Logitech Z906 or Edifier C6

SPL

HI guys,
i will buy myself a speaker system soon and i am really confused between logitech Z906 and Edifier C6. My max budget is 15k so cannot buy a proper HT.

logitech Z906
Speaker System Z906

Edifier C6
Surround Sound Speaker System - C6 (HCS5640) | Edifier

I have listed to c6 it sounded sweet but no one have z906 for audition.

My TV (samsung UA32D5000) have a optical out and can play HD movies(from HDD) i dont know if it decodes HD audio or not will it be a good decison to buy z906 at about 15k as it has more power and more connection options.

My room size is 14x10 and i am just buying a 5.1 system for surround sound experience.

Z906 will be better as it has a pair of digital inputs which will be very useful if you upgrade to hd stb, blu-ray player, htpc etc. Most of the current audio/video players have no 5.1 analog outs so the edifier will become useless when you want to connect the optical out of the player or TV to enjoy real surround sound.

Z906 will be better as it has a pair of digital inputs which will be very useful if you upgrade to hd stb, blu-ray player, htpc etc. Most of the current audio/video players have no 5.1 analog outs so the edifier will become useless when you want to connect the optical out of the player or TV to enjoy real surround sound.

The only reason for this thread is no one have z906 for audition. i have a videocon hd stb which have spdif out so z906 looks like the way to go.

not heard edifier but Logitech has a much better track record for making speakers than edifier.

Logitech do make good speaker systems, but having owned and auditioned couple of edifier systems i can say they do sound good.

I own the Logitech Z906 for a while now.I can say its and absolute value for money at that price point.

I also have a stereo system with KefQ700 speakers and NAD amp.When I compare movies Logitech is almost as good as this HifiSetup.

HI guys,
i will buy myself a speaker system soon and i am really confused between logitech Z906 and Edifier C6. My max budget is 15k so cannot buy a proper HT.

logitech Z906
Speaker System Z906

Edifier C6
Surround Sound Speaker System - C6 (HCS5640) | Edifier

I have listed to c6 it sounded sweet but no one have z906 for audition.

My TV (samsung UA32D5000) have a optical out and can play HD movies(from HDD) i dont know if it decodes HD audio or not will it be a good decison to buy z906 at about 15k as it has more power and more connection options.

My room size is 14x10 and i am just buying a 5.1 system for surround sound experience.

Can you tell me which 1 you purchased....am confused between the same Edifier c6 or Logitech z906??

I have z906 as well. I must say, for movies it really sufficient if you not an audio enthusiast.

But I must say, HD-Audio decoding (downmix to dolby digital/dts 5.1) is not good by z906. But with ac3(5.1)codec, DVD and blueray disc(sound decoded by player) z906 is great. perfect separation of sound. I really enjoy it.

Not for OP, but for someone landing to this page from google - I'm using Z5500 for more than 3 yrs. I've seen many people saying its great for the money. But if buy it, please do not use the OPTICAL input. I've connected it with a X-Fi Titanium sound card and it's way better than optical input.

I used to have z5500 which are > z906. But I dont like either. Better get Polk, denon, yamaha HT

i have z5500 as stated above better than z906... and in terms of usage and practicality far better than edifier s550.

you woudn't go long with analog inputs. if strict budget then go for z906 or used HT.

else try to get HTIB.. look for yamaha yht 196. cheapest option. :)

Sorry for not keeping up with the thread.
I choose Edifier C6 over Logitech Z906.

Edifier C6:
PROS
1)Wide range of connectivity
2)Wooden Enclosures
3)Tweeters present in every satellite
4)Solid build

CONS
1)Strictly for small to mid sized rooms as it lacks power.
2)It must be connected to a true 5.1 device to get real 5.1 experience.
3)Center channel could do better with a little more power.(but its not a deal breaker)

I own this system for more then a year now and i am really happy with its performance. Dialogs delivery is crisp. Bass unit will never kick in unnecessarily. I use this with a Samsung Bluray player and i don't miss any details whatsoever.

If you just want good and cheap 5.1 system for movies Edifier C6 is for you.

Logitech Z906
Pros
1)Built in Dts decoder
2)Powerful bass unit
3)Thx certified

Cons
1)No tweeters available
2)Boomy bass
3)Muffled dialog delivery

My friend bought this because he likes a lot of bass. But unlike the C6 it can be used in a large room. We use it for small house parties at about 80% volume:D. Built in decoding is not good 5.1 source is highly recommended. Movies are not as enjoyable as they are on C6 because sometimes Vocals/mids gets a hit in favor of highs.

If you listen to bass heavy music and don't really care about little loss in vocals Logitech Z906 is a great buy.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back