Looking for apartments in South Chennai

Venkat,

Any particular reason to avoid DHL? It has PSPB school with it. Hence looking very attractive for me.

Not DHL,,, itz DLF:p:p First the place is behind the slums and second their commitments were slipped for long time for completion of towers which were in progress... Stick on to the main road for safety for future... I believe daily commuting will be tougher in future due to thefts may happen while crossing the slums and why not inside too if high profile security also arranged:cool:

Matbhuvi, I'm subscribing to this thread for the purely selfish reason of maybe finding out what my house is worth now. Sorry I can't answer your question :eek:

Thad !! why wait !!!Where are you residing in ECR ? Will tell the rates- are you owning an flat or Individual house?

matbhuvi said:
Any particular reason to avoid DHL? It has PSPB school with it. Hence looking very attractive for me.

Srini answered your question. I also looked at that very seriously as they were offering at 2500/sq.feet. But the slum is a big liability. You have to enter through the slum, and chances of robberry and eve teasing is very high. They also had a 5 acre piece of land inside the complex that was under dispute. Don't know what happened to that.

There is also a branch of Vidya Mandir in one of the complexes, so schooling is not an issue.

Cheers

Last edited:
Srini answered your question. I also looked at that very seriously as they were offering at 2500/sq.feet. But the slum is a big liability. You have to enter through the slum, and chances of robberry and eve teasing is very high. They also had a 5 acre piece of land inside the complex that was under dispute. Don't know what happened to that.

There is also a branch of Vidya Mandir in one of the complexes, so schooling is not an issue.

Cheers

Vidya mandir is situated in GST ( L& T and Arun excello) road not in OMR., however Bala Vidya Mandir has announced their branch in Bolleni township, but is interior... However PSBB Millennium School is in DLF which is functional now.

Just an link copies from another forum... check for function of these school:p.

Here are the list of schools in OMR/ ECR:-

1. GT Aloha Mandir - GT ALOHA VIDHYA MANDIR
New school with admissions currently open. Not sure if they are affiliated to CBSE yet but they have said as " CBSE based syllabus. "

2. APL Global school - Academy for Personalized Learning - IGCSE syllabus.

3. Parents choice - Sholinganalur and Adyar - Parent Choice International School, Primary School, Day Care, Chennai

4. BVM Global school at Marg SwarnaBhoomi and a new branch opening at Bolleni Hillside OMR - http://www.bvmglobal.org/bollinenihillside/index.asp
Another new BVM global at perungudi..

http://www.bvmglobal.org/

5. Alpha Clarion International School - http://www.alphaclarionintl.com/

Of course this is in addition to:-

6. Vaels Billabong - Welcome to Vaels Billabong High International School, Chennai, Tamilnadu-Vels Group of Institutions
7. The Gateway - ::: GATEWAY SCHOOLS :::
8. PSBB Millenium OMR in DLF campus
9. St. Johns International school OMR - could not find the web link but saw advertisements along LB road!! if anyone finds the link pls. post it here
10. Sishya Mehta school - OMR Thoraipakkam

11. British International school - http://www.britishschool.in/contact.php

12. German International school - Deutsche Schule Chennai - The International School

13. Headstart school - HLC International School Chennai, INDIA

14. Primrose school - Primrose Schools, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India - Primrose Educational Trust - Kindergarten, Primary School

For 2011:-
a. Chennai Pattinam has also advertised their tie up with DAV Public school (original one) at their campus
b. http://www.ltedenpark.com/psbb_school_chennai.aspx

Hope this helps:)

Last edited:
matbhuvi, I was searching for apartments in OMR 6 months back. Below is the information collected during that time. At last, I booked in Akshaya January as it comes into my budget. Rest all the projects are going beyond 58L and above for 3BHK. Hope this information helps..

------------------------------------------------
Puravankara Swanlake, Padur (Contact: Hemanand.B - 91-99406 40660)

3BHK - Size available from 1700 - 1800, Rs.3125/Sq.ft -
Puravankara Windermere, Pallikaranai
3BHK in 1900sq.ft - all inclusive price - 72,00,000
--------------------------------------------------
TVH Taus, Navalur
3BHK - 1685 sq.ft, Rs. 3500/sq.ft

TVH Quarana Bay, Padur
Phase-1
1710 sq.ft- Sea view 3700/sq.ft, 3500/sq.ft - city view
2084 sq.ft- Sea view 3700/sq.ft, 3500/sq.ft - city view

Phase - 2
1710 - Sea view - 3600, City View - 3400
2084 - Sea view - 3600, City View 3400

Phase - 3, Will be launched
----------------------------------------------------
XS Real Siena, Helios City, Padur
1571Sq.FT - 3BHK - 60.2L all inclusive

----------------------------------------------------
Akshaya January (0.5 Kms from Kelambakkam) Contact - Mr. Ravindran: Phone: 98408 78811
3BHK available in 1396 Sq.ft
Sq.ft rate - 3000, All inclusive price - 51 Lac (including registration)

January project (micro township) is located on road in OMR with 688 apartments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
TVH Quarana Bay, Padur
Phase-1
1710 - Sea view 3700/sq.ft, 3500/sq.ft - city view
2084 - Sea view 3700/sq.ft, 3500/sq.ft - city view

Phase - 2
1710 - Sea view - 3600, City View - 3400
2084 - Sea view - 3600, City View 3400

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to mention the price in TVH Ouranya bay will sky rocket to high if booked in high floor.. Per floor hike of Rs.20/Sq.ft from 5th floor onwards.. By the way mine is in 26th floor.:lol:

I am new to Chennai and absolutely have no idea about the builders here :eek:.
I am looking to get an apartment in South Chennai @ max 4000/sqft. What are my options? Can you guys recommend some good builders, projects or anything that can help in the most important investment decision of my life :)

You can try for some old flats of reputed builders flat too before the Shozinganallur.. Most of the flats purchased after shozinganallur were by NRI for rental purpose and you may end up staying there without neighbors.:p

Srini, yes few builders charge extra floor rise price..think u spent a lot of millions :) i can imagine the view from 26th Floor :cool:

May be one day, i will pop in to Srini's apartment..wud like to enjoy that view.

BTW, Akshaya January dont have any floor rise price. I booked in 10th floor.

Last edited:
Thad !! why wait !!!Where are you residing in ECR ? Will tell the rates- are you owning an flat or Individual house?

Cheers :)

1.5 grounds, canal side of Palavakkam, with small 1,000 sq ft independent house. It is far from posh, but, as with so many areas, every new building tends to be a better one. I am not even allowing myself to dream about the ideas to develop the canal into some sort of tourist attraction, but if it ever did happen, that would change everything.

Cheers :)

1.5 grounds, canal side of Palavakkam, with small 1,000 sq ft independent house. It is far from posh, but, as with so many areas, every new building tends to be a better one. I am not even allowing myself to dream about the ideas to develop the canal into some sort of tourist attraction, but if it ever did happen, that would change everything.

Normaly in thirunvamiyur rates were quoted in the range of 2Cr against 3Cr to 3.5Cr in besantnagar in prime areas.

In Palavakkam it is known to few chennaites most of the layouts are unapproved and the area is prone for that. Very Few lay outs are approved there but the rates are astonishing for that.

But in the present market condition the rates which were quoted in the last year for 1 Ground is 1.3Cr in Palavakkam now reduced to 85L:p due to poor economy:p

Unfortunately we paid more than twice that in about 2007. If we had been able to buy in 04/05, we would be content in an independent house in Mylapore, which was always my dream. The desire for a house and garden, with trees, sent us out of the city to a relatively poor area.

Thats hydrogen sulphide ....... bad for AV equipments ........ watch it!
Yes... everything here rusts. I am sure I have acid in my lungs!

Hey ho, we all make mistakes!

After reading all the posts, realizing how cheap Hyderabad is !

You can get hold of luxury apts here at 3500- 4000 per square foot !

I belong to chennai though :)

Srini, yes few builders charge extra floor rise price..think u spent a lot of millions :) i can imagine the view from 26th Floor :cool:

May be one day, i will pop in to Srini's apartment..wud like to enjoy that view.

BTW, Akshaya January dont have any floor rise price. I booked in 10th floor.

You are welcome and yours is just nearby... I found TVH quality is bad comparing Akshaya.. I happen to see few Akshaya projects and they are good especially Adair just opposite to TVH-Ouranya bay.. :)

Also hope to conduct some HFV meet in 26th floor of TVH-OB by mid year 2012 if anybody want to perform the Hifi items whether will work in higher floors/altitude and if there is any sound signature change:lol:... However it is too far from city if anybody dont mind to combine the outing and pleasure then it is good.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, wherever you buy, AVOID CEE DEE YES builders like Plague. Pathetic construction quality and absolutely no regard to ethics or trust!

@Srini: I was the 5th customer to book in Ouranya Bay at 24th floor. Cancelled it as I needed an house immediately after most owners refused to rent a house due to my dog! So ditched all, went and bought a house so Steffi can be with us :) No regrets except for the Cee Dee Yes atrocities.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back