Looking 50 inch(not more) 4k tv

sujithblaze

Looking for a 50 inch tv not more than that and budget would be upto 65k, have shortlisted tcl c715 , open to other suggestions as well, will be used for watching movies and tata sky hd content,no gaming etc

Looking for a 50 inch tv not more than that and budget would be upto 65k, have shortlisted tcl c715 , open to other suggestions as well, will be used for watching movies and tata sky hd content,no gaming etc
TCL in india tend to be dim though I have not seen this specific model. Flipkart review seem to indicate the same.
Look at Philips 6604 for your requirement if you can live without bluetooth. Hisense U5050 is also getting good reviews but is edge it. There are no FALDs in 50" size that I know of.
Sony 49x7500 is also a good option.

Last edited:
My TCL QLED C715 will be delivered tomorrow, so I will post my review after it. Under 50k budget U7980 is the best but it's not deliverable to every pin codes, so I opted for TCL QLED C715 because it support Wide color gamut while Toshiba U50 does not. BTW according to me This should be your priority U7980 > C715 > U50 under 55k budget, I had researched and saw many reviews so I had shortlisted those 3.

My TCL QLED C715 will be delivered tomorrow, so I will post my review after it. Under 50k budget U7980 is the best but it's not deliverable to every pin codes, so I opted for TCL QLED C715 because it support Wide color gamut while Toshiba U50 does not. BTW according to me This should be your priority U7980 > C715 > U50 under 55k budget, I had researched and saw many reviews so I had shortlisted those 3.
His requirement is 50", not 50K.

TCL in india tend to be dim though I have not seen this specific model. Flipkart review seem to indicate the same.
Look at Philips 6604 for your requirement if you can live without bluetooth. Hisense U5050 is also getting good reviews but is edge it. There are no FALDs in 50" size that I know of.
Sony 49x7500 is also a good option.

The post about dolby vision being dull in the below amazon review,

reflects my experience with one of the TCL TV of the last year (C2US). Dolby vision content was unwatchable in that. I saw the tv at my friend's place and was disappointed.

Anyway, above fm will give a proper review tomorrow.

His requirement is 50", not 50
I know, but I only researched upto 50k budget.
The post about dolby vision being dull in the below amazon review,

reflects my experience with one of the TCL TV of the last year (C2US). Dolby vision content was unwatchable in that. I saw the tv at my friend's place and was disappointed.

Anyway, above fm will give a proper review tomorrow.
Hmm, I will see how Dolby Vision works on my C715 tomorrow and will update here.

Would have gone for 7980 its available at my pincode but the max i will be able to use is a 50inch , x7500h even i looked into it what would you guys say abt 715 vs x7500

Please do, would help a lot, also some hdr nd hdr10+ content if possible
Sure will do
Would have gone for 7980 its available at my pincode but the max i will be able to use is a 50inch , x7500h even i looked into it what would you guys say abt 715 vs x7500
If you are looking to watch lots of HDR content then you should look for three things in TV: Presence of Local dimming (only in u7980 under 60k budget), High Brightness (in nits), and Presence of Wide color gamut. Btw have a look at Samsung Frame tv, many recommended it.

Guys what about lg nanocell 49 inch nano 80 or 81 series the picture quality will it be considerably better than tcl c715 or toshiba u7980, also i would like to get pitch blacks with punchy colours and good brightness and like i said 50 inch is what i am after budget if required can be extended, but only if the pq is that good, also would like hdr10+ and dolby vision support with the usual ott apps

Last edited:
Guys what about lg nanocell 49 inch nano 80 or 81 series the picture quality will it be considerably better than tcl c715 or toshiba u7980, also i would like to get pitch blacks with punchy colours and good brightness and like i said 50 inch is what i am after budget if required can be extended, but only if the pq is that good, also would like hdr10+ and dolby vision support with the usual ott apps

Any LGs or any IPS tvs will not have pitch black at all. (Period). Will not be better than either of c715 or U7980 in the dark. LGs are good only with ambient lighting. The moment you switch of the lights, the blacks will be grey.
You can see the effect in the below video. Wait till the lights are off.

Last edited:
Any LGs or any IPS tvs will not have pitch black at all. (Period). Will not be better than either of c715 or U7980 in the dark. LGs are good only with ambient lighting. The moment you switch of the lights, the blacks will be grey.
You can see the effect in the below video. Wait till the lights are off.

Had seen this video, so i guess its better if i stick to c715 or u7980 ,otherwise i will have to spent aleast 100,000 on a sony x9000 or x9500 g is what you guys are telling me rite

Had seen this video, so i guess its better if i stick to c715 or u7980 ,otherwise i will have to spent aleast 100,000 on a sony x9000 or x9500 g is what you guys are telling me rite
Wait for c715 dolby vision feedback. If they have drastically improved in 1 year, it is worth.
U7980 has no 50".

Also, there is philips 6604. DLED with micro dimming.
International model is 6654. Check for Philips 6654 for international reviews in youtube.

I have the Philips 6604. It’s fantastic value for money. The only problem is Dolby Vision isn’t as good as its with 2-3 times higher priced TVs.

Totally no reviews here. Any review would help.
Especially w.r.t dolby vision content. What is wrong with it?

Totally no reviews here. Any review would help.
Especially w.r.t dolby vision content. What is wrong with it?

I’m not much of a HT guy as you can see from my signature.
However I’ll say that after few tweakings in video settings , the picture quality on 4K content both from Netflix , Prime , Youtube is superlative - it’s 90% of what you’d get in LG OLEDs priced three times as much.There’s dedicated Netflix and YouTube buttons on remote - very thoughtful.

I have also played God of War from my PS4 , and the smoothness is astonishing. It feels like 90fps although technically it’s max 60fps.The blacks are rich and crisp , and corner to corner sharpness is present even in heavy action \ fast movement set pieces.

I have also played few Blu Ray discs from my Sony BDP , and again I can’t find anything to complain - after the tweaks I made.

The downside ?The App Store is non - android and crap. Apart from three apps rest apps are useless.No Hotstar , Zee or anything. (for me it makes no difference).

Also - no Bluetooth (which does not make any difference to me. ) - this might be a downside for many.

The other downside- the Dolby Vision on Narcos series doesn’t look good to me. Too bland, lacking in contrast and sharpness.
I haven’t yet tried other content with Dolby Vision so unsure if its to do with the series or the TV.

Overall - it’s superb value for money I’d say. Philips has made a winner here.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back