Magnepan LRS

The 1.7i arrived in the evening today. Took a while setting them up. The big Xindak drives them with no trouble. First impressions are extremely positive, big soundstage, lots of room between instruments, refined and transparent sq. One Happy camper here.

Thanks for the likes. Have put in some six hours of listening, and I can say "this is my best speaker yet", that is of those I have owned this is special. I was worried, that the Xindak might be a paper tiger, but mercifully that is not the case, 320 watts @4ohms is proving adequate. The two are sounding good together, and there is a comfortable volume range in which I seem to be settling in. In fact I am listening less loudly than with the Blumenhofer, or it is appearing to be less loud. I have to thank the folks in this thread, who got me interested in the Maggie's.

The 1.7i arrived in the evening today. Took a while setting them up. The big Xindak drives them with no trouble. First impressions are extremely positive, big soundstage, lots of room between instruments, refined and transparent sq. One Happy camper here.

Thanks for the likes. Have put in some six hours of listening, and I can say "this is my best speaker yet", that is of those I have owned this is special. I was worried, that the Xindak might be a paper tiger, but mercifully that is not the case, 320 watts @4ohms is proving adequate. The two are sounding good together, and there is a comfortable volume range in which I seem to be settling in. In fact I am listening less loudly than with the Blumenhofer, or it is appearing to be less loud. I have to thank the folks in this thread, who got me interested in the Maggie's.
I had the SMG and loved them but it got tooo old. People said a lot of the bass not being there but is not true, more than adequate. I realized it the hard way and thinking of getting the 0.7

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back