Looking for Active speaker under 10K

kingfisher

Recently got Phd admission in IIT and staying in hostel. In home I have NAD 3020 and Dali Zensor 3 stereo system at home. In hostel room , I am planning to have an active speaker. Right now I have Edifier ED-R1700BT in mind. I like tight bass and detailed sound. I found some refurbished model in flipkart for 10k. Is it advisable to buy refurbished? Since I am depending on stipend , have very tight budget.

Not sure about Flipkart refurbished, however I have never been disappointed by Amazon refurbished. Take a look there too if there is any speaker

MaSh

Recently got Phd admission in IIT and staying in hostel. In home I have NAD 3020 and Dali Zensor 3 stereo system at home. In hostel room , I am planning to have an active speaker. Right now I have Edifier ED-R1700BT in mind. I like tight bass and detailed sound. I found some refurbished model in flipkart for 10k. Is it advisable to buy refurbished? Since I am depending on stipend , have very tight budget.
You can try this one. Local dealer will give you a better price.
Pioneer DM-40-W Pair 4" Active Desktop Monitor Speakers (White) https://amzn.in/d/iJWbIdw

Thanks. But it seems no Bluetooth connectivity.
Actually there's also a Bluetooth version of the same model. Seems it's out of stock on Amazon, but available at many places. You can negotiate for the best price:

One more solid option:
JBL Professional 104-BT Compact Desktop Reference Woofer Monitors with Bluetooth https://amzn.in/d/drcBSj0

Another one with a wireless subwoofer (aux/bluetooth)
All within your budget.

Not sure about Flipkart refurbished, however I have never been disappointed by Amazon refurbished. Take a look there too if there is any speaker

MaSh
I checked but I could not find active speakers in refurbished section
Actually there's also a Bluetooth version of the same model. Seems it's out of stock on Amazon, but available at many places. You can negotiate for the best price:
Its beyond my budget: 27.5K
One more solid option:
JBL Professional 104-BT Compact Desktop Reference Woofer Monitors with Bluetooth https://amzn.in/d/drcBSj0
I guess the bass will be very less. For decent bass we need at least 4" woofer.

The difference between R1700BT and R1700BTs is later one is with bluetooth 5 with aptx. But the problem is both Phone and speaker should support Aptx otherwise it is useless to spend the extra bucks. After seeing the reviews R1700BTs I am more inclined to this one. So willing to buy even a used one from any of our FM if interested.

I believe it was Edifier 1700BT my brother got after seeing amazon reviews. Not nice, very muddy, sounds like mass market speaker. I suggest you go for the best headphone setup you can afford, especially since you might be staying in a campus.

I believe it was Edifier 1700BT my brother got after seeing amazon reviews. Not nice, very muddy, sounds like mass market speaker. I suggest you go for the best headphone setup you can afford, especially since you might be staying in a campus.
Thanks for the reply. I already have Sennheiser PX 100 and Cowon S9. We have separate room so thought of having a speaker wont be a problem. I am planning to use this set up in future for my TV after adding a Sub woofer.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back