Marantz 7200 KI or Rotel RA-1062

petar93.mar

Hello and welcome to my first post:
So I have the choice between these two. Both of them I can get at the exact same price. Both in extremely good conditions. Rotel was used for a certain time, and then it was packed and stores in original packing, because the guy got something else. It comes as I've said in original packaging with remote control and instructions manual. Marantz on the other hand has just been renovated and totally repaired. It doesn't come in original packaging but still has a remote controller and an owners manual.
Now, my speakers aren't the best. I got two B&O S45s and two B&W DM330i for a total of 50$. I am probably going to get a sub, B&W ASW1000 as well, also very affordable. As time goes by maybe I'll change them. But I want to start spending bigger money on amp first.
I also inherited a rather large cd collection from my dad, so I will have to get a decent CD player as well. Thinking about Marantz 63 mk2 KI, but we'll see. I am a sucker for vinyl, and am going to invest in a good record player, probably Thorens TD 150/160. Of course, music will be also be played from a PC, so all of these possibilities to connect should be there.
Lastly, I am willing to invest more money in my system as time goes by. Maybe get a power amp or pre-amp and combine it with one of these, if it is manageable, so a capacity to upgrade is definitely a plus. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to try either of these, but since the prices are extremely good I am willing not to, but to rely on your comments and experiences.
P.S. The room is a rather large one, maybe 35 sq. meters and I already have cables from Oehlbach, the 11AWG (4 sq. mm).
Thank you for your replies

Rotel will be my choice.Few months back got chance to compare one marantz power amp with budget Rotel power amp.I like Rotel sound as more lively,open.Cant exactly put in words.Still demo them before you decide.

Marantz is enthusiastic and dramatic, and Rotel is a very flawless sound with nice punch. Did you say B&W speakers, Rotel again. But you can't go wrong with either. Thats all I can say with my limited experience in hifi. Actually, I posted a reply because these are the only two brands, other than Denon and Onkyo, that I have heard.

Hi Petar93,

Both are equally good...you need to check for service centres or repairers in case something goes wrong in the near future...better to make sure everything is in place before you make ur investment in the shortlisted amp...

Most imp trust ur ears....see if you can audition any of them before purchase....there are online reviews and demo videos over the Internet which can help to steer your decision...all the best!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back