Lossless audio from PC or Laptop to AVR - Cost effective solution!!!

manojchess

Want to share an interesting and cost effective solution to play high-fedility music from any laptop or desktop.I currently buffer songs from my 10 year old laptop with no loss in quality or worry about spending a lot on DACs etc.,
Solution is simple: I have connected Chromecast device with my Denon AVR, I download FLAC and wave files online and play them through my Chrome browser, I then cast / connect to my Chromocast device from the chrome browser. This lets me play the same file on my AVR. Result :No loss in audio quality, no need to spend on DACs, pure music :)

Want to share an interesting and cost effective solution to play high-fedility music from any laptop or desktop.I currently buffer songs from my 10 year old laptop with no loss in quality or worry about spending a lot on DACs etc.,
Solution is simple: I have connected Chromecast device with my Denon AVR, I download FLAC and wave files online and play them through my Chrome browser, I then cast / connect to my Chromocast device from the chrome browser. This lets me play the same file on my AVR. Result :No loss in audio quality, no need to spend on DACs, pure music :)

Is that Chromecast Audio version or the one with HDMI? A Dac is always needed. If its Chromecast Audio, then the dac in the chromecast device is being used, which I have read is quite good. If its the HDMI version, then the DAC in your receiver is used. Some are happy with these dacs, some not. Glad that you are happy with your chain.:thumbsup:

MaSh

Solution is simple: I have connected Chromecast device with my Denon AVR, I download FLAC and wave files online and play them through my Chrome browser

Tidal through the browser player Tidal offers is sucky sound. YMMV.

I ofc have to completely agree with MaSh - what matters is your happiness with your sound, but I think it safe to predict that if you are chasing SQ (and I guess you are with your interest in lossless) you will switch methods soon :)

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Tidal through the browser player Tidal offers is sucky sound. YMMV.

I ofc have to completely agree with MaSh - what matters is your happiness with your sound, but I think it safe to predict that if you are chasing SQ (and I guess you are with your interest in lossless) you will switch methods soon :)

ciao
gr

I predict these words will soon be prophetic. :lol:

Sure they play at original resolution? Chromecast may be downsampling them to 48kHz 16 bit

I just play my FLAC files using cast to device option on my laptop to Denon AVR and the display on my tv shows the right file specification. Is this lossy? Did not explore much as my ambience is noisy when I get to listen to music.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back