Looking for an Entry level receiver

dr.arun

Guys
I have been using a Yamaha YHT 299 since 2016 . And suddenly sound output stopped from it . The probelm occurs intermittently actually . Sometimes it works - LCR channel , sometimes it doesn't . I took it to Yamaha Service and they are saying that the Amplifier board is gone . They are quoting 13800+labour charges for replacement . The receiver costed 33,000 5yrs back :(

1. Anyone knows anything about this ? Any workaround for replacement ?

2. Also If nothing works out I should probably leave the AVR right ? 3. Is spending around 15,000 worth on it ?
Is there anything I can do with it ?

If so I'm planning for an entry level receiver with reasonable specs . Don't want DTS HD or True HD High Res sound support . Simple DD would do I guess . There was one YHT196 with AVR3064 at around 18-20k .
4. Doesn't that kind of basic AVR come now ? I have the NS -P20 5.1 speaker package with me , so just an AVR would do .

5. Some people were saying AVR prices are inflated and should probably wait few months . What's the status now ? Did it come back to normalcy now ?

6. Is there anything that I can do other than this . Don't want to go full fledged as I'm in a rented home . Will be moving to own home in 5yrs and I'm planning a full fledged dedicated setup then . In the interim period how should I move forward ?

Check if you can get this repaired anywhere outside at a lesser cost.

Since you plan to invest in a larger setup at a later date , suggest you look for used AVR on OLX or Classified section in this forum. Entry level AV receiver should be available anywhere between 15-20K range.

In case you want to buy a new one , Yamaha 3067 or Denon x250 could come below 30K

Guys
I have been using a Yamaha YHT 299 since 2016 . And suddenly sound output stopped from it . The probelm occurs intermittently actually . Sometimes it works - LCR channel , sometimes it doesn't . I took it to Yamaha Service and they are saying that the Amplifier board is gone . They are quoting 13800+labour charges for replacement . The receiver costed 33,000 5yrs back :(

1. Anyone knows anything about this ? Any workaround for replacement ?

2. Also If nothing works out I should probably leave the AVR right ? 3. Is spending around 15,000 worth on it ?
Is there anything I can do with it ?

If so I'm planning for an entry level receiver with reasonable specs . Don't want DTS HD or True HD High Res sound support . Simple DD would do I guess . There was one YHT196 with AVR3064 at around 18-20k .
4. Doesn't that kind of basic AVR come now ? I have the NS -P20 5.1 speaker package with me , so just an AVR would do .

5. Some people were saying AVR prices are inflated and should probably wait few months . What's the status now ? Did it come back to normalcy now ?

6. Is there anything that I can do other than this . Don't want to go full fledged as I'm in a rented home . Will be moving to own home in 5yrs and I'm planning a full fledged dedicated setup then . In the interim period how should I move forward ?
In This model mostly the dts chip fails it is an easy fix. Try local service technician, it will be around 2k only.

Check with this technician also.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back