. Panel arrived 2 weeks later and it had Audi or olympic rings. Then they got us another panel 2 weeks later that still works.

Yeah I think so too. But am not convinced that an OLED is going to suit my use case as my living room gets a lot of bright natural light, with a large Fenesta door bang opposite where the TV will be placed.

But since I am upgrading from a 9 year old 720p Panasonic plasma, only an OLED is going to feel like an actual upgrade (at least that's what this forum and the internet in general says).

What do I do then? Maybe buy some thick curtains and cover the Fenesta everytime I switch the TV on, plus cover the light from the adjacent kitchen/utility too and make the room as dark as possible.
Maaan, as far as TVs go, I have found my spirit-twin.
I too am upgrading from 720p Panasonic Plasma.
Saw SONY X80K and other 4k UHD LEDs from Samsung and LG - because my initial budget was <50k.
But, soon I have realized that the budget needs to be bumped up significantly to have a feel of an upgrade in PQ not only in panel size.
So, I am zerrowing in on LG A1 -
Could anyone of you inform how much does A1 - 55" retails in shop? I was quoted 80k for 48" so.....

So final update on the replacement. Kudos to LG as they are giving me a LG C2 65 inches as replacement instead. I said yes right away as it's a good deal but now I'm a little worried if I made the right choice because of OLED burn in risk since 99% of it's use case is watching TV serials. I'll be going forward with this nevertheless hoping the new OLED panels are less likely to develop burn in.

So final update on the replacement. Kudos to LG as they are giving me a LG C2 65 inches as replacement instead. I said yes right away as it's a good deal but now I'm a little worried if I made the right choice because of OLED burn in risk since 99% of it's use case is watching TV serials. I'll be going forward with this nevertheless hoping the new OLED panels are less likely to develop burn in.
Burn in is something that will happen if you keep still images on for many thousands of hours. C2 has a EVO panel which is based on deuterium, an isotope and not hydrogen itself and so it functions as a heatsink. Lesser chances of burn in plus better brightness than before. Just a little less than the QD OLED panels. So congrats and you are lucky! Enjoy the TV.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back