LM3886 AMP by carlos FM

neeraj

Hi, :)

I am willing to make a LM3886 DIY amp.
Finalized this schematic & made a DIY pcb on Express PCB .
Expert advice is needed.

Attachments

• CFM NI LM3886_V4.jpg
    CFM NI LM3886_V4.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 297
  • schematic-psu.jpg
    schematic-psu.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 286
  • LM AMP.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 90
From the title, it appears that the Amp is designed by one Mr. Carlos FM. Is it so?

One of our forum members Linuxguru has modified a design made by one Mr. Mauro Penasa and offering kits. You may like to go through an exhaustive thread on the above.

I have made a stereo amp and it sounds very good.

From the title, it appears that the Amp is designed by one Mr. Carlos FM. Is it so?

One of our forum members Linuxguru has modified a design made by one Mr. Mauro Penasa and offering kits. You may like to go through an exhaustive thread on the above.

I have made a stereo amp and it sounds very good.

Hi Captrajesh,
Yes its designed by Carlos F Machdo of DIY AUDIO.COM.
Its very similar to PCB offered by CHIPAMP.COM

Both are very different circuits. Thats why i have chosen the simplest one:)

Check out Mauro's MyRef Rev C circuit, also posted on diyAudio in 2005. The higher complexity (compared to a basic gainclone) is well worth the effort, as the sonics are very different from a typical gainclone, and enter into high-end audiophile territory. I have bare PCBs (Version 1.3 and now Version 1.4 also, both of which are upgraded versions of the Twisted Pear Version 1.2 PCBs designed by Russ White in 2006), as well as kits for all the PCB versions - please PM me if there's any interest.

I am interested in two PCB are they available now. Have started loving the gainclone sound. Are kits available too.

Neeraj,

Go for it. I've tried the 'Carlos' design a few years back and it sounds great. Still powers my active system. There are limits to what is can do w.r.t power but it does that really well. No turn-on thump.

I tried both the regulated and ordinary p.s. My ears couldn't tell the difference.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back