Looking 50 inch(not more) 4k tv

Hi, I am a new member and this is my first post. I have purchased 50PUT6604 after reading a lot of your posts. Thank you for suggesting this television. Can you kindly post your display settings for sdr hdr and dolby vision content.?Also is it normal that the tv defaults to hdr personal from cinema if it was not used for 2 days?

Also there is some gap at the top between screen and bezel. Is it normal? Sorry for lots of questions.

I feel this tv is very good for the price. The recessed ports at the back are very difficult to use with some hdmi cables. This is the only problem. If these ports were on the side the tv would have been near perfect.
Hey there seems to be small, black gap on all four sides. I think it is normal to have so..

Yes it’s there for other brands as well. True edge to edge is not yet possible I think.
Is it a recessed gap at the top? At the sides and bottom it is almost flush with the plastic bezel.
I noticed the gap because light was reflecting off the screen edge.I will post a picture tomorrow.

I have firestick 4k connected to this tv. Surprisingly youtube play back is much better in the inbuilt tv app for me. I would have missed this great tv if it were not for your suggestion. Thank you sir/madam.

Hdmi ports at the back are very difficult to use if the cable is not flexible. Stands should have been little bit raised instead of being straight metal pieces.

Look around in different threads, there is one fm who has written a review and is happy.
Philips got the basics right. All TVs are DLED with micro dimming and pixel perfect engine which has superior motion. No edge lit models in india. All tvs also come with very thin bezels created for their ambilight technology to shine.

Philips tv business is acquired by TPVision long back around 2013-2014 and they are producing solely philips tvs with philips picture engines like pixel perfect and p5. Prior to that they were producing only computer monitors (AOC). So it is like continuity of business and not like licensing.

It is not like the acquisition of sharp or toshiba by hisense where in they acquired, stripped down and consumed technologies and improved their own tvs and release toshiba and sharp branded tvs alongside hisense.

Brand licensing is still below in hierarchy. It is like motorola and nokia names licensed for skyworth tvs by flipkart.
A very informative post brother except that the Philips tv are not manufactured in India,not even assembled.I had ordered a 70 inch philips tv and it's an import from China.The screen was broken and I have requested for a replacement is another story.
If all the models are DLED as you had mentioned I would be very happy because the dolby vision,Dolby atmos and HDR present in the cheaper 50 and 58 versions of the same series are absent in the 70 inch models.
They may be 2019 models but were manufactured in 2020.
I also doubt if these online models are listed in the philips India website.I did search and I found only the ambilight models listed and not these.If that be the case the customers may be left in the lurch for spares.
I remember fk selling jvc,blaunpunkt and other big name models and they would disappear after the 1st sales.It may be like import a thousand units from china,sell and disappear.I wish these philips tvs also do not fall in that category as am waiting for the return,replacement of my 70 inch model of philips.

A very informative post brother except that the Philips tv are not manufactured in India,not even assembled.I had ordered a 70 inch philips tv and it's an import from China.The screen was broken and I have requested for a replacement is another story.
If all the models are DLED as you had mentioned I would be very happy because the dolby vision,Dolby atmos and HDR present in the cheaper 50 and 58 versions of the same series are absent in the 70 inch models.
I also doubt if these online models are listed in the philips India website.I did search and I found only the ambilight models listed and not these.If that be the case the customers may be left in the lurch for spares.
I remember fk selling jvc,blaunpunkt and other big name models and they would disappear after the 1st sales.It may be like import a thousand units from china,sell and disappear.I wish these philips tvs also do not fall in that category as am waiting for the return,replacement of my 70 inch model of philips.
Philips do manufacture TVs in India. I have just bought 58 inch Philips TV. It clearly states on the box that the TV is manufactured in India, in their plant based out of AP. Also these models are listed on official Philips India website as well.

Here is the link to the 70PUT6774/94 product page from philips india.

Attaching picture of 58" label from the box. They are manufactured in chitoor, AP.
70" should be an exception.
It is also counter productive to import a 70" tv selling <70k given all the taxes.

When you get the tv, please post the label.

Attachments

• philips.jpg
    philips.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Iam not able to upload the picture saying that its manufactured in China,the file is too large.
It's ok if it's manufactured in China until the spares are available in India which might not happen if it's an import in Toto.
Anyways the tv dispay is broken and Iam waiting for a replacement.

Kindly understand one thing here, you have a power fluctuation issue and some rare dimension screen size from Phillips kind of companies may be a huge caveat emptor. The first impression of broken screen itself is a huge blow and a prelude to things that may happen in the future. I strongly suggest folks not to go for unusual screen sizes whether they are made in India or imported from China or Taiwan or other places as those kind of outlier products cannot be fixed by Indian service centers. If it is 65 or 75 inches atleast you have a similar model in India and you can hope for a repair. I have observed a Panasonic 58" for a bargain price in fk many years back and at that time when 55" was a huge deal they sold a 58 for 60% price. Panasonic being not from the big three many of my friends told me not to buy such an outlier screen dimension. So if you want to walk away from the crowd atleast have a contact of a service technician who can fix unusual dimensions out of warranty period or else don't take that risk. If you know such able technician then go for it or else please don't. As you may have a big sized screen that can't be fixed and will frustrate you. In Chennai in Richie street there are service centers that can fix any TV sets. Still they sometimes show faces when unusual screen sizes are brought to their service centers. I am not saying there may be a problem in the next 3-4 years but if there is one we are doomed. Which is why 55", 65" and 75" are better because there are panels in the market available for replacement for about 30-40% of product cost in such places. These unusual screen sizes may make you wait for replacement spare parts.

It was very unfair on the part of philips to let out dolby vision and atmos from its biggest tv.
Dolby vision may not be missed,Dolby atmos would be.

Kindly understand one thing here, you have a power fluctuation issue and some rare dimension screen size from Phillips kind of companies may be a huge caveat emptor. The first impression of broken screen itself is a huge blow and a prelude to things that may happen in the future. I strongly suggest folks not to go for unusual screen sizes whether they are made in India or imported from China or Taiwan or other places as those kind of outlier products cannot be fixed by Indian service centers. If it is 65 or 75 inches atleast you have a similar model in India and you can hope for a repair. I have observed a Panasonic 58" for a bargain price in fk many years back and at that time when 55" was a huge deal they sold a 58 for 60% price. Panasonic being not from the big three many of my friends told me not to buy such an outlier screen dimension. So if you want to walk away from the crowd atleast have a contact of a service technician who can fix unusual dimensions out of warranty period or else don't take that risk. If you know such able technician then go for it or else please don't. As you may have a big sized screen that can't be fixed and will frustrate you. In Chennai in Richie street there are service centers that can fix any TV sets. Still they sometimes show faces when unusual screen sizes are brought to their service centers. I am not saying there may be a problem in the next 3-4 years but if there is one we are doomed. Which is why 55", 65" and 75" are better because there are panels in the market available for replacement for about 30-40% of product cost in such places. These unusual screen sizes may make you wait for replacement spare parts.
I completely agree with you.
I was thinking about the purchase for more than a week and let it go in the 1st big billion sales when I could have bought it for 1.5 k rs less.
But then I already have a just bought 55 inches lg nanocell tv and this tv would be sparingly used in the bedroom for a maximum of 2 hours a day and mostly for OTT contents and hence I took the risk.
I completely agree with your suggestion and I would advice the same too but if not for a large screen attraction I would have never bought a tv at all.Even in this bedroom I have a 32 inch lg tv which was doing the job
Your advice is very valid though.

I completely agree with you.
I was thinking about the purchase for more than a week and let it go in the 1st big billion sales when I could have bought it for 1.5 k rs less.
But then I already have a just bought 55 inches lg nanocell tv and this tv would be sparingly used in the bedroom for a maximum of 2 hours a day and mostly for OTT contents and hence I took the risk.
I completely agree with your suggestion and I would advice the same too but if not for a large screen attraction I would have never bought a tv at all.Even in this bedroom I have a 32 inch lg tv which was doing the job
Your advice is very valid though.

Update once you get the tv.
I am pretty sure it cannot go wrong for a bedroom.
Use it with stabilizer from day 1.

Update once you get the tv.
I am pretty sure it cannot go wrong for a bedroom.
Use it with stabilizer from day 1.
Sure,would do.
I have just bought a vgaurd stabilizer compatible for upto 75 inches for this purpose.
See how big the crack in the tv that was delivered was.

Attachments

• 20201109_154643_HDR_(2)_(1).jpg
    20201109_154643_HDR_(2)_(1).jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 19
Sure,would do.
I have just bought a vgaurd stabilizer compatible for upto 75 inches for this purpose.
See how big the crack in the tv that was delivered was.

Did technician opened or you did?
This is primary reason to wait for technician.. Lot of cases, they wont agree for replacement if you open yourself.

Edit: Chinese started supporting tamil.. :D

Did technician opened or you did?
This is primary reason to wait for technician.. Lot of cases, they wont agree for replacement if you open yourself.

Edit: Chinese started supporting tamil.. :D
Oh,no
I did not open the box but in giving a positive feedback to the delivery guy,there was this attachment which said that I had an open box delivery which did not happen.Nevertheless the damagae in the screen can be noted only when the unit is switched on.
Yes,even am suprised about the Tamil option.Looks like these last year models are made for India in China to give the yesteryear technology a little more life span but this unit was manufactured in July this year.
Now that the model shows up in philips India website,support and spares should be gaurenteed and that gives peace of mind.

Many Chinese from Mainland China have started learning Tamil. It used to be the case in Singapore, Malaysia peninsular belt where many expat Chinese living there, learnt Tamil but in recent years mainland Chinese have taken up an interest to Tamil. Maybe because of its ancient roots and Bodi Dharman's historic cultural connection!

Have anyone of you bought a Bluetooth transmitter like sec brand available in fk for 600 inr?
I have a jio android box/fibre,it may be possible to use the Bluetooth from jio?but after the first month of free trial am planning to recharge for only rs.399 plus gst when I would not get any ott from jio and hence may require Bluetooth.
This is all after the replacement has arrived of course.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back