Links of interest for prospective DIY subwoofers builders

GeorgeO,
Great links for the diyers , driver availability in india is an issue, i feel wasting 100% more(cost becomes 200%) for customs and shipping for a driver is not worth ..

1 eminence Lab driver is available but way too big one..

One more for any DIY project:

Fasteners - Full line of fasteners, screws, nails, bolts, & other specialty fasteners - McFeely's

This type of T nut, used even in conjunction with an Allen screw, is in my view a good approach. I believe this is now available in near SP Road, Bangalore-if so it is a great convenience.For those who havent used these yet, they are strongly recommended.

Hi George, trust you had a good trip back. One note on the T-Nut if you are very close to the edge of the MDF these are not such a great idea in which case you are better off with threaded inserts.

Hi george,

What about the PJ screen you brought from USA, any issues with that,,, Have you installed it..

Regards

Thanks to Murali, who advised me on how to pack it-to place some material like newspapers as an interleaf while folding it, I was able to bring it across with no folds on it at all. It is now rolled up and awaiting installation. Hopefuly in the next few weeks. I plan to contact Santosh and check out his HT room soon.

Instead of creating another thread adding the Spiral Horn link here :
building vertical spiral horn with full-range driver

v100.gif

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back