Looking for an Entry level receiver

dr.arun

Guys
I have been using a Yamaha YHT 299 since 2016 . And suddenly sound output stopped from it . The probelm occurs intermittently actually . Sometimes it works - LCR channel , sometimes it doesn't . I took it to Yamaha Service and they are saying that the Amplifier board is gone . They are quoting 13800+labour charges for replacement . The receiver costed 33,000 5yrs back :(

1. Anyone knows anything about this ? Any workaround for replacement ?

2. Also If nothing works out I should probably leave the AVR right ? 3. Is spending around 15,000 worth on it ?
Is there anything I can do with it ?

If so I'm planning for an entry level receiver with reasonable specs . Don't want DTS HD or True HD High Res sound support . Simple DD would do I guess . There was one YHT196 with AVR3064 at around 18-20k .
4. Doesn't that kind of basic AVR come now ? I have the NS -P20 5.1 speaker package with me , so just an AVR would do .

5. Some people were saying AVR prices are inflated and should probably wait few months . What's the status now ? Did it come back to normalcy now ?

6. Is there anything that I can do other than this . Don't want to go full fledged as I'm in a rented home . Will be moving to own home in 5yrs and I'm planning a full fledged dedicated setup then . In the interim period how should I move forward ?

Check if you can get this repaired anywhere outside at a lesser cost.

Since you plan to invest in a larger setup at a later date , suggest you look for used AVR on OLX or Classified section in this forum. Entry level AV receiver should be available anywhere between 15-20K range.

In case you want to buy a new one , Yamaha 3067 or Denon x250 could come below 30K

Guys
I have been using a Yamaha YHT 299 since 2016 . And suddenly sound output stopped from it . The probelm occurs intermittently actually . Sometimes it works - LCR channel , sometimes it doesn't . I took it to Yamaha Service and they are saying that the Amplifier board is gone . They are quoting 13800+labour charges for replacement . The receiver costed 33,000 5yrs back :(

1. Anyone knows anything about this ? Any workaround for replacement ?

2. Also If nothing works out I should probably leave the AVR right ? 3. Is spending around 15,000 worth on it ?
Is there anything I can do with it ?

If so I'm planning for an entry level receiver with reasonable specs . Don't want DTS HD or True HD High Res sound support . Simple DD would do I guess . There was one YHT196 with AVR3064 at around 18-20k .
4. Doesn't that kind of basic AVR come now ? I have the NS -P20 5.1 speaker package with me , so just an AVR would do .

5. Some people were saying AVR prices are inflated and should probably wait few months . What's the status now ? Did it come back to normalcy now ?

6. Is there anything that I can do other than this . Don't want to go full fledged as I'm in a rented home . Will be moving to own home in 5yrs and I'm planning a full fledged dedicated setup then . In the interim period how should I move forward ?
In This model mostly the dts chip fails it is an easy fix. Try local service technician, it will be around 2k only.

Check with this technician also.

Back