Looking to upgrade Onkyo Speaker package

Hemant

Hi
I am having Onkyo TX NR-646 AV receiver and Onkyo 5.1 speaker package 4600.
I am looking to upgrade my speaker package and looking for 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos packages.Any suitable to go with my Onkyo 646 ?

From start using floor standing for front hence will keep similar configuration where front will be floorstanding and other can be bookshelf/surrounding and dolby atmos .

Thanks in advance.

If I remember right, onkyo 4600 was a decent package for onkyo as an avr company. Decent extension and all. Why do you want to change?
(I know for I sold quite a few in the ole days!)

If I remember right, onkyo 4600 was a decent package for onkyo as an avr company. Decent extension and all. Why do you want to change?
(I know for I sold quite a few in the ole days!)
yes it's decent package but I am using it from long time more than 12 years want to upgrade ,as Subwoofer may be blown recently hence running on front floor stander for bass and want to use full capacity on Onkyo 646 as its dolby atmos supported (Older Onkyo was simple 5.1 )

yes it's decent package but I am using it from long time more than 12 years want to upgrade ,as Subwoofer may be blown recently hence running on front floor stander for bass and want to use full capacity on Onkyo 646 as its dolby atmos supported (Older Onkyo was simple 5.1 )

I personally prefer floorstanders too as they are stable and not easy to knock off the floor , though a bookshelf also would likely do in a room of that size and help you get better sounding setup for the budget. I think you can evaluate below options

i) QAcoustics Concept 20/3030i (35-36k) + Concept Centre (28K) + 3010i surrounds (18-19k). That totals to about 80-85k ,Ceiling speakers will cost you about 12-16k depending on what you choose (Options are Polk RC60I, RC80i). This leaves you with about 50-60k for the subwoofer, you can go for a BIC PL-200 ii/ Polk HTS-12/ QAcoustics QB12 subwoofer at this budget. If you can extend your budget to 80k for the sub you can also have a look at XTZ 12.17. Personal preference order based on auditions/reviews are XTZ 12.17 > QAcoustics QB12 (Reviews & Aesthetics wise) > Polk HTS-12 ~ BIC PL-200ii

ii) Qacoustics 3050i(60k) , Concept Centre (28k)/3090i (14-16k) , same surrounds and ceiling as option i. You will need to spend atleast 40/50k on a subwoofer for complementing such a good setup. The options are same as above

iii) Kef Q350 (50K) , KEF Q250C(40K) , retain your surrounds from current set and rest options same as above

iv) If you absolutely want a package you can explore the 5.0 package from Taga TAV-606/806 series which are very difficult to get hold of currently. Ceiling and subwoofer options remain the same.

If you are from Bangalore you can also audition the IndiQ lineup for LCR which are supposed to be very efficient and easily driveable and are relatively cheaper , @Prodigy and @musiz_craze can give you a better idea about the same. Putting performance aside for a moment, what i like the most is their no questions asked 15 day return policy(though have not heard/seen a single return case), 3 years warranty extendible to 5 years and finally the approachability and helpful nature of the founder Amit.

I personally prefer floorstanders too as they are stable and not easy to knock off the floor , though a bookshelf also would likely do in a room of that size and help you get better sounding setup for the budget. I think you can evaluate below options

i) QAcoustics Concept 20/3030i (35-36k) + Concept Centre (28K) + 3010i surrounds (18-19k). That totals to about 80-85k ,Ceiling speakers will cost you about 12-16k depending on what you choose (Options are Polk RC60I, RC80i). This leaves you with about 50-60k for the subwoofer, you can go for a BIC PL-200 ii/ Polk HTS-12/ QAcoustics QB12 subwoofer at this budget. If you can extend your budget to 80k for the sub you can also have a look at XTZ 12.17. Personal preference order based on auditions/reviews are XTZ 12.17 > QAcoustics QB12 (Reviews & Aesthetics wise) > Polk HTS-12 ~ BIC PL-200ii

ii) Qacoustics 3050i(60k) , Concept Centre (28k)/3090i (14-16k) , same surrounds and ceiling as option i. You will need to spend atleast 40/50k on a subwoofer for complementing such a good setup. The options are same as above

iii) Kef Q350 (50K) , KEF Q250C(40K) , retain your surrounds from current set and rest options same as above

iv) If you absolutely want a package you can explore the 5.0 package from Taga TAV-606/806 series which are very difficult to get hold of currently. Ceiling and subwoofer options remain the same.

If you are from Bangalore you can also audition the IndiQ lineup for LCR which are supposed to be very efficient and easily driveable and are relatively cheaper , @Prodigy and @musiz_craze can give you a better idea about the same. Putting performance aside for a moment, what i like the most is their no questions asked 15 day return policy(though have not heard/seen a single return case), 3 years warranty extendible to 5 years and finally the approachability and helpful nature of the founder Amit.
I too prefer Floor Standers as @fLUX mentioned but I also like Bookshelf speakers and I own 2 pairs of BS act:p
I recently came across a Bookshelf from IndiqAudio that’s very different from most of the other manufacturers. This one carries the 1st half of the towers I got from them. Basically a TMM design which is quite detailed when it comes to sound reproduction.
What I liked most in them are:
1) Sound Quality ( Especially the details from it ) I have also heard that if someone is looking for LCR they choose all 6 drivers from the same lot and test to see all of them match to each other exactly )
2) They can give you custom finish on the cabinet to match your decor so that it blends well.
3) They have an upgrade policy that’s something nobody else offers which makes it a complete VFM.
4) Final thing that I liked is the 15day no questions asked return policy which gives you the flexibility of testing how exactly it sounds at your place with your rig. Room nodes play a major role in sound reproduction is what I have noticed so what might sound good to you in a controlled demo room may not exactly sound the same at your place.

You may actually reach out to FM @SiddharthY who recently picked up the same from Indiq and he is running these with Marantz 1509 if I am not wrong. He should be give you his long time usage review on this Bookshelf I am referring to.

All the best!
Regards,
Som

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back