Lowest price to import a Benq W1070

I am thinking to buy from ebay.com instead of amazon.com..

as prices are less in ebay.com and conversion rate also will be less as its payment through paypal...

in amazon conversion rates is 65.50 around today...

any suggestions please...

Hi..those of you who are using BenQ 1070 baught from US, can you suggest me what type of UPS or stabilizer you use in India for the same. Also, could you use power cable of US in India as it is? My friend is getting me BenQ next week from the US..thanks guys

I am using the w1070 for an year now approx 1200 hrs with no UPS, no stabilizer, no transformer nothing. I am in Jaipur so power cuts are not common like once a week may be, so i think max you would need to do would be is to connect it to your home's UPS

hey guyz can anybody explain me the process to evade customs safely if i get this projector by myself (its brand new)....

hey guyz can anybody explain me the process to evade customs safely if i get this projector by myself (its brand new)....

Get the projector without the original box in your hand bag, and if asked at the customs, say that its a used piece, they will not charge you customs on a used piece without original wrapping. I do this all the time... :)

Get the projector without the original box in your hand bag, and if asked at the customs, say that its a used piece, they will not charge you customs on a used piece without original wrapping. I do this all the time... :)

Last edited:
I am looking to buy Benq w1080 from amazon.com which cost around 60,000 only. I am from chennai but currently in dubai for a project for around 6-9 months. so i am planing to buy from amazon, use it in dubai till i stay here and take back home.

queries/problem i have

1) amazon, ishopinternational not shipping to dubai
2) when i take back to india, will custom charge money if i pack it in seperate box along with cabin luggage (i already have to carry my office & personel laptop and i am going keep ps4 inside cabin luggage)

So how can i buy from amazon to dubai and to take back india after few months.

Last edited:
I am looking to buy Benq w1080 from amazon.com which cost around 60,000 only. I am from chennai but currently in dubai for a project for around 6-9 months. so i am planing to buy from amazon, use it in dubai till i stay here and take back home.

queries/problem i have

1) amazon, ishopinternational not shipping to dubai
2) when i take back to india, will custom charge money if i pack it in seperate box along with cabin luggage (i already have to carry my office & personel laptop and i am going keep ps4 inside cabin luggage)

So how can i buy from amazon to dubai and to take back india after few months.

You can claim it is an "old" piece of equipment you are carrying, not new. Don't carry any original papers/manuals/box with you. Just the projector in a old box with some padding for protection.

But Indian customs can be finicky. Many people have got it without issues. I have brought stuff like this (not large packages), but small (but expensive things) this way without attracting any attention.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back