Looking for suggestion on speakers for Yamaha 3067

neogen

Hello,

I have YAMAHA HTR-3067 5.1CH AV Receiver, and currently using NSP110 comprising NX-E130, NX-C130 and Subwoofer SW-P130 in a 5.1 setup. Now these speakers are silver in color and are pretty old. No issues with performance though.

Looking for suggestions on what speaker setup (model & make) should I upgrade to?

Should I junk the old speakers? or use them in a new speaker setup? Is there value any left with old speakers?

I have budgeted around 40K for this upgrade. Lower the better :)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello,

I have YAMAHA HTR-3067 5.1CH AV Receiver, and currently using NSP110 comprising NX-E130, NX-C130 and Subwoofer SW-P130 in a 5.1 setup. Now these speakers are silver in color and are pretty old. No issues with performance though.

Looking for suggestions on what speaker setup (model & make) should I upgrade to?

Should I junk the old speakers? or use them in a new speaker setup? Is there value any left with old speakers?

I have budgeted around 40K for this upgrade. Lower the better :)

Thanks in advance
Reason for the upgrade, just looks? Upgrade for the entire setup or just front speakers? If it was your first system then 40k would have been fine, but upgrade in this budget seems difficult. The only option coming to my mind is Taga Harmony TAV-607 5.0 which is retailing for about 45K. I don't have any exp of Yamaha + TGH combo

Check Wharfedale DX-2 Home Cinema Package (69k) or TAGA Harmony TAV-606 V3 Speaker Package (30k)

Reason for the upgrade, just looks? Upgrade for the entire setup or just front speakers? If it was your first system then 40k would have been fine, but upgrade in this budget seems difficult. The only option coming to my mind is Taga Harmony TAV-607 5.0 which is retailing for about 45K. I don't have any exp of Yamaha + TGH combo

I would like to keep and continue using the Yamaha 3067. I feel the existing speakers are not doing justice and not fully exploiting what 3067 has to offer. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, looks are one of the aspects, but experiencing & exploiting the full potential of 3067 is the main one.

I would continue with 5.1 setup, going for 7.2 is not possible. My lounge room measures approx 16 x 16.

Can bump up the budget for the right experience with existing 3067.

Also, while upgrading, should I keep the existing sub woofer or replace that as well?

I would like to keep and continue using the Yamaha 3067. I feel the existing speakers are not doing justice and not fully exploiting what 3067 has to offer. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, looks are one of the aspects, but experiencing & exploiting the full potential of 3067 is the main one.

I would continue with 5.1 setup, going for 7.2 is not possible. My lounge room measures approx 16 x 16.

Can bump up the budget for the right experience with existing 3067.

Also, while upgrading, should I keep the existing sub woofer or replace that as well?
You can start with just replacing LCR first with the best available options in your budget. Experience them for sometime and then decide to replace Sub or not. Do not go all out in upgrading everything as that will prevent you from buying the best in your budget, go in phases. You existing ones will be just fine for surrounds

Hmmm..

Am leaning towards Taga Harmony TAV-606 SE.

Thinking to replace all five speakers and continue using existing SW. What do you say?

Thanks all, have picked up Taga Harmony 606 V3. Its indeed an amazing upgrade. I must admit, I should have done this before.

The SW still remains the old one. Is there a way to turn it to black ? Or should I aim to change that as well? Thought.

Also, what to do with the old satellite speakers?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back