MA New RX series ~

Shyamal,
Am waiting to hear more from you about these speakers.
If possible, can you post/PM the price.

Thanks.

Sorry was on a longish vacation so havent been accessing the site. Actually i didnt pay anything extra for the new RS6. I got a combo of RX6, RSW12 (demo piece), bronze surrounds and RSLCR (new piece but the old version) for Rs.1.55L. So cant really say what the individual prices are.

Has anyone else managed to hear the speakers? Personally speaking, the sound is only getting better. Agree with the WHF review ...the speakers are superb in bass as well as mids and highs (notwithsanding that WHF reviews may be a wee bit biased given their track record so far as MA reviews are concerned...also not to forget they were the first to break the news and also come out with a reviews, which indicates they are friendly with MA folks)
cheers

Last edited:
Hi Shyamal,

I did not believe you had RX6 until I met the same dealer.
You are really lucky to get RX6 for the same price as RS6.

Personally I am in a dilemma to buy RS6 or to wait for RX6.
Can you post your impressions on the comparison between the two speakers.
Also what amp/AVR/CD Player are you pairing RX6 with.

Thanks.

I am driving the speakers with a Denon 1909 (my gutfeel is the speakers may perform even better with a slightly higher power AVR). DVDp is Pioneer 610.

Comparison of RS6 and RX6- have heard the old and new ones over a few weeks and I feel that while the old had good bass and v good mids, the highs were a little harsh at high volumes. This becomes very evident for example when one watches the opening sequence of Dark Knight. The sound of gunfire and breaking glass hurts the ears if I listen to the old RS6. On the other hand, the same sequence on RX6 doesn't grate the ears. While the mids sound almost similar, the bass on the RX6 are tighter and also pull a heavier punch. For example hip hop or some lounge music and the percussion beats in some of the songs in Dev D or MJ's They Don't Really care about us or Dire Straits Money for Nothing really stand out.

Overall I think RX6 is more competent across the range. Try hearing for example Break on Through to Other Side and Mirza Ghalib Ghazals by Jagjit singh. Also the RX6 looks sleeker. For the same price or say a 5-7k difference its definitely worth a wait.

Last edited:
hey shyamal, could you put up the no for the dealer or PM it to me? I am looking out for a deal on the older RS model, maybe if he wants to let go of a demo piece etc...

Read on the UK AV Forums that MA RS series is being given at 50% discount by several dealers.
Does anyone know how much discount is being offered by dealers in India on this outgoing RS series?
Thanks.

hey shyamal, could you put up the no for the dealer or PM it to me? I am looking out for a deal on the older RS model, maybe if he wants to let go of a demo piece etc...

hey shyamal could you PM it to me too????

anybody else purchased thr rx6/8, or got a chance to audition?
or any luck with rs 6/8 price? how much discounts should be available in india, considering the 50% disc offered in uk?

Sajith is referring to RX6 which is very recently released and I suppose Tharun has bought RS6

Tharun - Could you plz confirm?

can somebody please post the mrp for rs6/8 and rx6/8, i suppose on the newer rx series one cant expect much discounts..

Yes, Tharun heard RS6 and not RX6, sorry.

RS6 if any stocks left will go for around 50k. But, RX6 would be around 70k with/without 10% discount.

:)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back