LG vs Sony OLEDs

With the room TV yes just 6-7 feet. Swivel mounted at an angular view. That's why I went and checked out the 65" A9G. For it is just about the right size. But again 77" OLED can be mounted and pushed a feet away. For a room TV it is a notch oversized but I do believe it would be a nice theatrical viewing experience. It will be an unclear decision until I get a good deal plus I reach that target in savings. And it is nothing urgent. Just a distant mirage, a figment of a dreamy thing.
Definitely, more so it doesn't suit all the use cases.
For example a much larger screen than recommended would involve more eye/ neck movement and thus impact our ability to see what's happening on the screen at any given point of time. That's also why most professional gamers prefer smaller screens

For example a much larger screen than recommended would involve more eye/ neck movement and thus impact our ability to see what's happening on the screen at any given point of time. That's also why most professional gamers prefer smaller screens
So 65" should be the best fit then which I already have. Then maybe I will drop the idea of a super large OLED dream. I was thinking when nature related 4k content when played might be a relishing sight - all those pristine Thai beaches and blue lagoons, ever green Amazon Forrest covers, vast expanse of desert dunes with shining golden soil, snow-capped mountains and other discovery channel and national geographic content when played by a 77" self illuminating screen, would be magical and is worth every penny for people like us. The super rich would flaunt monies in sea facing villas, yacht, private jets and what not but I was content in a brilliant display of visual experience sitting at home having an ultimate high end TV that caters to that.

So 65" should be the best fit then which I already have. Then maybe I will drop the idea of a super large OLED dream. I was thinking when nature related 4k content when played might be a relishing sight - all those pristine Thai beaches and blue lagoons, ever green Amazon Forrest covers, vast expanse of desert dunes with shining golden soil, snow-capped mountains and other discovery channel and national geographic content when played by a 77" self illuminating screen, would be magical and is worth every penny for people like us. The super rich would flaunt monies in sea facing villas, yacht, private jets and what not but I was content in a brilliant display of visual experience sitting at home having an ultimate high end TV that caters to that.
I also think for your viewing distance 65" would be the best option. 77" will only give you eye strain from 6-7 feet. If you're going to pull back the viewing distance for the 77" screen, then it would look the exact same as a 65" screen from nearer.

I don't see the point of a 77" screen unless you're viewing from at least 8 feet, especially considering how pricey they are here.

Trust me even a 65" Oled is a huge upgrade from a 65" led tv. I had a 55" led tv before i upgraded to the LG Oled B6 around 4 years back.

The difference was big, specially in movies..

How is your LG B6 shaping up?
Still rock solid touch wood. Just want a 65" oled now as an upgrade.

Otherwise very happy with the picture output even today. A friend bought the Sony 55 X80 recently & i know its a mid range led but still feel my old 55 B6 oled blows it away in picture quality. I guess Oled is Oled, no matter what an led does to catch up, you just can't compare the 2 techs.

Still rock solid touch wood. Just want a 65" oled now as an upgrade.

Otherwise very happy with the picture output even today. A friend bought the Sony 55 X80 recently & i know its a mid range led but still feel my old 55 B6 oled blows it away in picture quality. I guess Oled is Oled, no matter what an led does to catch up, you just can't compare the 2 techs.
Sony A8G 65" sells for 2.06 lakhs online. But it has X1 extreme processor (not X1 ultimate).

I believe you can get the A8H for around 2.2-2.3 lakhs, no? I don't see any other OLED from Sony as worth it as the A8H effectively matches the A9G in PQ.
A8G does not support eARC which is the only drawback. Just HDMI ARC but in many parameters is better than A9g as per rtings at is priced at 2.06-2.08 online. That's LG CX price with better shadow details than LG CX. Yes A8H is another option. But I am not able to see a 2.2-2.3 lakhs deal. It is hovering at 2.6!

I think it is better to wait for C1 than to go for the current inventory of 2019&20 TV's yet in stock.
Well i have no choice anyways, as the A90J will launch in India in July the earliest & then only the A90G will go for a better price.

The LG C1 will be available by then & plus the reviews will be all over the net by then.

Tbh Sony is a sheer show off brand wrt OLED. LG is better in terms of value for money. Let's say you get yourself a smart bargain for a LG CX 65 at about 1.9 lakhs which many forumers were able to get, you only get a Sony A8G for near that price which is a 2019 product. A8H and A9G would cost you about 70k more than the LG CX or even slightly more than GX which is not preferred by many. So a no brainer of choosing a CX over GX applies as a similar logic in CX vs A9G or A8H. A8G is VFM but it's processor ain't X1 ultimate to give it a nod plus it is 2019 lineup. LG is perhaps selling their OLED panels at a huge price to Sony for such a constant arbitrage between their lineups.

Last edited:
Well i have no choice anyways, as the A90J will launch in India in July the earliest & then only the A90G will go for a better price.

The LG C1 will be available by then & plus the reviews will be all over the net by then.
I'm also looking at the C1/G1/A90J 65" this year. But the pricing is going to be pretty bad till Diwali rolls around. The C1 seems to be 15-20% cheaper over the world compared to CX so I expect the Diwali pricing after cashback to be around 1.3-1.4 lakhs for the 65" model.

On the other hand, if you buy around July you'll probably be asked around 2 lakhs for the same.

Ok around Diwali 2021, C1 at a group buy price across the country we could plan a dedicated thread.

I'm also looking at the C1/G1/A90J 65" this year. But the pricing is going to be pretty bad till Diwali rolls around. The C1 seems to be 15-20% cheaper over the world compared to CX so I expect the Diwali pricing after cashback to be around 1.3-1.4 lakhs for the 65" model.

On the other hand, if you buy around July you'll probably be asked around 2 lakhs for the same.
I agree on that, the C1 will be super priced by Diwali for sure, it will be the cheapest LG 65" oled India has seen.
Will be very interesting what the prices will be & the best year to buy or upgrade to an oled this year for sure.

Trust me even a 65" Oled is a huge upgrade from a 65" led tv. I had a 55" led tv before i upgraded to the LG Oled B6 around 4 years back.

The difference was big, specially in movies..
Can an OLED be of a difference watching sub full HD TV series as a hall TV in nights? My wife, mother and dad are currently watching these things in a hall 75" 8000H and they are happy with the quality of picture. Will a 65" OLED replace their fun?

Can an OLED be of a difference watching sub full HD TV series as a hall TV in nights? My wife, mother and dad are currently watching these things in a hall 75" 8000H and they are happy with the quality of picture. Will a 65" OLED replace their fun?
From what i read the Sony Oleds are best in upscaling. So i don't see why not..

... just my opinion here.
Large Screens will always give you a sense of immersion ( think of mini VR ) , higher resolution - still better. OLED large screen still better.
the moment you scale down a bit on any parameters (size, quality,etc ) you loose THAT part of the fun.

A good quality panels will be like a natural window , one can loose the sense of surroundings , being transparent , being there.

Note: been a enthusiast in gaming ( for almost 10/15 years - usually for Rich Stories- Story mode/Easy mode :) ) larger screen/higher resolution felt more at home ( especially on Strategies ), for FPS(firstPersonShooter) prefer to look for hardware that can pump out more FPS(frames/sec ). Sitting/viewing distance can always be adjusted to a comfortable position considering the size.

From what i read the Sony Oleds are best in upscaling. So i don't see why not..
My hall Sony 75" TV got repaired within 1 month of its purchase and I was given the option of exchanging it off for either
1) a further 90k for a Sony A8H 65" OLED
2) a further 2.2L for a 75" 9500H FALD

Or to just keep this after repairing the panel. I chose the third option. These exchanges during service center transactions would be considered at maximum retail prices of Sony and not on a dealer's price. My curiosity with FALD and OLED was huge but I felt for predominantly TV serial watching, this current size and resolution is more than a mouthful. I was this close in closing out an OLED (65") but many said bigger sized screen trumps PQ for standard definition content.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back