Looking for small speakers for surrounds

CA mounting kit is quite effective. You can get them in the body colour :p so they merge with the speaker and do not stand out.
The mounting kit and the fact that i can order these very cheap from the uk are the 2 reasons i'm looking at these speakers.

3. Monitor Audio Radius 45 - Leaning most towards this. The only concern here is that placement might be tricky due to rear firing tweeters.
The R45s come with mounting brackets (1-2K extra) which position the tweeters an inch or so off the wall. They are superb for surrounds in my smaller room. And come with almost 360-degree rotational positioning.

And 16-20K is a steal for them.

Also, can you not place them on the side walls?

Regards

The R45s come with mounting brackets (1-2K extra) which position the tweeters an inch or so off the wall. They are superb for surrounds in my smaller room. And come with almost 360-degree rotational positioning.
My only concern with these is regarding the rear firing tweeters.

From what i understand about these speakers, the rear-firing tweeter uses the wall behind the speaker to disperse sound waves..

In that case, if i mount these on the back wall, angled towards listening position, will that not mean that the sound waves from the rear-firing tweeter will disperse away from the listening position instead of towards it?

My only concern with these is regarding the rear firing tweeters.

From what i understand about these speakers, the rear-firing tweeter uses the wall behind the speaker to disperse sound waves..

In that case, if i mount these on the back wall, angled towards listening position, will that not mean that the sound waves from the rear-firing tweeter will disperse away from the listening position instead of towards it?
The highs do bounce off the wall, but for some reason, it doesn't have any problems, and works as advertised. It does disperse correctly towards the listening position.
Will get these for about 18.5k (EUR 230) without the mounts.
The mounts are an additional 3k/mount but since the speakers are not heavy, i can make wooden mounts for a lot cheaper.
That's a great deal.
I'd suggest that the mounts are worth it, as they let you pivot the speakers in any direction.
Regards

The highs do bounce off the wall, but for some reason, it doesn't have any problems, and works as advertised. It does disperse correctly towards the listening position.

That's a great deal.
I'd suggest that the mounts are worth it, as they let you pivot the speakers in any direction.
Regards
Thanks for all the info.

How do you think these would compare to KEF T101 for surrounds?

Thanks for all the info.

How do you think these would compare to KEF T101 for surrounds?
They weren't available to audition when I was looking out. But have not heard anything bad about them.
I have a personal prejudice against thin speakers. Those I listened to almost always ended up sounding tinny. And I found the boxy on-walls of various brands way better to my ears.
As I said it is a very personal opinion, so just take it as one of your many inputs, and try and audition.

They weren't available to audition when I was looking out. But have not heard anything bad about them.
I have a personal prejudice against thin speakers. Those I listened to almost always ended up sounding tinny. And I found the boxy on-walls of various brands way better to my ears.
As I said it is a very personal opinion, so just take it as one of your many inputs, and try and audition.
Yeah. Planning to audition the Kef T101, MA Radius 45 and Elac on-wall.

I was told that sensitivity will not be that big of a factor for surrounds, specially after calibration.
Is that not so?
Sensitivity plays an imp role for all speakers, higher it is, better the speaker output and less strain on the amp/avr. I personally look for 88db or higher in speakers.

I was told that sensitivity will not be that big of a factor for surrounds, specially after calibration.
Is that not so?
As it is, the effects channel come to play only now and then. When they do, you want to hear them, else the information is lost. On a low sensitivity speaker, your amplifier will need to work harder to wake them up. The effects or surrounds channels will need to have higher levels of gain in order to match your front speakers. It may work fine.

Sensitivity plays an imp role for all speakers, higher it is, better the speaker output and less strain on the amp/avr. I personally look for 88db or higher in speakers.
Understood. Will drop the low sensitivity speakers from my shortlist.

Hi
I have recently started setting up my first HT in my open plan living room.

The primary area is about 18' x 12' with walls on two sides (18') and a Glass door/window on aluminium frame on one side (12').
The fourth side is open to a small area thats roughly 8' x 12' which further opens up to a narrow passageway.

The plan is to go to 5.1. Dual subs is not really an option as of now.

Equipment i have and am planning to get: -
AVR: Denon X2700H (Already have this)
LR: Kef Q350 (Already have this)
Centre: Will get another Kef Q350 for the centre sometime next month.
Subwoofer: Ascendo SV-12 (Ordered, will receive in 2-3 days)

For surrounds, i need something relatively small and discreet.
The options I'm looking at as of now are: -
1. Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12
2. Monitor Audio Mass Satellite
3. Monitor Audio Radius 45 - Leaning most towards this. The only concern here is that placement might be tricky due to rear firing tweeters.

I will be mounting the surrounds on the back wall as the back of the sofa is flush with the wall. I will make some kind of a wooden wall bracket to properly angle the speaker towards the listening position.

Which of these would be my best option? All three are prices similarly between 16-20k/pair.
Open to other recommendations under 20k/pair.
Have you tried listening to the Stage A120 , i feel you should since they are available with most stores.You will be thrilled with what those compact speaks could do to your surround channels. Since you have Kefs i think this would be the best synergy as surrounds could totally enhance your experience.

Have you tried listening to the Stage A120 , i feel you should since they are available with most stores.You will be thrilled with what those compact speaks could do to your surround channels. Since you have Kefs i think this would be the best synergy as surrounds could totally enhance your experience.
I haven’t. I did try the JBL control one liked those.

I eventually went with Monitor Audio Bronze 1.
They are a little bigger than what I was looking for but the deal was too good to pass up.
I just hope that they go well with the Kef’s.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back