LG's ultra short Throw Projector

Alok012098

Hi,

I have zeroed on LG PF1000U projector for my home theater. As this model is not available in India I can't take any demo. So I have two requests here
1. Is any fellow member having any experience of this projector and can share his opinion on the same.

2. Also looking for a suitable screen for the same .. So any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
-Alok

Hi,

I have zeroed on LG PF1000U projector for my home theater. As this model is not available in India I can't take any demo. So I have two requests here
1. Is any fellow member having any experience of this projector and can share his opinion on the same.

2. Also looking for a suitable screen for the same .. So any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
-Alok
Please go through PF1000 reviews before buying the same. The projector suffers from proper focusing, edge sharpness and memory problems (I.e. in some cases if you save some settings, you might have to start all over again if you restart the pj).

One more thing, this pj offers around 800 lumens. So unless you have a bat cave, the image might get washed out. And for 3d 800 lumens is on the lower side. If you want only 2d, you might check pf1500 as well.

For LG PJs you might keep an eye on Fry's electronics store deals.

So please do some more research before investing.

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

As noted by Saikat da the PF1500 will be a better choice, more lumens and better feedback. If Ultra short throw is not an absolute necessity then you should consider this one, cheaper and highly regarded.

Hi

Best screens manufactured in India are MILAN...based on budget, choose the appropriate size and type.

Please go through PF1000 reviews before buying the same. The projector suffers from proper focusing, edge sharpness and memory problems (I.e. in some cases if you save some settings, you might have to start all over again if you restart the pj).

One more thing, this pj offers around 800 lumens. So unless you have a bat cave, the image might get washed out. And for 3d 800 lumens is on the lower side. If you want only 2d, you might check pf1500 as well.

For LG PJs you might keep an eye on Fry's electronics store deals.

So please do some more research before investing.

Thanks for your response .. On focus I do see some folks complained about it .. but several reviews don't talk on it .. Thanks for the info on Fry's electronics store deal .. will check it out ..

As noted by Saikat da the PF1500 will be a better choice, more lumens and better feedback. If Ultra short throw is not an absolute necessity then you should consider this one, cheaper and highly regarded.

Thanks .. But I don't have a choice .. I can have only Ultra short throw projector in my setup ..

If throw distance is an issue, you might check benq 1080st/1085st/2150st as well.

Hello Saikat,

Not to go off topic,

Can you throw some light on projectors like these, why they are so cheap and what are the pros and cons?

Buy Egate I9 Projector 1500 Lumens + Free Universal Projector Screen 6 X 4 Feet Online at Best Price in India on Naaptol.com

Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

The OP PJ in discussion is abt $1,000 +..

We have a thread to discuss abt these projectors you are considering here - http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...-projector-avail-india-discussion-thread.html

I was looking for this thread url only. Thanks @elangoas for posting the same. :)

Check if it has ceiling mount option, I.e can you invert the image ?

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk

Instead of LG UST, try considering OPtoma 5500 UST that was released in aug 2016. i think it cost 1300$. initially too i had plans for the LG pf1000u, but then for almost similar price we can get a better one. Hence hooked on to Optoma 5500 UST.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back