Looking for suggestion on power cleaning

MOV?
question: how will I know the MOV has suffered 3 surges?
Are such impacted MOVs user replaceable?
So the Citel product I have linked to above, the Type 3 one, has 2 types. One comes with an alarm indicator and the other with an LED indicator. The LED stops blinking when it has gone bad and the alarm starts blaring when it has gone bad.
The Type 2 one that gets installed at the main distribution board, that one from all companies also has an indicator and those are user replacable and you only have to replace the cartridge that has gone bad.

I assume the above design is different from what is used in the Sound Foundation Barracuda surge protector and RF-EMI filter?

Attachments

• 82679660-52CE-483D-8950-AC8AF08B9ABA.jpeg
    82679660-52CE-483D-8950-AC8AF08B9ABA.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 31
@ajeetk - this is the link - https://www.suvastika.com/Falcon-plus-2200.php - my model is not mentioned here anymore - maybe discontinued as I bought it 2 years ago. This is the latest as per my inverter guy.

I am not sure if this is the best option - but mine has no down time - when electricity goes my HT or my office stereo continue to work, the only way we get to know is some of the lights that are on the other inverter come on - that covers the rest of the house.

Like stabilisers, surge protectors should be chosen based in load factor, though it is measured in joules.

Here is an explanation for joules which is time dependent unlike watts.

"A surge protector joule rating indicates how much energy it can absorb before it fails. The higher the number of joules, the greater the surge protection provided. Keys to determining the amount of protection needed include the type and value of the equipment to be protected."

My setup has a Transport, DAC, power amp. subwoofer and speakers. I use a APC surge protector with 6 outlets that is rated for 3500 joules.
My amp is quite low profile at only 5 watt RMS, and my sub is what offers the max load. In my setup 3500 joules is good enough.
If you have a full fledged receiver or high power amps, go for 4000/5000 joules.

APC makes very good surge protectors.

Like stabilisers, surge protectors should be chosen based in load factor, though it is measured in joules.

Here is an explanation for joules which is time dependent unlike watts.

"A surge protector joule rating indicates how much energy it can absorb before it fails. The higher the number of joules, the greater the surge protection provided. Keys to determining the amount of protection needed include the type and value of the equipment to be protected."

My setup has a Transport, DAC, power amp. subwoofer and speakers. I use a APC surge protector with 6 outlets that is rated for 3500 joules.
My amp is quite low profile at only 5 watt RMS, and my sub is what offers the max load. In my setup 3500 joules is good enough.
If you have a full fledged receiver or high power amps, go for 4000/5000 joules.

APC makes very good surge protectors.
Hi Kannan, thanks for info. Can you please provide me your product link from where you purchased?

Hi FMs,

I am looing for what should I put in my chain to clean the power and prevent from surge and noise.

I have currently as main -> Vertex Servo 5Kv stab -> AVR.

Not sure if the stab protects from surge? Do I need to put anything between stab and AVR?
The Belkin surge protector from Amazon does not seem to be doing good job as per review.

Please let me know with you experience that what should be the correct choice and link of product if you can share please.
My budget is not very high, kind of looking below 20-30k. you can please suggest higher option too if possible as a second option too.

BTW I leave in society with 2000+ families.. :(
Some stabilizers have a control unit that lets you set the surge limits for cutoffs. Does your unit have that? Please check. Some also have RFI/EMI filters built in. If your stabilizer has all of this, you're good.

Some stabilizers have a control unit that lets you set the surge limits for cutoffs. Does your unit have that? Please check. Some also have RFI/EMI filters built in. If your stabilizer has all of this, you're good.
I am having Vertex servo RFI/EMI it has, not sure abt cutoffs though :(, Dont know how to check it

Hi FMs,

I am looing for what should I put in my chain to clean the power and prevent from surge and noise.

I have currently as main -> Vertex Servo 5Kv stab -> AVR.

Not sure if the stab protects from surge? Do I need to put anything between stab and AVR?
The Belkin surge protector from Amazon does not seem to be doing good job as per review.

Please let me know with you experience that what should be the correct choice and link of product if you can share please.
My budget is not very high, kind of looking below 20-30k. you can please suggest higher option too if possible as a second option too.

BTW I leave in society with 2000+ families.. :(
I got my Krykard Servo done with inbuilt Surge Protection devise and filters, not sure how efficient they are though. They installed them on top of regular product they sell and charged extra.

I am having Vertex servo RFI/EMI it has, not sure abt cutoffs though :(, Dont know how to check it
It will have a model number. The company may have a website. The website may have contact numbers/email addresses. Try that route.

APC VGUA-9QA93U_R1_EN_Page_2.jpg

I don't see the model i have which I bought 4 or 5 years back. But P6FG and P10FG look good to go. Depending on the equipment, you can go with two P6FG to offer better distribution. 1800 joules at 10 amps and 30-kiloampere is more than sufficient.
The master outlet option is another great advantage as it can be used to switch off other outlets in the box (it is same as the 12V trigger).

Also from personal experience, the switch qualities are exceptional. It also features a LED sequence to highlight unstable or shorted grounds.

That said, MDR ELectronics (MX) also makes excellent surge protectors of varying degrees. You can look at them too.

Mine is showing this one. The seller is saying that it has surge protection.

Yeah but getting another APC one should not harm

1627889784491.png

View attachment 60508

I don't see the model i have which I bought 4 or 5 years back. But P6FG and P10FG look good to go. Depending on the equipment, you can go with two P6FG to offer better distribution. 1800 joules at 10 amps and 30-kiloampere is more than sufficient.
The master outlet option is another great advantage as it can be used to switch off other outlets in the box (it is same as the 12V trigger).

Also from personal experience, the switch qualities are exceptional. It also features a LED sequence to highlight unstable or shorted grounds.
Did you purchased online? Flipkart/Amazon both showing not available :(

Just a suggestion ---
Basically if u want a constant voltage | Sine wave output | backup --- do for an APC online UPS ......and then for Surge protection go for a non-sacrificial Surge protector like Surge-X or from Audioquest . If u already have an Inverter/another UPS then the APC wouldn't make much sense

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back