LG QNED91 Mini LED

Absolutely not worth it in that case. This is supposed to be a vfm tv.
Yeah I think so too. But am not convinced that an OLED is going to suit my use case as my living room gets a lot of bright natural light, with a large Fenesta door bang opposite where the TV will be placed.

But since I am upgrading from a 9 year old 720p Panasonic plasma, only an OLED is going to feel like an actual upgrade (at least that's what this forum and the internet in general says).

What do I do then? Maybe buy some thick curtains and cover the Fenesta everytime I switch the TV on, plus cover the light from the adjacent kitchen/utility too and make the room as dark as possible.

Expect street pricing to be around 165-170k - the same as OLED A1 65". It has the same MSRP.
Actually the C1 is nearly at the end of it's life cycle as we will see the C2 in another 3-4 months, and the QNED is just launched hence the comparable price.

From what I have enquired so far:

LG QNED91 65: Rs.1.90L + 12.5k credit card cashback.

LG C1 65: Rs.1.79L including all discounts and cashbacks.

What do I do then? Maybe buy some thick curtains and cover the Fenesta everytime I switch the TV on, plus cover the light from the adjacent kitchen/utility too and make the room as dark as possible.
If you can make your environment dark nothing beats an Oled. In a bright room also it will be an excellent tv but maximum benefits will be in a dark room. Direct reflections points will be a huge problem and during dark scenes the black portion of the screen will act as a mirror.

Yeah I think so too. But am not convinced that an OLED is going to suit my use case as my living room gets a lot of bright natural light, with a large Fenesta door bang opposite where the TV will be placed.

But since I am upgrading from a 9 year old 720p Panasonic plasma, only an OLED is going to feel like an actual upgrade (at least that's what this forum and the internet in general says).

Depends on whether you want to black up the living room, I have decided not to destroy the living room Glass aesthetics and will go with Samsung Frame 2022 whenever it reaches India, best TV ever made for bright lights and reflections, trust me under bright lights all the fancy terms and technology becomes useless and the only criteria left is reflection handling capabilities of the TV.

Samsung anyway make the best reflection handling TVs but what they have achieved with the Frame 2022 is amazing, just watch this video comparing the already good reflection handling Frame 2021 vs Frame 2022:

I will be keeping an eye out for this one as my TV is going to be due for an upgrade soon.
On tablets, the mini LED on ipad Pro is significantly better on HDR overall than the oled on Samsung tab s7+ (i use both on daily basis) - it's not even a fair comparison.

But the reviews on the Samsung MiniLED has been mixed (haven't seen it though)
Let's see if this one gets it right

On tablets, the mini LED on ipad Pro is significantly better on HDR overall than the oled on Samsung tab s7+ (i use both on daily basis) - it's not even a fair comparison.
That's because the S7+ is really dim and can't even hit 500 nits. Samsung and general android EOTF tracking is also very off.

On the other hand iPad pro can hit 1600 nits.
But the reviews on the Samsung MiniLED has been mixed (haven't seen it though)
Samsung miniLED has 500-600 zones vs 2500 on iPad pro. It's a massive difference and they're not even in the same league.

Yeah, that likely explains it.

It’s hard to describe the HDR performance on the mini led iPad unless one actually views a few movies or episodes.
E.g A panning shot of the sun actually makes you wince like it would in real life. Combine that with the great Color accuracy and it’s become my go-to video player if I am watching anything alone.

None of the OLED screens I have seen come close .. although I suppose the new Lg GX series should but haven’t seen that in person yet.

Yeah, that likely explains it.

It’s hard to describe the HDR performance on the mini led iPad unless one actually views a few movies or episodes.
E.g A panning shot of the sun actually makes you wince like it would in real life. Combine that with the great Color accuracy and it’s become my go-to video player if I am watching anything alone.

None of the OLED screens I have seen come close .. although I suppose the new Lg GX series should but haven’t seen that in person yet.
Yup. I have the Macbook pro 16" (M1 pro) which has the same spec screen (1600 nits, 2500 dimming zones) and it looks fantastic. Way better than my TV.

I'd mostly go for QD-OLEDs or the LG G2. This screen has ruined me for basic 700-nit OLEDs. Took an audition last weekend and was unimpressed with the C1 and G1.

Got a quote for the 65QNED91 from Girias - Rs.1,90,500 plus Rs.12,500 credit card cashback. So effectively Rs.1,78,000.

But they are offering me the 65 C1 for Rs.1,76,000 after all discounts and cashbacks. And they are claiming that screen burn in is covered under warranty, which I am not convinced about.

Though I do understand specific dark/bright room needs, but why would anyone pay more for a miniled than an OLED? Makes no sense to me.

Any idea when the Sony X95K Miniled will be available in India?

Last edited:
Got a quote for the 65QNED91 from Girias - Rs.1,90,500 plus Rs.12,500 credit card cashback. So effectively Rs.1,78,000.

But they are offering me the 65 C1 for Rs.1,76,000 after all discounts and cashbacks. And they are claiming that screen burn in is covered under warranty, which I am not convinced about.

Though I do understand specific dark/bright room needs, but why would anyone pay more for a miniled than an OLED? Makes no sense to me.

Any idea when the Sony X95K Miniled will be available in India?
Last I checked in the warranty it will be clearly mentioned screen burn in is not covered and showroom people will tell anything to sell so don’t believe them but read the policies in LG site and conclude. Mini LED tv is also expensive. If you like the mini led more then Oled like many do you can go for it if it’s in your budget. 1.76 for c1 65 is a good price and if you will be watching a lot of movies in a dark room it will be the best choice.

1.76 for c1 65 is a good price and if you will be watching a lot of movies in a dark room it will be the best choice.
Thanks. The problem is that my living room is anything but dark. Gets very bright during the day so OLED won't suit my use case. But I have multiple dealers trying to reason with me on how OLED is the best and no other tech can beat it.

"Saar, please come to our showroom once, it's so bright in here that you cannot imagine. Just give us one opportunity to show you how the C1 tackles all this brightness".

Thanks. The problem is that my living room is anything but dark. Gets very bright during the day so OLED won't suit my use case. But I have multiple dealers trying to reason with me on how OLED is the best and no other tech can beat it.

"Saar, please come to our showroom once, it's so bright in here that you cannot imagine. Just give us one opportunity to show you how the C1 tackles all this brightness".
Yes it is indeed bright enough for any rooms and do note there are many who use oled's in bright rooms and use Tv's that are less brighter then oled in a bright environment. I am not pursuing you to go oled. Just like the dealer said go to the showroom and check side by side. Go during the day time with some demo videos and compare them. You can also check sony and samsung Led tv's. End of the day its you who should decide. If you don't have reflection points then the bright room wont be an issue. Have a look at what i am talking about in the below thread. Bright room but the tv brightness is good enough. But look at the reflections this is a real deal breaker for me and hence i always advice to go oled in a dark environment.

Has anyone bought this TV?

how close is it to qn90a considering that also gets the ads panel in India?

From all the reviews I've seen of this TV and qn90a, the only drawback to this seems to be the lower brightness.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back