• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Logitech Z906 Dead - No Warranty - What to Do

Rega

gurujee

Due to recent voltage fluctuation my 3 year old z906 5.1 multimedia speaker system made a sound and dead - not powering on.

Logitech customer support emailed
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have with the device; based on the information youve provided, weve determined that your product is defective. Unfortunately, Logitech does not have repair program.

You can try to go to any local repair shop to check the speakers.

As all of you are audio experts, can you guess what might be the problem so that I can convey that to local repair man.

What other thing can be done to make it reusable. :sad:

greenhorn

I believe the Z906 has a switch mode PSU. Suppose you can replace it with a linear PSU - something of that size should set you back 5k or so in parts alone, so good luck :D

gurujee

Thank you very much for the great information.

5k is still manageable provided it can be repaired.

AlwyNjOshy

Due to recent voltage fluctuation my 3 year old z906 5.1 multimedia speaker system made a sound and dead - not powering on.

Logitech customer support emailed

As all of you are audio experts, can you guess what might be the problem so that I can convey that to local repair man.

What other thing can be done to make it reusable. :sad:

Hey , What is the status now , have you repaired it or throw it