Looking to purchase speakers for under 20k

Guys how is thonet and vander kugel? Little higher than my budget but I might consider if it compares better to om5540 or kurbis.

One word, strictly stay far away from Thonet & Vander. I bout an Sub from the same make and it was very very very cheaply built. It was delivered damaged hence was refunded later. DO NOT go by the quality of pics in the site, they do not stand up to the expectations.

One word, strictly stay far away from Thonet & Vander. I bout an Sub from the same make and it was very very very cheaply built. It was delivered damaged hence was refunded later. DO NOT go by the quality of pics in the site, they do not stand up to the expectations.
Woah I was not doubting about the quality at all considering it is a German company. Thanks for the heads up.. I had shortlisted thonet and vander but it is going to get scratched away now.

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

Its no German from any angle, its simply a cheap chinese product in the name of german company.
I was anyways going to check it locally.. I know where they sell here.. Anyways saves me the trouble of going there

Sent from my ZUK Z1 using Tapatalk

After reading lot of reviews i see swans d1080-iv an excellent buy and is about Rs. 8000 lesser to my budget. So now my next question would be how do I spend those Rs. 8000 to get better sound? Should I buy 2 sets of these by adding a little more? Please suggest.

After reading lot of reviews i see swans d1080-iv an excellent buy and is about Rs. 8000 lesser to my budget. So now my next question would be how do I spend those Rs. 8000 to get better sound? Should I buy 2 sets of these by adding a little more? Please suggest.

The 8000 INR model name is D1010-IV
D1080-IV model costs around 12.5K.
U can check the differences between these two and then decide.

If I were at your place, I would have gone for YHT 196.
Just for it's sheer sound quality which will be much better than any setup without Av reciever.
Although what got lose here is few basic features like absence of aux, usb port and 4k support.
If you're fine with that, go for it you'll love it's sound.
It's available at R. L. I n. C. E digital for 27 k with 24" free led which brings the cost down to around 19-20k

Just for it's sheer sound quality which will be much better than any setup without Av reciever.
Although what got lose here is few basic features like absence of aux, usb port and 4k support.
It's available at R. L. I n. C. E digital for 27 k with 24" free led which brings the cost down to around 19-20k

He needs a stereo system, not HT.

Research, research n research..

Finally made up my mind to go with the Swans D1080-iv.. Excellent reviews everywhere.. However, I cannot listen to it personally until I buy them since there is no dealer here in Kolkata. Will but it soon n hopefully will not be disappointed. To make it a wireless streaming, will purchase a chromecast audio and that should be it..

Thank you everybody for all your suggestions and feedback.. will post pictures when i buy them..

Dont need Home Theater system although I see a good system here .. :)

Heck if there is a 5 channel stereo mode in YHT 196, it will rock the hell out of that room.
Not a bad option at all.

Research, research n research..

Finally made up my mind to go with the Swans D1080-iv.. Excellent reviews everywhere.. However, I cannot listen to it personally until I buy them since there is no dealer here in Kolkata. Will but it soon n hopefully will not be disappointed. To make it a wireless streaming, will purchase a chromecast audio and that should be it..

Thank you everybody for all your suggestions and feedback.. will post pictures when i buy them..
good decission, you won'r regret.
I have bought both Swans M50-w and D 1080-IV.
I personally like D 1080 better. Best value for money and allrounder.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back