Marantz AV reciever faulty

brenton22

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some information regarding where can I get my Marantz AV receiver repaired.

I have SR5002 model, it is not under warranty. When I switch it on, the standby LED keep flashing very fast. What may have happened is that the unit was switched on while the rear speakers were disconnected. I guess, the wires for the rear speakers might have touched each other since they were naked.

Could some one please suggest if there is any good repair workshop in delhi.
I tried Sharda motors, but they did not check properly and say they need to change the complete motherboard and asking for 18000/-.

Regards
Brenton

dude try rythm corner in south ext II near mcdonalds. its a very old shop and he takes on a lot of service work as well. cheers:)

Usually the protection circuit kicks in leaving the fuse burst on the way. But this is a guess.

Have you left it turned off and disconnected from power outlet for a while and tried to turn it on without any speakers or components being connected to it? Is there still the same issue?

You need to take it to a seasoned person or outlet to have it checked properly. Sorry cannot comment on Sharda motors though the name is not sitting well with me!

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some information regarding where can I get my Marantz AV receiver repaired.

I have SR5002 model, it is not under warranty. When I switch it on, the standby LED keep flashing very fast. What may have happened is that the unit was switched on while the rear speakers were disconnected. I guess, the wires for the rear speakers might have touched each other since they were naked.

Could some one please suggest if there is any good repair workshop in delhi.
I tried Sharda motors, but they did not check properly and say they need to change the complete motherboard and asking for 18000/-.

Regards
Brenton

If it is just the protection circuit kicking in, you can try these steps.

Switch the Receiver off
Reduce the volume to zero
Switch it back on
Check if power light is flashing
If it is flashing now, you will need professional help
If not, increase the volume by rotating the volume knob slowly
After getting it to a medium level try playing something.

If you have manual(download from web) read troubleshoot page & try to know the reason.
Contact online with marantz & find the solution ,then reach service centre.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back