Looking out for a H.T setup for living room

I Have received 2700h avr. Some questions on that.
Congratulations on receiving the AVR. It’s a nice one. 2700 is a great value.
  1. How to test the avr without speakers
You may simply connect AVR to your Television and power it up and if you have a headphone and a 6.5mm adapter connect it and you can listen to music or even watch a movie until you get your speakers.
  1. Do I need a stabilizer for the avr
If your home is on a UPS and if you have good protection circuit built in you really don’t need a stabiliser. Alternatively if you are already using a voltage stabilizer which has high and low cut off use that for your AVR as well. I had done that previously and did not have any issues.

One more thing in reference to your last question, since your AVR is 2700, I think the Elac or the 3050i may not be the right fit as all these speakers need good power and the needs an amplifier with good damping factor to produce accurate bass.

The Platinum Achal’s are a great fit and are very easy to drive so it goes very well with the 2700. I used to have Denon 2600 pairs with ELAC’s earlier before shifting to Achal’s and was very happy with how it paired with Platinum Achal.

Just thought of sharing.

Regards,
Som

Last edited:
x2700 is the entry level AVR in Denon's high end
Receivers right now, but it is no slouch. It has enough power to drive the Elac and 3050i speakers, many people are using this combination.
Infact 3050i are easy to drive speakers, even 50wpc is sufficient and provide enough bass and grunt. I have tested it with multiple power amps, IA and AVRs. To each have different sound signature, but was never disappointed in bass and mids department. Highs were also not sharp but pleasant.

That said Platinum Achals are one step ahead, they are more easier to drive. You get what you pay for, be it in terms of bass or highs and mids.

So you got the x2700
Next the Platinum Achals are incoming?
Any thoughts about rest speakers and subwoofer?

Amit has confirmed that the speakers will go into production next week. Rest will have to follow in a couple of months.i will get only one chance at the upgrade.so it will be both sw and surrounds at the same time in a couple of months.
Congratulations on receiving the AVR. It’s a nice one. 2700 is a great value.

You may simply connect AVR to your Television and power it up and if you have a headphone and a 6.5mm adapter connect it and you can listen to music or even watch a movie until you get your speakers.

If your home is on a UPS and if you have good protection circuit built in you really don’t need a stabiliser. Alternatively if you are already using a voltage stabilizer which has high and low cut off use that for your AVR as well. I had done that previously and did not have any issues.

One more thing in reference to your last question, since your AVR is 2700, I think the Elac or the 3050i may not be the right fit as all these speakers need good power and the needs an amplifier with good damping factor to produce accurate bass.

The Platinum Achal’s are a great fit and are very easy to drive so it goes very well with the 2700. I used to have Denon 2600 pairs with ELAC’s earlier before shifting to Achal’s and was very happy with how it paired with Platinum Achal.

Just thought of sharing.

Regards,
Som
I connected my audio technica ath m50x to the avr and listened a couple of Ilayaraja songs. They sounded way too different from my usual listening sessions.awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
I connected my audio technica ath m50x to the avr and listened a couple of Ilayaraja songs. They sounded way too different from my usual listening sessions.awesome
Great! You have a nice headphone there. Cool.
I have never tried a headphone on AVR while i always wanted to give it a shot. How different did you feel them compare to the headphone amplifiers?

Great! You have a nice headphone there. Cool.
I have never tried a headphone on AVR while i always wanted to give it a shot. How different did you feel them compare to the headphone amplifiers?
have never listened to them using an amp. with 2700H, the bass was much tighter, i was feeling less louder, but much clearer. but i thought the mids were a little laidback than listening without an amp. but of-course mine are untrained ears. hence i may not have expressed what i felt accurately. i was grinning ear to ear while listening and my wife was giving me the "crazy bugger" looks.

How much did it cost ?
got it for 70K locally. got quotes from many dealers. 70K was the lowest and available locally. so went for it.

i'm getting some quotes for the AVR. I feel that the local dealers have to get the stock from someone else and hence there is a markup in price due to that. Lets see where it lands.
will there be any connecting wires, jacks etc that I need to buy? if yes, any recommendations for that? I dont want to cut corners in this area.
Have you checked out Audio Crest in Tiruvanmiyoor? Their prices are good. Mr. Ravikumar 9500167856/9500137182. Very friendly and helpful.

Edit:
Oops, just saw you have bought it.
Please ignore the above message.
And all the best. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any connectivity related items that I have to purchase? Currently I have 1 hdmi cable connecting stb to tv.I know I have to buy one more. Any standard recommendations for hdmi cables, wires,stabilizer etc? The dealer suggested digi 200 stabilizer.

Not sure if using a stabilizer for an AVR is required but would defer to the experts here on the power side. I rely on decent surge protectors for my TV, AVR and other sensitive equipments. If going for a surge protector, I would highly recommend Belkin Essentials series that are very reliable and comes with lifetime warranty. It really saved my TV in a power surge incident that happened in one of the past monsoon season some years back and I even got a free replacement from Belkin after its fried doing its job.

HDMI- I have been using Bluerigger HDMI cables bought from Amazon for quite a while and never had issues. Of course there are more expensive cables but I have found bluerigger is well balanced in terms of quality and value for an entry to mid level HT setup.

Speaker wires - Go for a fully copper (OFC) wire that meets your budget instead of CCA. This is yet another highly debated component so it really have to be a balancing act based on your budget and cost of other equipments in your chain. I am using MX and ZIPP speaker wires that are OFC and can be sourced locally in Ritchie st.

Speaker wire terminals- I would recommend bare wire connection to the AVR and speaker unless you would need to unplug and plug them frequently for any reason in which case a banana plug is more convenient.

Worst speakers ever don’t waste your money on these
Someone can't outrightly reject or give negative comments with our sharing thier experience or without using them .
We have so many people here who are happy with them .it takes enormous efforts to build but to destroy it just takes one negative comments.

Someone can't outrightly reject or give negative comments with our sharing thier experience or without using them .
We have so many people here who are happy with them .it takes enormous efforts to build but to destroy it just takes one negative comments.
Dude I just heard them Yesterday and it sounded horrible looks like they have assembled some cheap drivers from China and and just put them in Cabinet even !! Honestly even Bluetooth speakers sound better than its was a complete waste of time going to listen to them. Its not garbage its Gabaage !!

Dude I just heard them Yesterday and it sounded horrible looks like they have assembled some cheap drivers from China and and just put them in Cabinet even !! Honestly even Bluetooth speakers sound better than its was a complete waste of time going to listen to them. Its not garbage its Gabaage !!
@Lalatendu Behera, you joined this forum today at 8:39 and have 5 posts and all of them against Indiq.. You have not contributed to this forum at all, this makes your motive behind the posts amply clear. It seems they have impacted your business big time. If you have really auditioned their system, provide details. People are smart enough to ignore your comment.

Back