Suggestions of Active Bookshelf Speaker and DAC For Desktop

Mainak1988

Hi...i am Looking for an Active Bookshelf Speaker for Desktop.. My Budget is Around 55k..

I was Considering Edifier S3000 Pro but its not available via Amazon or Flipkart.. Therefore Currently I am considering Edifier S2000MKIII or the Q Acoustics M20 HD Wireless Speakers.. Kindly give me suggestions regarding this or if any other suggestion for the Same... My main purpose will be Music..

I am also planning to Get a Topping D30 Pro / SMSL Su-9 / Singxer Sda-2 Advanced dac which i will connect to the Speaker using my PC as a source..

Thanks in advance.

Hi...i am Looking for an Active Bookshelf Speaker for Desktop.. My Budget is Around 55k..

I was Considering Edifier S3000 Pro but its not available via Amazon or Flipkart.. Therefore Currently I am considering Edifier S2000MKIII or the Q Acoustics M20 HD Wireless Speakers.. Kindly give me suggestions regarding this or if any other suggestion for the Same... My main purpose will be Music..

I am also planning to Get a Topping D30 Pro / SMSL Su-9 / Singxer Sda-2 Advanced dac which i will connect to the Speaker using my PC as a source..

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you spend more on the speakers than buy a DAC at this price. You can have the biggest gains in SQ with better speakers than DACs at a similar price. A topping E30 or an Ifi Zen V2 are excellent DACs. The QA M20 HD has a decent DAC, to begin with. Give it a thought!

I would suggest you spend more on the speakers than buy a DAC at this price. You can have the biggest gains in SQ with better speakers than DACs at a similar price. A topping E30 or an Ifi Zen V2 are excellent DACs. The QA M20 HD has a decent DAC, to begin with. Give it a thought!

What active or powered speakers can i get if i extend my budget?

Given you mentioned desktop, my presumption is that you would use them for nearfield listening. Studio monitors are really good for near field but tuning may not be to everyone's liking. Below are really good options if you decide to take studio monitor route:
1. Kali LP6 or LP8 (based on budget)
2. Fluid audio FX 80
3. JBL Nano K8 (cheapest in this lot)
4. Focal alpha 50 (available on Amazon within the budget, alpha evo is latest but the price is higher). Probably only focal in this budget

In conventional multimedia speakers, the models you mentioned are supposed to be good but I haven't heard them. Edifier S3000 is available in Tatacliq if you want to go for them.

One speaker in this category I would strongly ask you to consider is Hivi D1090. I have heard Edifiers in Budget range upto 15k and Hivi D1200 has clear edge over them.

You may also need to consider the space as some of these would be large in size than anticipated.

Given you mentioned desktop, my presumption is that you would use them for nearfield listening. Studio monitors are really good for near field but tuning may not be to everyone's liking. Below are really good options if you decide to take studio monitor route:
1. Kali LP6 or LP8 (based on budget)
2. Fluid audio FX 80
3. JBL Nano K8 (cheapest in this lot)
4. Focal alpha 50 (available on Amazon within the budget, alpha evo is latest but the price is higher). Probably only focal in this budget

In conventional multimedia speakers, the models you mentioned are supposed to be good but I haven't heard them. Edifier S3000 is available in Tatacliq if you want to go for them.

One speaker in this category I would strongly ask you to consider is Hivi D1090. I have heard Edifiers in Budget range upto 15k and Hivi D1200 has clear edge over them.

You may also need to consider the space as some of these would be large in size than anticipated

Yes.. i am intend to listen it for near field purposes.. i dont want to buy from tata cliq for such high amount..

The studio monitors you have mentioned, are those enough to fit a room of 150 sqft? Swans one i have an eye on too but dont know if its better than the s2000mk3 model

For desktop casual music usage, and if you're not mastering, you don't need to spend a lot. Look at the Presonus speakers. You may end up spending a lot less than your budget.

For desktop casual music usage, and if you're not mastering, you don't need to spend a lot. Look at the Presonus speakers. You may end up spending a lot less than your budget.

I am willing to tryout both powered or studio monitor options..i am shifting to speaker setup from iem/hps ..
As long i am satisfied with the music both studio monitors or powered speakers will do..

Thanks in advance.
If you go with the Q Acoustics M20 HD, there's no point adding a DAC to it as the gains are minimal to negligible since the active DSP reprocesses everything.

Does the inbuilt dac part of m20 is comparable to the dacs like topping d30 pro or a akm chip dacs?
A DAC will be limited by the speakers or vice versa (in your specified budget, the speakers will be the limiting factor).

The DAC of the M20 HD, in conjunction with the amplifier and driver component, is the best sound I've heard for the price. But it does not scale when you add better components to it.

A DAC will be limited by the speakers or vice versa (in your specified budget, the speakers will be the limiting factor).

The DAC of the M20 HD, in conjunction with the amplifier and driver component, is the best sound I've heard for the price. But it does not scale when you add better components to it.

I tried a Fiio Q5 dac amp with an Edifier S350DB one .. before i used them on Bluetooth mode .. i have seen some improvement while connecting the q5..

If i exclude the powered speakers..a studio monitor like a HS8 or Presonous E8 EXT will be a better option with an external DAC?

I tried a Fiio Q5 dac amp with an Edifier S350DB one .. before i used them on Bluetooth mode .. i have seen some improvement while connecting the q5..

If i exclude the powered speakers..a studio monitor like a HS8 or Presonous E8 EXT will be a better option with an external DAC?
Amongst all the speakers discussed on this thread, my experience is limited to the M20 HD.

However, from what I have been told by people who've heard both, the Q Acoustics M20 HD, being a traditional hifi speaker, apparently sounds different to studio monitors. Then again, you know what they say about hearsay so i would not place much reliance, if any, on the said opinion.

Last edited:
Amongst all the speakers discussed on this thread, my experience is limited to the M20 HD.

However, from what I have been told by people who've heard both, the Q Acoustics M20 HD, being a traditional hifi speaker, apparently sounds different than studio monitors. Then again, you know what they say about hearsay so i would not place much reliance, if any, on the said opinion.
From what i have read m20 resemble the 3020i model a lot

From what i have read m20 resemble the 3020i model a lot
I can tell you the 3020i is great speaker for the price, if the M20 is so then the whole package is great deal.. one of my friends has the M20 and he is pretty satisfied

I can tell you the 3020i is great speaker for the price, if the M20 is so then the whole package is great deal.. one of my friends has the M20 and he is pretty satisfied
He is using it via the Bluetooth? I am bit worried about the near field listening of m20 since i will place it on desktop..

I am just curious about other inputs of others regarding a powered stereo vs a studio monitors ..

He is using it via the Bluetooth? I am bit worried about the near field listening of m20 since i will place it on desktop..

I am just curious about other inputs of others regarding a powered stereo vs a studio monitors ..
I think he is using it with TV as well as Bluetooth, but that should be in far field situation. not sure about the near field qualities, then better to opt for studio monitors as they are mostly made for near field purpose.
Btw I use the kef egg for near field desktop, it's a pretty good sounding small setup.. If something like this is your need, you can check it up

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back