Looking for audiophile grade recordings of MS Subbulakshmi songs

anirudhchandrashekar

Hello all. As the topic header suggests, I am searching for the best possible material out there. I am aware of the compromises in the original recording due to the equipment and other factors present in those days, and yet, I am looking for the best in what's available.

Any remasters or anything from the original tracks that sound HiFi? Appreciate the help!

Regards!

Saregama has released the Music card for M.S.Subbulakshmi. But I don't know about the recording quality. Please check on their Web site.

Saregama has released the Music card for M.S.Subbulakshmi. But I don't know about the recording quality. Please check on their Web site.
I see there are some carnatic instrumentals available, stating hd songs. Any reviews out there?

I see there are some carnatic instrumentals available, stating hd songs. Any reviews out there?
arunlouie, yes , it's available as the very beautiful package as in a 4 GB pre-loaded USB memory stick with 150 HD Quality songs of M.S.Subbulakshmi. Available on Amazon.in and the price is Rs.689/ Here I have given the link for the web page. Please check. But
I don't know about the recording quality. It's 320 Kbps MP3 Audio. If you want the real analog sound, then you may try to get old
time phono LP records ( Not newly released records). You will miss the depth and weight of the Indian musics if it's Digitally recorded.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back