LG vs Sony OLEDs

LG CX is sold to one customer for Rs.2,27,000 today and I get it for Rs.190000. In Sony it is fixed and they don't give room to even negotiate and bargain.

Congratulations on your new LG CX 65. You made the correct decision, the discount is good and the upcoming LG C1 is not any better ,only the more expensive G1 will be using the new panel tech.

You need not worry about 77 inch TV too, after some years you can replace your hall tv with 83 inch oled. Anyway you have spent 4 lakhs on two TVs within a few months. Now, time to enjoy the viewing experience instead of nitpicking and thinking about every small thing.

Maybe a few weeks break from TV related online forums will also be good. Just relax and enjoy the OLED experience.

A lot of penny pinched savings into a couple of TV's in less than 5 months!! Yes I know what you mean. Yes I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. What OLED is all about - the final frontier in TV technology that eluded me. Just one question though. Should i go for 4th and 5th year warranty for Rs. 17500?

A lot of penny pinched savings into a couple of TV's in less than 5 months!! Yes I know what you mean. Yes I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride. What OLED is all about - the final frontier in TV technology that eluded me. Just one question though. Should i go for 4th and 5th year warranty for Rs. 17500?
Yes, if it is a comprehensive warranty. That is a good deal.

Is it LG warranty or croma warranty? I do not have any experience with croma warranty, maybe if somone has used croma warranty services can give some feedback as we never know how third party service will behave if a problem crops up.

Is it LG warranty or croma warranty? I do not have any experience with croma warranty, maybe if somone has used croma warranty services can give some feedback as we never know how third party service will behave if a problem crops up.
It is a Croma warranty which is comprehensive and only LG engineers will attend the faults. No coverage for personal damages like if TV falls down or something. It covers burn ins, panel and circuitry faults. LG offers it for 28k but Croma offers it for Rs. 17500.

Well I had taken the croma warranty for my plasma tv but no issues occurred in the period so just some insurance paid.

LG CX is sold to one customer for Rs.2,27,000 today and I get it for Rs.190000. In Sony it is fixed and they don't give room to even negotiate and bargain.
Congrats on your Oled. Its a lovely technology & i m sure you will enjoy it for the years to come.

I still get wowed even today by my 4year old LG B6 Oled, just want a bigger screen really otherwise still happy with the picture quality.

Enjoy!!!

Congrats on your Oled. Its a lovely technology & i m sure you will enjoy it for the years to come.

I still get wowed even today by my 4year old LG B6 Oled, just want a bigger screen really otherwise still happy with the picture quality.

Enjoy!!!
Actually I have just so far given a token advance to freeze this price. The billing will be completed on 5th April as I have a lot of work pending due to financial year end and I have told them I still haven't decided on 4th and 5th year warranty offer for 17.5k extra and I have time till 5th to decide on extended warranty.
Lightgamer - is it a good choice to opt for that as you reckon TVs always get problems only initially.

Actually I have just so far given a token advance to freeze this price. The billing will be completed on 5th April as I have a lot of work pending due to financial year end and I have told them I still haven't decided on 4th and 5th year warranty offer for 17.5k extra and I have time till 5th to decide on extended warranty.
Lightgamer - is it a good choice to opt for that as you reckon TVs always get problems only initially.
Well if you plan to keep the TV for that long then i would say go for it. When i bought my LG B6 in 2017 the extended warranty for 3-5 years was crazy expensive so decided not to take it. For 17.5k i would have taken it for peace of mind for sure.

Well if you plan to keep the TV for that long then i would say go for it. When i bought my LG B6 in 2017 the extended warranty for 3-5 years was crazy expensive so decided not to take it. For 17.5k i would have taken it for peace of mind for sure.
Infact tbh I have to thank you. You were the one who convinced me that 65" OLED is by itself a great upgrade from LCD(LED) as I had a screen size obsession privy to my quest and 77" OLED would have been a wild goose chase. I can continue the systematic investing to spend on my childrens' thread ceremony instead. I am also opting for the 4th and 5th year warranty. Thanks for your inputs.

Last edited:
Has anyone in this forum bought GX? If so how better it is compared to CX? Some say only aesthetically it is different. Don't fire at me folks I am not changing my mind.

Has anyone in this forum bought GX? If so how better it is compared to CX? Some say only aesthetically it is different. Don't fire at me folks I am not changing my mind.
Technically you are right, its just aesthetically different, it was called Gallery Series(GX) but now with the new G series(G1)

It's a different panel all together.

GX has a zero-gap wall mount that looks flush to the wall. It looks like a photo frame with uniform thickness all over. PQ is the exact same as CX.

G1 on the other hand has the new evo panel and has a different panel than C1.

Today the Croma guys are saying extended warranty has been void for the discounted rate of Rs. 17500 and it comes to additional 7k. I said no thank you.

Today the Croma guys are saying extended warranty has been void for the discounted rate of Rs. 17500 and it comes to additional 7k. I said no thank you.
Contact onsitego directly or lg if they can give external extended warranty cover. Croma guys are obstinate as i posted last week too..

Contact onsitego directly or lg if they can give external extended warranty cover. Croma guys are obstinate as i posted last week too..
Let me check and let you know. They are saying the token advance I paid can only freeze TV price not EW price. The onsitego warranty does not say burn in cover, just a price range of tv is given. Don't know if it would hold water to the nature of problem I may face after 3 years time.

Last edited:
Croma sells Onsite Go warranty only correct? That's what they told me last week and it was pricier than same warranty Pai or Girias will sell for. Either ways you get the same support

i have taken the extended warranty from LG but I still think that it may not be needed as 3 years comprehensive are enough. Given a chance i will skip with the step

@Donivlapog Hope you have read it already!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back