Magnepan LRS

Raghu, I had contacted Wendell Diller of Magnepan a couple of times in the last 3 years and both times he asked me to go through Audiovision.. I stated my concern about zero support and lack of audition but he expressed his regret... So Magnepan wont sell directly.. Will have to go through some dealer else wait for an FTA between India and US and hope speakers are part of the products with zero duty...
Fair enough, any company will not want to undercut their local or international distributors.
It is just bad business.
Cheers,
Raghu

Raghu, I had contacted Wendell Diller of Magnepan a couple of times in the last 3 years and both times he asked me to go through Audiovision.. I stated my concern about zero support and lack of audition but he expressed his regret... So Magnepan wont sell directly.. Will have to go through some dealer else wait for an FTA between India and US and hope speakers are part of the products with zero duty...
If you can find someone in the US that can take delivery and then ship it to you, it should work out well.

True but i do not want to hassle anyone there... Will find some way around...
Panditji, as the LRS is also being sold directly by Magnepan, it may be a good try to approach then directly.
And it's a matter of time before it becomes available widely.

Say you get them to sell it to you (and remember used prices can be very very nice if you could swing that)

How do you ship it ? It is properly huge and isi or bl and any of the usual suspects won't touch it. I know because I've asked.

Any group buy I suspect will run into these issues too, I imagine a container full of lovely panel speakers ...

Bottom line, if you want it badly enough, accept the gouge on cif and fx. Gehra ghav but all is okay with the SQ.

Ciao
GR

Sir, shipping is not a problem as distributors all over the world get these shipped.. if we get a decent number of buyers, we can even ship them by sea provided they are properly packed... Customs is not an issue..

Please let me know if I can be of any help.
Thanks for the offer sir.. if nothing works out, i will reach out to you for help...

Sir, shipping is not a problem as distributors all over the world get these shipped.. if we get a decent number of buyers, we can even ship them by sea provided they are properly packed... Customs is not an issue..
These units are 46 lbs in weight
Carton dimensions 54" x 18" x 4"

Got this info from some other forum
Cheers,
Raghu

These units are 46 lbs in weight
Carton dimensions 54" x 18" x 4"

Got this info from some other forum
Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu... The shipping weight will probably be higher due to the volumetric measurements being higher than 20 kgs but when we combine more units and put them in a crate then the actual weight may be equal to the volumetric weight and hence the need for a group buy to save shipping... Shipping an individual pair would be far more expensive than 4-5 pairs together...

Thanks Raghu... The shipping weight will probably be higher due to the volumetric measurements being higher than 20 kgs but when we combine more units and put them in a crate then the actual weight may be equal to the volumetric weight and hence the need for a group buy to save shipping... Shipping an individual pair would be far more expensive than 4-5 pairs together...
Agree. Single unit or even few units doesn't make sense as far as volumetric shipping goes.
Odd dimensions for standard size pallets (48/40, 42/42, 48/48).
Wonder how many would be the optimal number for a full pallet?
My "back of the envelope" calculation says 20 cartons to a full 42/42 pallet.
I may be completely wrong here though :)
Cheers,
Raghu

Hehehe... There will be a few dropouts as well and we will have to see the final number once we zero in on a supplier... But even then the shipping rate comes down for 5 pairs of speakers vis a vis a single pair. Also the clearance charges will be split into 5 instead of one... And maybe the dealer gives a small discount if we are lucky.

Hehehe... There will be a few dropouts as well and we will have to see the final number once we zero in on a supplier... But even then the shipping rate comes down for 5 pairs of speakers vis a vis a single pair. Also the clearance charges will be split into 5 instead of one... And maybe the dealer gives a small discount if we are lucky.
This reminds me of an old Kannada proverb.
Roughly translated into Hindi it says:
"Daanth hai to Chanaa nahi, Chanaa hai to Daanth nahi"
Cheers,
Raghu

Please count me in LRS or 0.7 provided the ticket size does not exceed Rs. 1.5L all inclusive. I realise that this thread seems to have died a quiet death

Hey!

Any views, experience, comments on these new Maggies.

At around USD 650, the pricing is really attractive. Wonder if Audio Vision will offer it at an equivalent price in India.

Cheers!
The problem is speakers like magnepan are huge and needs more complex packaging to get them safe across countries unlike traditional boxes. Obviously this is the reason why they cost more in countries outside they are manufactured.

I still have the Maggies on my mind but waiting for the US Dollar to come down as it has increased the total cost by appreciating 10%... Also it would be prudent to wait for some US-India Free trade deal to escape duties or reduced duties.. I am assuming all of us have main speakers and can wait to indulge in a secondary pair of speakers...

I have heard the Magnepans are very finicky with placement and almost need to be 3 feet into the room (away from the back walls) . is that true?
Also, are they any good for HT duties? Do they integrate well with only their Sub ?

TYIA, just curious..

You are right about being given lots of space for them to sound best but FM Tuff says he has no problem with 1-2 feet behind them.. Also I think they should work well with any good compact sealed sub for stereo .. Hardly anyone uses them for HT but maybe FMs can chip in with their experience...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back