Little Steps forward to fulfill dreamed HT Setup - Need Suggestions!!!

NewBee2020

Hello All,

Glad i am able to find a right forum and become a member to this wonderful site!!
Learning a lot about audio and video aspects from the right enthusiasts.
Let me Introduce myself.My name is Ali and i live in Bangalore.
I have a dream to build a Home theater right from my college days when i was introduced to the same thru my brother.
He used to have a entry level Edifier 5.1 HT which blew my mind with the surround sound experience when he played a DVD.
I am fortunate enough to construct a dedicated room at my terrace(Unfortunately sitting idle from last 2 years:().
Now i am taking little steps to fulfill the dream.

Below is my requirement and options i shortlisted based on my budget.

Room Dimensions : 20ft(L)x12.5ft(W)x9ft(D) : Attached the room plan as well.Did a separate internal wiring for the speaker setup during construction.
Budget - 2.5 Lacs (1.5 for Audio & 1 for Video).
Preference: Movies - 60(Blue-ray/Streaming Source:Xbox One S) ,Music - 40.

Audio:(Want to start with 5.1.2 Setup and then upgrate to 7.1.2 Later)

AVR: Denon x1600h - Priced :67K
TAGA Harmony TAV-606 SE Speaker Package 5.0(rave reviews from FMs to start with):36K - Need help to audition the same in Bangalore
Polk RC60i in ceiling : 16K ( for ATMOS)
SUB:Couldn't Figure out (as per the suggestions from FMs the front towers give a deep bass)

Note: Prices mentioned above i got them from various online sellers(Will check with the dealers during the finalization).

Video:

Projector(Full HD): Epson EH-TW5650/Optoma wu 334 - 80-90K(4k Projectors cost are upwards 1.4L)
Screen: I want to go for a little frame or frame less screen(Please suggest)

If budget permits,I wanted to do the basic acoustics for home theater.Kindly suggest on the same as well.
Let me know if i have missed any important things in the HT setup.
Apologies for the long write up and excuse my language as this is my first write up in any forum till date.
Appreciate your patience and response.

Regards,
Ali

Media Room Plan.JPG

Last edited:
Good to have you here mate. Congrats on taking the first steps to build your man cave. You already have a great space to realize your dream.

Denon 1600h is only a 7.2 receiver, so it can only do 5.1.2 at max. You will need to upgrade the receiver to atleast 3600h for a 7.1.2 setup.

If you are okay with 5.1.2, then 1600h is fine. It shod be around 48k though (try with jamsticks).

For that room size, go with Taga 806 series at the very least as they are more powerful than 606Se.

For sub, depending on your budget, you can get hts12 (go for 10/12 inch for that room size), bic F12, QB12 etc.

Rest, other members can guide better.

Good to have you here mate. Congrats on taking the first steps to build your man cave. You already have a great space to realize your dream.

Denon 1600h is only a 7.2 receiver, so it can only do 5.1.2 at max. You will need to upgrade the receiver to atleast 3600h for a 7.1.2 setup.

If you are okay with 5.1.2, then 1600h is fine. It shod be around 48k though (try with jamsticks).

For that room size, go with Taga 806 series at the very least as they are more powerful than 606Se.

For sub, depending on your budget, you can get hts12 (go for 10/12 inch for that room size), bic F12, QB12 etc.

Rest, other members can guide better.
Thanks a lot for the reply,I will audition the Taga 806 Series.Any Idea how much it would cost approx?

Hello All,

Glad i am able to find a right forum and become a member to this wonderful site!!
Learning a lot about audio and video aspects from the right enthusiasts.
Let me Introduce myself.My name is Ali and i live in Bangalore.
I have a dream to build a Home theater right from my college days when i was introduced to the same thru my brother.
He used to have a entry level Edifier 5.1 HT which blew my mind with the surround sound experience when he played a DVD.
I am fortunate enough to construct a dedicated room at my terrace(Unfortunately sitting idle from last 2 years:().
Now i am taking little steps to fulfill the dream.

Below is my requirement and options i shortlisted based on my budget.

Room Dimensions : 20ft(L)x12.5ft(W)x9ft(D) : Attached the room plan as well.Did a separate internal wiring for the speaker setup during construction.
Budget - 2.5 Lacs (1.5 for Audio & 1 for Video).
Preference: Movies - 60(Blue-ray/Streaming Source:Xbox One S) ,Music - 40.

Audio:(Want to start with 5.1.2 Setup and then upgrate to 7.1.2 Later)

AVR: Denon x1600h - Priced :67K
TAGA Harmony TAV-606 SE Speaker Package 5.0(rave reviews from FMs to start with):36K - Need help to audition the same in Bangalore
Polk RC60i in ceiling : 16K ( for ATMOS)
SUB:Couldn't Figure out (as per the suggestions from FMs the front towers give a deep bass)

Note: Prices mentioned above i got them from various online sellers(Will check with the dealers during the finalization).

Video:

Projector(Full HD): Epson EH-TW5650/Optoma wu 334 - 80-90K(4k Projectors cost are upwards 1.4L)
Screen: I want to go for a little frame or frame less screen(Please suggest)

If budget permits,I wanted to do the basic acoustics for home theater.Kindly suggest on the same as well.
Let me know if i have missed any important things in the HT setup.
Apologies for the long write up and excuse my language as this is my first write up in any forum till date.
Appreciate your patience and response.

Regards,
Ali

View attachment 50210

Hi,

There are a few things to be considered before you go ahead , I would suggest to take your audio budget up by the required amount if possible. This is to ensure you have a more future proof setup in terms of the AVR and a decent speaker setup good enough to fill your room size. I would suggest the below if you have a flexible budget
i) AVR - Denon X3600h which supports upto 11.2 in processing. Pre outs give the flexibility to add power amplifiers which I feel you may feel the need for in a room that size in the future ( apart from other PA benefits). This should cost you around 86k, but you would need to act fast since newer model is in town and the stocks for 3600h are not being replenished
ii) Front LCR & Surround - The LCR form the Crux of your HT system and since you are inclined towards music a good front LR will guarantee that as well. I would recommend the Qacoustics 3050i (67k)along with the 3090i/Concept center ( 18k/28k respectively). The surrounds can be 3020i/3010i ( about 25k/20k). The 3050i sound amazing for the price you pay for both movies and music and are easy to drive as well.
iii) Atmos - I am.not too familiar with the differences across the line here but have seen Polk owm3 being recommended the most. Let's assume price to be around 16k

This totals to around 2.0L ( can be had for little less on bargaining) and is a very good HT/Music setup which will serve you for a good time to come. You can save up for a sub in future and invest atleast in a PB1000/XTZ 10.17 edge , you can the used route if budget is a constraint. Till then the 3050i would suffice your needs as for a room that big any other sub ranging below recommended subs might not really cut it ( ideally would need 2 of the mentioned subs or higher)

If you are on a fixed budget , you can stick to the speakers you have shortlisted and would suggest Marantz SR5013/5014 , am a sucker for preout especially after making the mistake of buying one without the capability and clearly noticing the difference a PA made to the setup you would miss out on eARC and few other things in terms of features but would not concern you much since you would be connecting a Projector to the AVR and all other sources to the AVR.

Last edited:
If there is a false ceiling, fill it up with as much rockwool/ecose slabs as you can afford, minimum 2inch thick. More will be ideal.
Minimize glass windows, shelves in the room. Plan to have rockwool/ecose filled panels behind the couches (on the wall). Have as many panels with dense foam covered with acoustic cloth as possible. You may want to talk to one of the acoustic service providers (Aural, MMT etc).

Make wiring and space provision for dual subs, rather than just one.

Hi,

There are a few things to be considered before you go ahead , I would suggest to take your audio budget up by the required amount if possible. This is to ensure you have a more future proof setup in terms of the AVR and a decent speaker setup good enough to fill your room size. I would suggest the below if you have a flexible budget
i) AVR - Denon X3600h which supports upto 11.2 in processing. Pre outs give the flexibility to add power amplifiers which I feel you may feel the need for in a room that size in the future ( apart from other PA benefits). This should cost you around 86k, but you would need to act fast since newer model is in town and the stocks for 3600h are not being replenished
ii) Front LCR & Surround - The LCR form the Crux of your HT system and since you are inclined towards music a good front LR will guarantee that as well. I would recommend the Qacoustics 3050i (67k)along with the 3090i/Concept center ( 18k/28k respectively). The surrounds can be 3020i/3010i ( about 25k/20k). The 3050i sound amazing for the price you pay for both movies and music and are easy to drive as well.
iii) Atmos - I am.not too familiar with the differences across the line here but have seen Polk owm3 being recommended the most. Let's assume price to be around 16k

This totals to around 2.0L ( can be had for little less on bargaining) and is a very good HT/Music setup which will serve you for a good time to come. You can save up for a sub in future and invest atleast in a PB1000/XTZ 10.17 edge , you can the used route if budget is a constraint. Till then the 3050i would suffice your needs as for a room that big any other sub ranging below recommended subs might not really cut it ( ideally would need 2 of the mentioned subs or higher)

If you are on a fixed budget , you can stick to the speakers you have shortlisted and would suggest Marantz SR5013/5014 , am a sucker for preout especially after making the mistake of buying one without the capability and clearly noticing the difference a PA made to the setup you would miss out on eARC and few other things in terms of features but would not concern you much since you would be connecting a Projector to the AVR and all other sources to the AVR.
Thanks for the detailed reply...I really Appreciate your patience..I agree with you being a bit flexible on the budget to future proof.Can you Please let me know where i can audition the setup in bangalore(Jamstick) or any other place?.I am planning to utilize this long weekend to finalize as much as i can and will update my experience as well.

If there is a false ceiling, fill it up with as much rockwool/ecose slabs as you can afford, minimum 2inch thick. More will be ideal.
Minimize glass windows, shelves in the room. Plan to have rockwool/ecose filled panels behind the couches (on the wall). Have as many panels with dense foam covered with acoustic cloth as possible. You may want to talk to one of the acoustic service providers (Aural, MMT etc).

Make wiring and space provision for dual subs, rather than just one.
Thanks for the reply! I haven't got the false ceiling done yet will talk to and check with service providers for costing and provisioning.
Unfortunately i have big window(7ft(w)x2ft(h)) which couldn't be avoided for the building elevation purpose and planning to close them with blackout covers(Will that effect the soundstage in the room?).
Luckily i got enough power provisions and internal wiring points done in the room.
One more question i have is regarding the echo in the room,my room ceiling height is 9 ft and after the false ceiling it will be down 6-8 inches.Do i need to consider anything in that aspect?

You can refer to post #69 on this thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/ht-upgrade-recommendations.80392/page-4

Had compiled a list of places to audition in Bangalore, missing in the list is Modern World , Domlur where you can audition Elacs/QAcoustics 3050i/Concept 40. Regardless of your budget go audition most of the speakers (other than Kef Q950/Aria 926 most of them are less than 1 L for the fronts ), if you feel something to be very good and 20-25% over your planned amount I would say go for it.

Last edited:
One more question i have is regarding the echo in the room,my room ceiling height is 9 ft and after the false ceiling it will be down 6-8 inches.Do i need to consider anything in that aspect?
If you fill the false ceiling and also have foam panels on the walls, it should take care of the echos and reflections as well. Any fine tuning can be done once everything is in place.

You can consider Marantz SR501* series as you are going to use 40% of usage for music.
The Most important things I have been learning from this and other forums in any HT or Stereo setup are as follow:
1) Room 2) Source (Bluray) 3) AV Receiver (Processor/Amplifier) 4) Speaker 5) Cables.

One more important thing to consider is Synergy between your Receiver and Speaker.
The Synergy will make lot of difference.

Thanks a lot to each and every one for the suggestion and reply. I have visited Modern world and profx here in Bangalore and auditioned Q Acoustics 3050 and Polk S55,kef.Planning to visit jamsticks to audition Taga Harmony and pioneer Andrew Jones f52.

@NewBee2020 have you finalized any setup? My audio budget is exactly same as yours (1.5L). Since you have been to multiple places and auditioned many brands, so your inputs will help me too.

@ Pratysuh, I am building my HT in phases for now due to budget constraints.Below are the purchase's done till date.
AVR:Yamaha Rx v585.
Front L/R: IndiqAudio Platinum Anchals(One of the best Towers i have auditioned till date for both movies and music).
With the above purchase i am set for a 2.0 setup which i will be running for some time.
I will be adding a Center very soon from IndiqAudio. With the above i will be completing my phase 1 of HT Setup.
Phase 2 will be adding surrounds and subwoofer(mostly a 12inch ported considering my room size(20x12.5).
Phase 3 will be on acoustics and upgrading my AVR to support 7.1.2 along with an 4k projector(for now i will be using my old tv).
Last but not the least i will add a PowerAmplifier to my setup for stereo listening.
Note:There are lots of useful threads in HFV which will guide you to right path with FM's having an immense experience and willing to help people to fulfill their HT Dreams.
Let me know if i could help you with any more details.All the best for your search.

@ Pratysuh, I am building my HT in phases for now due to budget constraints.Below are the purchase's done till date.
Front L/R: IndiqAudio Platinum Anchals(One of the best Towers i have auditioned till date for both movies and music).
With the above purchase i am set for a 2.0 setup which i will be running for some time.
I will be adding a Center very soon from IndiqAudio. With the above i will be completing my phase 1 of HT Setup.
Phase 2 will be adding surrounds and subwoofer(mostly a 12inch ported considering my room size(20x12.5).
Phase 3 will be on acoustics and upgrading my AVR to support 7.1.2 along with an 4k projector(for now i will be using my old tv).
Last but not the least i will add a PowerAmplifier to my setup for stereo listening.
Note:There are lots of useful threads in HFV which will guide you to right path with FM's having an immense experience and willing to help people to fulfill their HT Dreams.
Let me know if i could help you with any more details.All the best for your search.
Thank you Sir. I will be traveling from Jaipur to Blore this week and will take time out to audition speakers. I have been hearing very good reviews about indiqaudio through multiple posts on this forum.

Hey man, I'm planning a very similar HT setup in a few months when(and if) things go back to normal. Not decided on AVR yet, but thinking of Platinum Achals + Akaar centre. Did you feel like they're a bit overkill for a surround setup? Each has a 10" subwoofer which will likely be unused since you will get a better sub anyway.

I wish they made Achals without the 10" subs. That would save a lot on the cost and sound the exact same(??).

Thank you Sir. I will be traveling from Jaipur to Blore this week and will take time out to audition speakers. I have been hearing very good reviews about indiqaudio through multiple posts on this forum.
Great... Main thing about Indiqaudio is their approach towards customer...Do call up Amit and book an appointment... He is very accommodating and will not push the customer,listens patiently about our requirement..One more thing about the audition i had is not a controlled environment..It was his apartment living room the same way as ours.All the best

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back