Marantz M CR603 or Integrated Amp for Floor standers MA BR6

A-Major

Need the experts to advise if a Marantz CD Receiver M-CR603 would be a good enough option to drive the floor standers namely Monitor Audio BR6 and KEF Q500.

Or would an integrated Amp like Marantz PM6004 be a better option.

My source would be laptop/ipad with CDs, FLACs and MP3-320.

If you listen at very high volume and the room is big then PM7004 will be the good option.

Room size is 12ft x 25ft...and I stay in an apartment so I would be playing at low to medium vol . Also PM7004 has a rating of 70w at 8ohm...so would even this be sufficient to drive speakers with 150 w at 6 ohm..

Your advice would help make the purchase easy.

Last edited:
Go for the PM7004, its a really good amp & will drive your intended purchase of MA BR6 well.
:)

Thanks denom

But little more of confusion

1. How much of a difference a mcr603 & pm7004 make to for low to medium vols. it would be grat if anyone has driven the br6 or br5 with these can share their experience
2. The dealer is insisting on Cambridge audio 651A being a better match than maranta...any experience would be welcome since I may not be able to play both these side by side..

Expert help needed

A-Major,

Have heard PM7004 drive B&W683 Towers effortlessly, hence suggested that this amp would drive the BR Towers well.
Have never heard the Cambridge Audio Amp so cannot help you with it.

If your dealer gives you a good demo of the BR Towers paired with the CA651, then hear the pairing & judge for yourself. That would be the best way for you to find out.
PM7004 will be a good pairing as well, but since you are not able to get demo with the BR Towers then its a question of you taking a call on it based on recommendation from others.
If you are hung up on demoing the PM7004 with the BR speakers then see if any one on the forum staying in Bengaluru is willing to lend you his PM7004 for the same.

Best Wishes

A-Major,

If you are hung up on demoing the PM7004 with the BR speakers then see if any one on the forum staying in Bengaluru is willing to lend you his PM7004 for the same.

Best Wishes

:) Yeps it would be great...if not lend the amp, lending their view would help too!

I'm using Marantz PM6004 to drive KEF Q500 FS. It does the job effortlessly and I seldom need to increase volume dial beyond the 25% mark on amp.

CR603 is more of a bedroom mini system component and cannot equal the output of a hifi separate.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back