Lyrita Owner's thread

heliumflight

Friends,

I just wanted to start this thread so that we can have a list our Lyrita audio equipment. I think it would help especially if there are people looking to buy or have questions than can be answered by owners.

Please list the following if you can:
(I will attach the pics as soon as I know how to do the same)

1) Preamps- model and price
2) Phono amp
3) Tube amps
4) Single driver speakers
5) Lyrita customized steel stands
6) Your experiences with/ to get more out of your system
7) Anything special done as in stands/ racks/ Power conditioning, Vibration Control etc.
8) Picture/s of the setup would be nice as well.
9) Willingness to invite interested audiophiles for a listening session.
10) Any room acoustic treatment
11) Different tube changes and their effects sound signature
12) Any mods on your setup
13) Service/ support

Thanks for contributing! It should be a worthwhile thread for everyone interested in the world of tubes.

My Lyrita 2A3 SET integrated amplifier. It uses the 2A3 triode as the output tube. The input tubes are the 5687, and the rectifier tube is the 5V4G. The amplifier puts out a whopping 3 watts per channel. Just sufficent for my room size of 100 sqft.

My Realization of enjoyment

Give 2A3 SET amps a try and you'll experience a new level of musical reproduction. Less power is sometimes more. If you can sacrifice the loudness you will be well rewarded. Music played with a 2A3 SET amp is more real, more involving, more fun ... and that's what our beloved hobby is all about, isn't it?

This excels with acoustical instrumental, jazz, vocals, and chamber music. This does not mean it cannot play other types of music, such as heavy metal rock or powerful and dynamically orchestrated classical music

The beauty of the 2A3 tube is in the glorious midrange where the music lives and breathes. Yeah it might not to do thunderous bass or the absolutely crystal sounding highs, but what you loose in the extremes of the spectrum you gain BIG TIME in the midrange. It will simply devastate you! You will not get time to anlayse and dissect the music as it will involve you into the music and you will drift into it with realisaling that you are tapping your toes and shaking your head.

I invite all on the forum to listen to my setup.:yahoo:

My setup
Amp: Lyrita 2A3 SET integrated amplifier
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Lyrita Interconnects
Lyrita speaker cables
Lyrita book shelf stands
Lyrita customer support 24 X 7

Kindest regards,
--
helium

Last edited:
So Helium,

You did bite the bullet...

Congratulations.

Count me in, whenever you are holding an audition...

My gates are open for you.

VI@hifi you were with me all the way, you knew my expectations, music genres, listening preferences-volume levels (insane). I came to purchase BIG BASS Speakers but then I realised that I was under illusion of listening to music cause today I started enjoying the music.

--
helium

Source continues to be my faithful LG DVD + Beresford DAC 7510 (mod21)

--
helium

And CD's -and good quality cd's???
You started a thread on good quality recordings but never answered then which CD's you bough or whose quality you found better....

Now a chain is as strong as it's weakest link so yo may attach a Krell or Jadis amp to your system but if you are using below average source then in fact it will sound worse!!!!

I think you should have built a good source collection -least a good 50-60 cd collection and a good source - least average CD player with digital out or a pc playing flac with digital out .....

In my quests of good second hand goods I acquired a USB to Optical converter and also a worldspace with optical out (unfortunatly without remote) --both the things needs to be tested!

Congratulations Sumanth!

To let the cat out of the bag, I have also got one of Viren's 2A3 SET amplifiers! Will write up my impressions sometime soon.

congrats heliumflight! looks like you're certainly enjoying your music.

my set up is:
2A3 amp:
rca 5V4G rectifier, assortment of mullard+philips GZ 34,32,
rca 5687 input tubes/stock NOS US make tubes,
shuguang 2A3C/ rca radiotron 45 tubes.

phono stage:
5Z4G rectifier/GZ series rectifiers,
stock 5751 tubes, ecc 83 mullard/amperex bugle boys/telefunken
tube buffer stock US make NOS 5687

speakers:
harmony ones

cabling all viren's.

no major tweaks. amps still sitting on floor. too lazy to get a rack made. biggest change is using different types of tubes.

all welcome over for a listen.

regards

congrats helium!!! The good thing is that you got satisfaction at a much lower price point, and good to see that you now have a budget for a car as well!

congrats helium!!! The good thing is that you got satisfaction at a much lower price point, and good to see that you now have a budget for a car as well!

thevortex, When ? where?how?:yahoo: Congrats!
Waiting for your report, which speakers have you paired it with? How much did it cost?

Friends,

I just wanted to start this thread so that we can have a list our Lyrita audio equipment. I think it would help especially if there are people looking to buy or have questions than can be answered by owners.

Please list the following if you can:
(I will attach the pics as soon as I know how to do the same)

1) Preamps- model and price
2) Phono amp
3) Tube amps
4) Single driver speakers
5) Lyrita customized steel stands
6) Your experiences with/ to get more out of your system
7) Anything special done as in stands/ racks/ Power conditioning, Vibration Control etc.
8) Picture/s of the setup would be nice as well.
9) Willingness to invite interested audiophiles for a listening session.
10) Any room acoustic treatment
11) Different tube changes and their effects sound signature
12) Any mods on your setup
13) Service/ support

Thanks for contributing! It should be a worthwhile thread for everyone interested in the world of tubes.

My Lyrita 2A3 SET integrated amplifier. It uses the 2A3 triode as the output tube. The input tubes are the 5687, and the rectifier tube is the 5V4G. The amplifier puts out a whopping 3 watts per channel. Just sufficent for my room size of 100 sqft.

My Realization of enjoyment

Give 2A3 SET amps a try and you'll experience a new level of musical reproduction. Less power is sometimes more. If you can sacrifice the loudness you will be well rewarded. Music played with a 2A3 SET amp is more real, more involving, more fun ... and that's what our beloved hobby is all about, isn't it?

This excels with acoustical instrumental, jazz, vocals, and chamber music. This does not mean it cannot play other types of music, such as heavy metal rock or powerful and dynamically orchestrated classical music

The beauty of the 2A3 tube is in the glorious midrange where the music lives and breathes. Yeah it might not to do thunderous bass or the absolutely crystal sounding highs, but what you loose in the extremes of the spectrum you gain BIG TIME in the midrange. It will simply devastate you! You will not get time to anlayse and dissect the music as it will involve you into the music and you will drift into it with realisaling that you are tapping your toes and shaking your head.

I invite all on the forum to listen to my setup.:yahoo:

My setup
Amp: Lyrita 2A3 SET integrated amplifier
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Lyrita Interconnects
Lyrita speaker cables
Lyrita book shelf stands
Lyrita customer support 24 X 7

Kindest regards,
--
helium

CONGRATS, Sumant.Will try and visit you for a demo when I am in Delhi next.By the way, what happened to the Bryston ? Its not listed in your set up. Cheers,
Sanjay

Congrats Helium and Vortex.

I remember Helium was hung on big bass a few months back. The funny thing is you can read and read audio reviews for months and years, but real understanding of what one likes only comes with listening to different kinds of equipment. "Hearing is believing" as they say ... :)

Enjoy listening!

Cheers

thevortex, When ? where?how?:yahoo: Congrats!
Waiting for your report, which speakers have you paired it with? How much did it cost?

Well, I have had the amp with me for more than 3 weeks now:). Started off as a home audition. It got confirmed pretty soon.

Viren sells the 2A3 SET amps for Rs. 45000 not considering the shipping charges.

And thanks Gobble.

And CD's -and good quality cd's???
You started a thread on good quality recordings but never answered then which CD's you bough or whose quality you found better....

Now a chain is as strong as it's weakest link so yo may attach a Krell or Jadis amp to your system but if you are using below average source then in fact it will sound worse!!!!

I think you should have built a good source collection -least a good 50-60 cd collection and a good source - least average CD player with digital out or a pc playing flac with digital out .....

In my quests of good second hand goods I acquired a USB to Optical converter and also a worldspace with optical out (unfortunatly without remote) --both the things needs to be tested!

I bought Cd's worth 30k for Bobby of the Forum. With my SET 2A3 everything got a new life as if the soul of the music has returned. Thanks for the advice but I realised don't go by fancy brand names untill and unless you've not listend to it. I didn't like the sound of the Lyrita's 15 watts Russain push pull, nor did I like the Lyrita pre amp but the 2A3's ate my Bryston for Breakfast.

Right now I'm trying to get hold of all Pink Floyd recordings. I'm also trying to get a hold of Worldspace with digital out, do let me know if you can procure one for me

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakres: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

helium

Congratulations Sumanth!

To let the cat out of the bag, I have also got one of Viren's 2A3 SET amplifiers! Will write up my impressions sometime soon.

Congratulation to you too vortex. Please also list down your equipment/ pics on this thread.

--
helium

On seeing the SET2A3 tube amp my wife remarked "from where did you get this tent house lights"?

Yes Anm the trade off was my amp in the house for a car outside the house.

CONGRATS, Sumant.Will try and visit you for a demo when I am in Delhi next.By the way, what happened to the Bryston ? Its not listed in your set up. Cheers,
Sanjay

Yes Sanjay it was great to have you at my house to listen to my Bryston SS. Now please do come again and listen to Lyrita tube SET 2A3.

.... History

helium

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back