Marantz and Boston Acoustics?

Just demo Polk RTi a3/a1 & CSI a4 or Dali Z3/Z1 & Vokal. Worth audition and extra cost of 10K. As Polk are front ported, they are placement free too.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Hi Chander
Sorry for asking this question here. Please share your opinion about SAMSON media one subwoofer.

Thanks @ efernand1 & rpmahale.

@rpmahale - I would love to audition them, though I can't seem to find any place where these are only 10K more. BTW, do you mean 10k more per speaker, or in all?

Last edited:
Hi Chander
Sorry for asking this question here. Please share your opinion about SAMSON media one subwoofer.

I like it, I like it a lot. It is not the most accurate sub out there, but considering the price, I have yet to find a sub that is as accurate. It is FUN! It is good for music but excellent for movies. I won't say it's the best out there, but for the price and maybe 5-6K more, it can beat most hands down.

Thanks!

Overall all 10 to 12 k more for all speakers. Wait till Diwali festival, you may get better deal with 18 to 20? off on Mrp.

Polk rti series is good but I think Boston A26 is the best vfm speaker out there. They will never disappoint you. I am currently using these with Yamaha HTR3067 and they sound awesome...

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

Dear friend, just a small suggestions. Before purchasing bookshelf of any series/brand just first audition the floor standing speaker of same series/brand. You will come to know how much music you are missing then go for deal whichever you like. Always try to audition speakers with stereo amp, you will come to know the true strength of speaker.

@rpmahale - Thanks a ton for your suggestions. I would love to audition, but there is no place - atleast I haven't found one, that stores, Bostons. I have done many auditions, with wharfies 220 etc, but almost no one stores Bostons. Hence I am willing to take a leap of faith here. I would give the Polks a try before I make the final purchase.

@khosla - thanks and yes that is what I have been told, many times.

I will give the Polks a hear though they are way pricier than the Bostons and considering I do not have the means to make a A-B comparison, I can't hear for real which ones sound better to me. I will wait up a couple more weeks to see if any new offers pop up on the Polks, if yes and if they sound great to me, I will go for them for "One in the hand better than two in the bush" jazz.

Dear friend, just check out Onkyo SKF 4800 Floor Standards speakers. Mrp is 24k but you can get in anywhere between 20 to 21K. Just give a try , you may like it. Very good speakers for money you pay. Presently Onkyo offerings products on annual sale. You may click a good deal. Best of Luck and keep updating.

One thing wish to let you know that BA are rear ported. So you can't place them next to wall. You have to keep atleast 8 to 10 inches to perform them well. Polks are placement friendly as they are front ported.

Anyone else with experience with Q Acoustics/Boston Acoustics here? I love the way QAs look, will look great with my setup, however, the BAs have got good reviews and save me a decent chunk.

I am leaning more and more towards the BAs, as I read more about them being a fun speaker setup that can be an advantage in a 5.1 setup.
Hi Chander, I have listened both q acoustics and Boston acoustics. Even had a demo of KEF. IMO q acoustics is absolute winner for me. But it was beyond my budget, hence landed with BA since they are cost wise really cheap and value for money. But I would suggest if your budget permits q acoustics are way better than BA. In future I will buy them when I can afford them. All the best.

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

@Chander: The combination of Marantz and BA A26 works really well. I have the same combination.

Yes, I loved QA a lot too. But, it was beyond my budget. So, I went for BA A26, true value for money.

Please note that the BA Speakers are real big with 6 1/2" drivers. So, keep in mind the space and placement of these speakers too.

Cheers!!!

I have listened both q acoustics and Boston acoustics. Even had a demo of KEF. IMO q acoustics is absolute winner for me. But it was beyond my budget

Which QA and KEF models did you listen to? Have posted your impressions some where on the forum?

Yes, I loved QA a lot too.

Which QA Model did you demo? Any impressions?

MaSh

Which QA and KEF models did you listen to? Have posted your impressions some where on the forum?

I heard QA 2010. They were extremely exciting with lots of details. And I loved their wide soundstage. It made me feel happy when I heard them. Since they are small, don't expect heavy bass from them.

Against this , KEF Q300. They sounded very flat to me. Don't know, if they were totally new or not burned in, it lacked punch and sounded not that interesting to me. And ofcourse way expensive than Q's.

For both listening denon x1000 was used.

Which QA Model did you demo? Any impressions?

MaSh

Hi Mash,

I heard the QA 3020 Bookshelf Speakers. It had sound was quite melodious and it didn't hit the ears a lot even at high volume.

I went for a BA A26 though, it was a VFM and sound great too.

Cheers! :)

I heard QA 2010. They were extremely exciting with lots of details. And I loved their wide soundstage. It made me feel happy when I heard them. Since they are small, don't expect heavy bass from them.

Against this , KEF Q300. They sounded very flat to me. Don't know, if they were totally new or not burned in, it lacked punch and sounded not that interesting to me. And ofcourse way expensive than Q's.

For both listening denon x1000 was used.

Hi Mash,

I heard the QA 3020 Bookshelf Speakers. It had sound was quite melodious and it didn't hit the ears a lot even at high volume.

I went for a BA A26 though, it was a VFM and sound great too.

Cheers! :)

Thank You so much. I am looking to upgrade from my Polks and seriously considering the QAs and Zensor 3.

MaSh

Hi MaSh,

I had heard Dali too (not sure it was Zensor 1 or 3) and to my ears they sounded bright. So I would suggest audition these speakers first, then only decide. All the best!

Hi MaSh,

I had heard Dali too (not sure it was Zensor 1 or 3) and to my ears they sounded bright. So I would suggest audition these speakers first, then only decide. All the best!
What was the amp? Don't overlook the contribution of the amp to the sound

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back