Looking for apartments in South Chennai

matbhuvi

I am new to Chennai and absolutely have no idea about the builders here :eek:.
I am looking to get an apartment in South Chennai @ max 4000/sqft. What are my options? Can you guys recommend some good builders, projects or anything that can help in the most important investment decision of my life :)

Last edited:
You want to buy an apartment? In that case you have to look only at OMR. Within the city the prices at 10K a sq feet and above.

In OMR look for TVH, Opaline, and others. Avoid DHL.

Cheers

Since when we are calling 4000sqft buildings as apartments. I thought they had other names like Villa, Villaments , Bungalow etc..... :rolleyes:

Good luck matbhuvi.

Since when we are calling 4000sqft buildings as apartments. I thought they had other names like Villa, Villaments , Bungalow etc..... :rolleyes:

Good luck matbhuvi.

aagh..Kittu..you think i have a million $ at my disposal :p

I am looking to get an apartment in South Chennai @ max 4000/sqft. What are my options? Can you guys recommend some good builders, projects or anything that can help in my most important investment decision of my life :)

You want to buy an apartment? In that case you have to look only at OMR. Within the city the prices at 10K a sq feet and above.

In OMR look for TVH, Opaline, and others. Avoid DHL.

Cheers

South chennai covers following areas: Areas Under South Chennai.. Below are my research rates not copied from anywhere:p
Adyar - 14K/sq.ft
KK Nagar- 6k SQ.ft
Kotturpuram- 12K/sq.ft
Meenambakkam- 5 to 6K /sq.ft
Mylapore- 14K / sq.ft
Saidapet- 8K / sq.ft
Tambaram- 5 to 6K / sq.ft
Teynampet- 14K sq.ft
Thyagaraya Nagar- 14K / sq.ft
Tiruvanmiyur - 8K to 10K /sq.ft
Velachery- 6 to 7K / sq.ft

In above areas you cannot get for 4K/ sq.ft

Rs.4000/sq.ft can be achieved in some areas like 200ft road leading to Thoraipakkam to Pallavaram stretch + after shozhinganallur. in OMR. The rates have gone to 6K / sq.ft with reputed builders in Perungudi region in OMR and above 5K /sq.ft between stretch of perungudi to shozhinganallur.

If you stretch your budget to 5K /Sq.ft and have cash in hand can negotiate with some decent builders which were ready to occupy in perungudi to shozhinganallur stretch

Regards

@Srini bhai,

After looking at the rates you posted , I feel bangalore is still cheaper and affordable.

Before you i am in chennai itself:p the same PM will reach me quickly before travelling from chennai to Bglr.

Incase if you have that kind of money and decide to dispose , just remember I am only a PM away. ;)

What do you guys think? as if i am Raja's relative or madam J's step son :D

@Srini bhai,

After looking at the rates you posted , I feel bangalore is still cheaper and affordable.

Absolutely..Super Kings are way richer than Challengers..or they are willing to take more risk than them.

Last edited:
@Srini bhai,

Absolutely Banglore is cheaper in prime areas too. In chennai artificially rates were increased. In chennai property rates are more but rental value is less, in banglore it is opposite, property rates is less and rental value is more:)

Just for example in Royapetah where i am staying the rate during Jan'2011 is 9K / sq.ft, but now we are in Jan, 2012 and rate is 14K / Sq.ft:p How the builder can justify the rate increase.. No prime space is available in city centre, so rates were doubled in short duration still buyers are there, looks like still Raja's are there out or money is coming now only out which were earned during earlier ruling.:p

TVH has a huge apartment complex coming up in Siruseri for rough 3K/sq.feet. Handing over is 2 to 3 years.

Cheers

TVH has a huge apartment complex coming up in Siruseri for rough 3K/sq.feet. Handing over is 2 to 3 years.

Cheers

Siruseri is too far to stay and it is perfect for IT people who is working nearby IT park and also of person of nature back to back ( office and house).:) No recreation nearby except some star hotels and one theater which is good:)

Matbhuvi, I'm subscribing to this thread for the purely selfish reason of maybe finding out what my house is worth now. Sorry I can't answer your question :eek:

Hi
let me know if you are interested anywhere near porur or poonamalee...pm me

ganesh

Thanks ganny..I am looking in South Chennai only as of now. Mainly because my office is in south Chennai.

Siruseri is too far to stay and it is perfect for IT people who is working nearby IT park and also of person of nature back to back ( office and house).:) No recreation nearby except some star hotels and one theater which is good:)

Agreed. Just for understanding the area, i visited Siruseri, Kovilambakkam last weekend. I like the green and far less traffic woes. If there any good schools in that area for my 5 year old kid, then i have no problems there.

Matbhuvi, I'm subscribing to this thread for the purely selfish reason of maybe finding out what my house is worth now. Sorry I can't answer your question :eek:

Sure buddy. Sent out inquiries to all the builders mentioned in the thread. I have added Jain builders too. I like their apartments in Pallavaram. I'll be out of town for Pongal chilling out in Kodaikanal ( Chennai is too hot for Jan :( ). Will keep updating this thread.

Last edited:
I am looking to get an apartment in South Chennai @ max 4000/sqft. What are my options? Can you guys recommend some good builders, projects or anything that can help in the most important investment decision of my life :)

I am relocating to Pune and my house (2200 sqft) in Velachery (just 15 minutes from Tidel IT Park) is up for sale. The complex is just next to DAV school (CBSE) and kids can walk inside the school directly from one of the complex gate without going to the main road. However, the rate I am quoting is 6400/sqft. Not sure if it meets your budget.

I am relocating to Pune and my house (2200 sqft) in Velachery (just 15 minutes from Tidel IT Park) is up for sale. The complex is just next to DAV school (CBSE) and kids can walk inside the school directly from one of the complex gate without going to the main road. However, the rate I am quoting is 6400/sqft. Not sure if it meets your budget.

hehe..it is just 3 times my budget :p. Thanks for the offer though.

Where you are staying is almost heart of Velachery and it is an nice complex:cool:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back