Luxman

Thats true. Many people in Klipsch community advised to go for Primaluna or Cary Audio

Look at the Jadis i35. It would be a decent match for your speaker. Check with Mr Vaz at 9820949395.

What Prem is saying is correct. I have demoed the forte iii and it does not like high damped amplifiers. Youll loose the fun factor completely. Another amp is the pass labs first watt F6 if you can import it. Prem has the quicksilver integrated as well. Maybe he can shed some light on that match too.

Audiopro, Quicksilver may be too much of a neutral amp for the Klipsch. I think a little more tubey amp would be a more synergistic match

I am still rookie with stereo. FWIW just sharing my experience. I bough klipsch rp-600m few months back. Forte's are in different league but i would imagine both being horn-loaded speakers should have similar traits. I was looking for good amp for my Klipsch. I borrowed Luxman 505UX and Halo integrated from local generous FM's. Luxman was just fantastic. Just out of curiosity bought a relatively cheap (15k )El34 based single-ended tube integrated amp from aliexpress. For some genres of music its stunningly real. I think horn-loaded speakers life-like tonality has great synergy with tube's warmth and holographic sound. For me tube magic is too good to ignore. Before you exclude tube amps barrow from some one and at-least give it a try.

I am still rookie with stereo. FWIW just sharing my experience. I bough klipsch rp-600m few months back. Forte's are in different league but i would imagine both being horn-loaded speakers should have similar traits. I was looking for good amp for my Klipsch. I borrowed Luxman 505UX and Halo integrated from local generous FM's. Luxman was just fantastic. Just out of curiosity bought a relatively cheap (15k )El34 based single-ended tube integrated amp from aliexpress. For some genres of music its stunningly real. I think horn-loaded speakers life-like tonality has great synergy with tube's warmth and holographic sound. For me tube magic is too good to ignore. Before you exclude tube amps barrow from some one and at-least give it a try.
Hi
Thanks for sharing your experience with Luxman. I am at disadvantage being in Chandigarh. There are not many people who are too serious for hifi above all 2 channel audio. Borrowing an amp is tough here. But good to know some more feedback about Luxman DNA. If tubes are the answer then LX 380 would be my option with more vintage looks and wooden body

Last edited:
The Luxman 550 and 590 Class A amps sound gorgeous..Don't know how they will pair with the Klipsch speakers but I have always loved their sound. It has a warm, lush sound bringing out the best in vocals, jazz, orchestral music. Won't be ideal for today's pop, techno and trance... Have owned the 505ux for 3 years and will highly recommend the Class A Luxman amps instead of the AB amplifiers with a high sensitivity speaker..

Do ask for a good discount if you end up buying blind... The latest version of the 550 should work fine with the Klipsch although I wouldn't know about the technical aspects of the damping factor as mentioned by Prem..

The Luxman 550 and 590 Class A amps sound gorgeous..Don't know how they will pair with the Klipsch speakers but I have always loved their sound. It has a warm, lush sound bringing out the best in vocals, jazz, orchestral music. Won't be ideal for today's pop, techno and trance... Have owned the 505ux for 3 years and will highly recommend the Class A Luxman amps instead of the AB amplifiers with a high sensitivity speaker..

Do ask for a good discount if you end up buying blind... The latest version of the 550 should work fine with the Klipsch although I wouldn't know about the technical aspects of the damping factor as mentioned by Prem..
Hi Sir

I am glad to know good things about Luxman. I am more in to classical western and Indian music like 70s 80s. I like more laid back sound. One thing I am decided upon is the brand. Let's see how many more advice tubes over solid state.

Your kind of music should be played beautifully with the Luxman 550 series amp.. Your music choices suggest you don't listen very loud and therefore 550 would be my recommendation over the 590...

Your kind of music should be played beautifully with the Luxman 550 series amp.. Your music choices suggest you don't listen very loud and therefore 550 would be my recommendation over the 590...
They both are Class A 550 is 20 WPC and 590 is 30 WPC and some more things that make it pricier over 550. You got me right I listen to more subtle and sweet sounding music. Some of my favs are Louis Armstrong, John Denver, Lobo just for an idea.

I am assuming the 590 would be a lot pricier than the 550 and hence the suggestion.. The Indian prices would be quite high and hence 550 over the 590... 10 extra Class A watts would not make much of a difference to the Klipsch rated at 99db. Should sing with your speakers. However no harm in asking some Klipsch owners if they ever tried using it with a 20-30 watt Class A amp just to be doubly sure...

It will surely get very hot so summers are going to be a problem... My Class AB used to shut down in summers and the Class A generates even more heat...

I am assuming the 590 would be a lot pricier than the 550 and hence the suggestion.. The Indian prices would be quite high and hence 550 over the 590... 10 extra Class A watts would not make much of a difference to the Klipsch rated at 99db. Should sing with your speakers. However no harm in asking some Klipsch owners if they ever tried using it with a 20-30 watt Class A amp just to be doubly sure...

It will surely get very hot so summers are going to be a problem... My Class AB used to shut down in summers and the Class A generates even more heat...
Shutting down is a serious issue then this is something I won't even think of.

I know deep down your favourite is Luxman. But if Arcam & Nad Masters is in the same range then pls try to audition those in Chandigarh or Delhi.

I know deep down your favourite is Luxman. But if Arcam & Nad Masters is in the same range then pls try to audition those in Chandigarh or Delhi.
Right bro :) Luxman is my favourite visually for now may be sonically too if I get a chance to listen to it before I buy. Will see if demo is available from Arcam or Nad. More likely than Luxman.

Cheers.

I have a luxman m-700u class AB. It gets warm but nothing too serious and definitely never shut down. I have a Symphonic Line Kraft 250 which is more heavily biased into class A, and gets much hotter than the Luxman, and that never shut down either due to thermal stress. Proper ventilation is required and definitely A/C is required in the summer months.
I have had numerous tube amps. which get equally hot as well.
Cheers,
Sid

I have a luxman m-700u class AB. It gets warm but nothing too serious and definitely never shut down. I have a Symphonic Line Kraft 250 which is more heavily biased into class A, and gets much hotter than the Luxman, and that never shut down either due to thermal stress. Proper ventilation is required and definitely A/C is required in the summer months.
I have had numerous tube amps. which get equally hot as well.
Cheers,
Sid
I see A/C expense comping up as well then. ;)

Never heard of this. Will check that out.

Contact FM squarewave

It's a SS amp with sweet non fatiguing sound I understand

The sonneteer amp is a good bet to my mind if you need to avoid tubes

It's biased to Class A for A few watts and then AB

Your speakers are quite sensitive so no problem me thinks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back